Thread: Melee PvP?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Melee PvP?

So long story short, i havent played since wrath launch. WoW is a world apart from where it was before. Im looking to start a new account thanks to my renewed free time, what melee class would you recommend and why?? Thanks

Deleted
    Warrior or Death Knight, they are both strong

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Druid without a doubt, Awesome Melee, and then if you get bored and want to try something else, You have another 3speccs to choose from^_^

Warriors. They're in a good state right now.

Ferals. They're in a similar state right now, but people don't realize that. Will be the strongest melee past 5.1

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the input

Death Knight, demanded target caller for RBGS. You will almost always top the damage meters in BGS due to the AOE of frost. Top tank in Heroics as Blood due to the massive damage output. Also, rogues, ferals, warriors, and monks get owned by good casters; mainly the good'ol frost mage. However the Death Knight stands a good chance with an arsenal of abilities at your disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Death Knight, demanded target caller for RBGS. You will almost always top the damage meters in BGS due to the AOE of frost. Top tank in Heroics as Blood due to the massive damage output. Also, rogues, ferals, warriors, and monks get owned by good casters; mainly the good'ol frost mage. However the Death Knight stands a good chance with an arsenal of abilities at your disposal.
    They struggle in an arena setting though. Complete lack of CC and bad defensive cooldowns.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ferals don't get owned by casters at least, At least i don't and i don't have epic PvP gear and i'm a clicker lol, Frost mages can go either way, depends on the skill of the mage

Ferals will probably be the strongest melee after 5.1, warriors should still be reasonable but won't be as strong against mages and not as good at locking down healers/casters as before. Enhancement shamans are quite strong and I think fairly underrated. Death Knights are strong damage but easily killed and locked down and have almost no utility. Ret is hard to comment on but they are decent but not a top tier class by any means. Rogues can pull some decent burst in quick games but if they dont score a kill are borderline useless and very squishy. Not sure if monks got any buffs but seem to be pretty weak.

Its hard to recommend a class based on fun otherwise, but I have always enjoyed melees with the 1 second gcd (DK, rogue and monk) but they arent the greatest classes arena wise atm. Warrior ret and enhance i find probably the most fun after that and personally i hate feral but as i said they should be the strongest melee and everyone has different tastes so really up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    So long story short, i havent played since wrath launch. WoW is a world apart from where it was before. Im looking to start a new account thanks to my renewed free time, what melee class would you recommend and why?? Thanks
    feral > rogue > ret >= DK > warriors after 5.1.

Enhance and wind monk somewhere in the middle. Haven't played against or as those in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post

Enhance and wind monk somewhere in the middle. Haven't played against or as those in a while.
    If hybrid healing nerf happens then i believe warriors will be above everyone but ferals, still. Their mobility is untouched, and their cd-stacking damage is still insane.
    They'll still be able to kill non-casters as easy as they are right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral. A streamer is currently doing 90-100k ravages with 37k~ bleed crits.

Or go warrior if you want to be truly faceroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    If hybrid healing nerf happens then i believe warriors will be above everyone but ferals, still. Their mobility is untouched, and their cd-stacking damage is still insane.
    They'll still be able to kill non-casters as easy as they are right now.
    Warrior mobility in the trash can..D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Feral, the most OP melee right now!!!

Gonna throw in a vote for retribution. If you haven't played since Wrath launch the class has undergone a complete overhaul, new resource system, still got lots of utility (double BoP, double freedom, 40 yard range snare, sprint) and our burst can make grown men cry :P

However in the grand scheme of things, feral and others are probably in a "stronger" place *right now*. Each patch brings ... I was gonna say balance, but lets call it 'changes' :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

1. Demanded Target Caller is true, but who wants to TC? Imho TC is cool in arenas but annoying in RBGs.

2. DK is more about just aoe frost in rbgs. Unholy dks are more reliable and dangerous in killing single targets pretty quickly and still topping dmg meters with diseases and necros. Ppl just play whats easier for them.

3. While dks have no problems with casters and healers, you certainly get melee cleaved quickly by warrior burst, forcing the dk to play in blood presence all the time. As dk is still squishy. Better take disc with you, he provides absorb shields and another target for your team. My 5vs5 Team did hit almost 2,5k rating now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Feral. A streamer is currently doing 90-100k ravages with 37k~ bleed crits.
    That was actually the case pre 5.1.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Literally LOL?
    Feral/Warrior > rogue > ret > dk
    Fixed it for you.

what. no.

Warrior = Feral >> DK = Enh = Ret > Rogue >>>> WW Monk.

Just because Warriors lost gag order, doesn't take away from the fact they still 1shot. They still have awesome mobility and the avatar change only means their Pala or Shaman has to give them a freedom while they nuke someone down from 100-0 in 3 globals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    1. Demanded Target Caller is true, but who wants to TC? Imho TC is cool in arenas but annoying in RBGs.

2. DK is more about just aoe frost in rbgs. Unholy dks are more reliable and dangerous in killing single targets pretty quickly and still topping dmg meters with diseases and necros. Ppl just play whats easier for them.

3. While dks have no problems with casters and healers, you certainly get melee cleaved quickly by warrior burst, forcing the dk to play in blood presence all the time. As dk is still squishy. Better take disc with you, he provides absorb shields and another target for your team. My 5vs5 Team did hit almost 2,5k rating now.
    1. I love to target call, controlling the fight is what I like most of doing RBGS.
    2. While your right in normal BGS, in RBGS well timed Obliterates combined with rpw is the difference maker in landing kills. Spamming HB like an idiot will pad the meters sure.. but will also make CC'in impossible.
    3. I did not mention arenas because we are pretty weak in arenas, however our damage is not affected much by being in Blood presence.