Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Loving MM PvP again

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Obviously you weren't clued in on the fact that any pet can be specced to any tree now (ferocity, cunning, tenacity).
    Plus,
    Tranq shot costs 25 focus, which is more than Shiv (20 energy), and a hell of a lot more resource intensive than Dispel or Purge. You can't spam that. Widow's Venom is literally the most useless shot in the hunter arsenal. 15 focus, no damage, used to be dispellable, not sure if it is any more.
    Honestly I was pretty sure the pets could be specced however but I didnt want to go throwing it out there without being 100% sure. Even still, doesnt really matter, cunning is still better for the non BM specs since pet damage is pretty insignificant.

During BW tranq is very spammable, without it yea its a little instensive. Im a little biased but I swear it favors taking BoP before anything else :P

Widows venom isnt the best MS for sure, but its still an MS which is very noticeable as a healer trust me. If no other class is bringing it you should be maintaining it, definitely during a burst phase. Its really the fact that they HAVE all these things, they are essentially a ranged melee with an MS, multiple ccs, an immunity CD, a cd reset, 1 min CD burst (for BM), a purge, knockback, masters call, roar of sac with a cunning pet, hell even feign death to stop cast time spells. Not alot of classes can claim they have even half the tools hunters have.

I have tried MM and BM since the patch. I have played both previously in arena over 2400. (I am currently using a 498 wep and have 58% from pvp power)

MM was kind of fun, but I hate being constantly focused starved and aimed shot seemed kind of meh. The damage was good, if you can get off a cast and a chimera shot right after it (about 100k-170k burst, crit vs non crit). But even after that, you don't have decent damage again for 10 seconds and you are completely drained of focus. You could spam arcane shots, but then you might as well just play BM because thats what you do anyways.

BM though...omg. Was still able to run a train on almost anything. Just have to use glyph of mend pet to dispel cc on your pet. I have always used blink strike, which is still critting for 80k on high resil targets. KC was up there too, critting for 60k. After all of that burst during BW, I still had like 80-100 focus left, compared to 0 when I used all my burst as MM. So its arcane spam, which also procs auto crits for my pet that can stack up to 10 crits in a row, from what I remember. Not to mention, thrill of the hunt's up-time is insane, so spamming arcane shot is usually free. I see my SS dropping constantly because I never need to use cobra shot to get focus back, which would refresh the SS.

Hunter CC is still insane. If you use a crane pet, you can CC someone for 19 seconds easy. (scatter, trap, pet sleep, silence shot). That is more than enough when playing with anything else, since every class has decent CC now. When I play 2s with my druid friend, we can CC a target virtually forever when he cyclones while scatter trap comes off CD.

Overall, hunters are fine. Sure, they aren't CRAZY op like other things atm, but any class is op if the user knows what he/she is doing. If they would fix the one-shot ability of other classes, hunters would right at the top of PvP viable classes.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Obviously you weren't clued in on the fact that any pet can be specced to any tree now (ferocity, cunning, tenacity).

Plus,

Tranq shot costs 25 focus, which is more than Shiv (20 energy), and a hell of a lot more resource intensive than Dispel or Purge. You can't spam that. Widow's Venom is literally the most useless shot in the hunter arsenal. 15 focus, no damage, used to be dispellable, not sure if it is any more.
    Tranquil shot is pretty effective. It gets rid of an enrage effect AND dispels a random buff. During Bestial Wrath you most certainly can spam it. There definitely is an opportunity cost, using it will cost you damage, however, it may also save you from certain buffs that will kill you quickly when up.

Widow's Venom should be applied by the Hunter, if noone else is applying the healing debuff. I don't agree it's useless, but it could be better.