Cataclysm Classic Development Notes and Known Issues - March 28, 2024

Cataclysm Classic Development Notes and Known Issues - March 28, 2024
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Today, we’ve updated the Cataclysm Beta to build 53973, which includes the 80-85 Cataclysm leveling experience, the character copy function, and templates to get you straight into the endgame.

At this time, the following features have been added:

• Level 80-85 zones are unlocked.
      • Vash’jir (Level 80-82)
      • Mount Hyjal (Level 80-82)
      • Deepholm (82-83)
      • Uldum (83-84)
      • Twilight Highlands (84-85)
    • Leveling Dungeons
    • Level 80 players will begin to gain experience.
    • Character copy
    • Archaeology

The following features are still a work-in-progress, and are unavailable for now:

• Reforging
    • Transmogrification
    • Guild system updates
    • Dungeon Journal
    • LFD
    • Tol Barad

We’re currently tracking the following known issues:

Questing
    • The cinematic doesn’t play properly during “The Eye of the Storm”, causing the player to be stuck for ~4 minutes without being able to interact with the questgiver.
    • The quest “Be Raptor” is not completable.
    • Some cinematics don’t play properly, requiring players to Esc out of them.

Class & Combat:
    • Players can still learn some weapon skills.
    • Resistances aren’t calculating properly.
    • Druid - The Euphoria proc rate when casting Starfire and Wrat is significantly lower than it should be.
    • Druid - Mangle (cat & bear) are unlearned on logout.
    • Druid – Rejuvenation is doing significantly lower healing than it should.
    • Death Knight – Raise Dead doesn’t raise a ghoul
    • Death Knight - Rune Tap does not activate a rune immediately.
    • Goblin – Rocket Barrage doesn’t scale with attack power
    • Paladin & Warrior - Block only block 1 damage.
    • Warlock – Blood Pact gives strength instead of stamina

Misc:
    • Some Orc and Gnome NPCs are displaying untextured pink facial hair (questionable fashion choice)

So eventually they will catch up to retail and, in a hilariously ironic outcome, we'll finally have "WoW 2" but it will basically be the same as WoW

Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    So eventually they will catch up to retail and, in a hilariously ironic outcome, we'll finally have "WoW 2" but it will basically be the same as WoW
    Classic +

Basically one of the ONLY opinions i ever had that got "famous" For once i was part of the majority

I'm not sure you know how time works, the only way they catch up to retail is if retail stops updating the game for 14 years.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not able to test Tmog?

See y'all next week

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I'm not sure you know how time works, the only way they catch up to retail is if retail stops updating the game for 14 years.
    Not sure if you know how math works, Classic "xpacs" are coming out faster than the originals. So...if they don't slow down it could reach it lol.. but i doubt it will go that far.

I feel its more when that does we are going to get Everquest style "Progression Servers" a new server will pop up starting at Vanilla and will slowly progress through patches when a certain amount of people kill a raid tier or a certain amount of time has passed then the next one will roll over say

Vanilla
    500 KT Kills/6 Months -> Progress to BC
    BC
    500 Kil'Jaden Kills/6 Months->Progress to Wrath
    Wrath
    500 Hailion Kills/6 Months->Progress to Cata

and so on and so forth

But as others has said unless Blizzard stops releasing retail expansions or we get a new classic expansion like every 3 months the chances of this fully hitting retail is slim to non existant
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    Not sure if you know how math works, Classic "xpacs" are coming out faster than the originals. So...if they don't slow down it could reach it lol.. but i doubt it will go that far.
    In what 20 years? lmao yeah ok gimme a call when it happens
    Last edited by Ereb; 2024-03-29 at 05:06 AM.

Classic has been releasing an xpac once every year and a half/2 years so far

Retail releases an xpac also once every 2 years

I mean if we go the low end of one year

2024 cata/War Within
    2025: MoP
    2026: Midnight/WoD
    2027:Legion
    2028:BFA/Last Titan
    2029:Shadowlands
    2030: unknown Expansion/Dragonflight
    2031:War Within Classic
    2032: Super Unknown/Midnight
    2033:Last Titan

So 10 years give or take assuming wow lasts that long or we dont go senile

But that of course assumes the low end of 1 year per
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

Wow. Will they finally fix Vash’jir last quest line, that was broken for a long time and then simply cut from game?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2024-03-29 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Classic has been releasing an xpac once every year and a half/2 years so far

Retail releases an xpac also once every 2 years

I mean if we go the low end of one year

2024 cata/War Within
    2025: MoP
    2026: Midnight/WoD
    2027:Legion
    2028:BFA/Last Titan
    2029:Shadowlands
    2030: unknown Expansion/Dragonflight
    2031:War Within Classic
    2032: Super Unknown/Midnight
    2033:Last Titan

So 10 years give or take assuming wow lasts that long or we dont go senile

But that of course assumes the low end of 1 year per
    Fair enough, i don't see it going past MOP though. /shrug

Assuming cata releases in July, it could release in September and still be "summer" then it wouldn't be faster at all, and that trend of a couple months early continue, then you can expect Classic to catch up to retail in about the year 2103. Yeah, safe to say Classic never catches up to Retail.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I think what’s going to happen is it ends with mop then outcry comes like 3-5 years later for legion classic.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So.. how you imagine what could happen next? Chars deleted? Some servers stuck in MoP era forever? No, imo this train had 2 stations: never went into expansions or stop with Wrath cause it's still most recent edition with old world.

Now stoping anywhere is problematic - without progression no one will play it and always small group of people want nostalgia trip, especially since they can release every patch with polished state and without droughts.

Although, while writing it, I came with another idea - Midnight will have 90 level cap, MoP will have 90 level cap. If they really see no point continuing into WoD they could just transfer all these servers from 5.0 to 12.0 version. Funny that this way people who invested in grabing unobtainable items from 2019 Classic would win in the long run xD.

I remember when these threads were about how classic was toast before it hit BWL. Now the goal post has been moved to MoP. I am so proud of classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Known Issue: Cataclysm is NOT classic.