Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would want the person covering my ass in a combat situation the one that is capable of doing the job. Couldn't care less about gender!

So exactly for this reason I don't see why females (or males, or anybody) should be kept to a lower standard than males.

"who won Purple Hearts in Afghanistan"

You don't win a Purple Heart, it is earned after receiving combat related injury. It is the one medal you never want to receive.

Who is writing this stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esolde View Post
    "who won Purple Hearts in Afghanistan"

You don't win a Purple Heart, it is earned after receiving combat related injury. It is the one medal you never want to receive.

Who is writing this stuff?
    Yeah, not a medal I would be proud of receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yeah, not a medal I would be proud of receiving.
    What if you deliberately injured yourself in order to save your squad mates?
    There's certain honor in receiving it, even if the requirements for it suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    What if you deliberately injured yourself in order to save your squad mates?
    There's certain honor in receiving it, even if the requirements for it suck.
    I was wounded in a combat action, got my leg burned pretty bad, all I got was abuse and mockery from my peers for being so slow and stupid

I was wounded in a combat action, got my leg burned pretty bad, all I got was abuse and mockery from my peers for being so slow and stupid
    Then you peers are quite the asses. No offense.
    Unless it was in Darwinian magnitudes, in which case I can understand them (Nah, I jest).

Deleted
    Then you peers are quite the asses. No offense.
    Unless it was in Darwinian magnitudes, in which case I can understand them (Nah, I jest).
    Thats the british sense of humour, especially in the military. We laugh and joke at ourselves because coddling and crying about it is no good.

Thats the british sense of humour, especially in the military. We laugh and joke at ourselves because coddling and crying about it is no good.
    Both are no good, unless of course there was a full recovery, in which case it won't torment whoever sustained the injury.

Deleted
    Both are no good, unless of course there was a full recovery, in which case it won't torment whoever sustained the injury.
    You just do not understand. There was one soldier who lost a leg in battle, so when he was in hospital his mates visited him and brought him a toy parrot, eye patch and peg leg. If you cannot get our sense of humour then I really cannot explain it to you.

You just do not understand. There was one soldier who lost a leg in battle, so when he was in hospital his mates visited him and brought him a toy parrot, eye patch and peg leg. If you cannot get our sense of humour then I really cannot explain it to you.
    Hmm, I generally do like the British sense of humor. Maybe it's a "you had to be there" kind of moment :P

Women want equality but in reality the only thing they want is to have the same paychecks, same titles, same this and that as men but they all know they can't meet the criteria to get through the tests.
    What good are you if you are in the field and have to carry a 20kg rugsack and a 15-20kg gun for days but pass out because your physical nature keeps you from performing on the same lvl as men?
    All these equal rights shits is getting on my nerves, stay on the tasks you where born to do, I want to be like a woman and just point at a chick and she will do anything to fuck me, but I can't because it's just not how it works, nor should womans expect to be threated different in the army when they can't possibly meet the requirements required to be on the same level as men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't misunderstand this as an Anti-American bashing kind of thing... It's just an Analysation of a situation with the US Forces...

They are somewhat slow at times with things totally normal for others....

Don't ask, don't tell act.... One example....

Or, just like women now, it was up until WW2 where african american soldiers weren't allowed in active combat.
    That I've learned not too long ago, actually during a documentary on the Military Channel.
    The decision to let them finally fight was made during the glorious D-Day invasion in France.
    Truth of the matter was, that after a few days advancing, the German forces re-organized and the invasion troops took loss after loss, and immense amounts of casualties. The mission was on the brink to fail totally. The morals of the troops were kept high with false radio propaganda about non existent advancements, and hiding the casualty counts from the forces.
    At that point the high command made the decision to let the african americans actually fight too.. All they were able to do was building bridges and the like. Supply units if you want to call them. And THAT changed things around again.

Now we have a similar situation again, with women unable to fight.
    Are men stronger? Generally they are. Simple anatomy dictates so... But females have an advantage over men too. Which can play a key role in combat as well.
    Females are more resilient to pain. It's also proven that females are capable to stand a lot more pain than men.
    Pregnancy and birth for example causing pain in a female, which is said an average man could not handle, probably not even survive.
    We humans develop attributes.. Us men are more developed on a physical level, whereas females are more developed on a mental level.
    It may actually be the case, that when a front line crumbles and the troops flee, it's the females who'd run last.

So careful with the high horse there my male friend... You may fall down and hurt yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Please don't misunderstand this as an Anti-American bashing kind of thing... It's just an Analysation of a situation with the US Forces...

They are somewhat slow at times with things totally normal for others....

Don't ask, don't tell act.... One example....

Or, just like women now, it was up until WW2 where african american soldiers weren't allowed in active combat.
    That I've learned not too long ago, actually during a documentary on the Military Channel.
    The decision to let them finally fight was made during the glorious D-Day invasion in France.
    Truth of the matter was, that after a few days advancing, the German forces re-organized and the invasion troops took loss after loss, and immense amounts of casualties. The mission was on the brink to fail totally. The morals of the troops were kept high with false radio propaganda about non existent advancements, and hiding the casualty counts from the forces.
    At that point the high command made the decision to let the african americans actually fight too.. All they were able to do was building bridges and the like. Supply units if you want to call them. And THAT changed things around again.

Now we have a similar situation again, with women unable to fight.
    Are men stronger? Generally they are. Simple anatomy dictates so... But females have an advantage over men too. Which can play a key role in combat as well.
    Females are more resilient to pain. It's also proven that females are capable to stand a lot more pain than men.
    Pregnancy and birth for example causing pain in a female, which is said an average man could not handle, probably not even survive.

We humans develop attributes.. Us men are more developed on a physical level, whereas females are more developed on a mental level.
    It may actually be the case, that when a front line crumbles and the troops flee, it's the females who'd run last.

So careful with the high horse there my male friend... You may fall down and hurt yourself
    How the hell can you prove that? Its like saying a woman could never take a kick to the balls and keep upright.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My stance is.

If a woman wants to die for her country she can go ahead, it saves me from having to do it.

Dying for my Country that is, not making sure she dies.

It's about time. Most women want want preference, not equality. Tell them their entire lives they can do anything a man can do, then bar them from Selective Service. All the benefits. None of the drawbacks. Well, soon, every man can rejoice as their chances of being drafted get halved. Very important with all these warmongers sitting in the Presidency.

Hmm, I generally do like the British sense of humor. Maybe it's a "you had to be there" kind of moment :P
    Yeah it's quite common and pole opposite of American humour that we take the piss out of ourselves and take the piss out of others. It's particularly common in the military.

But yeah, there's a lot of times that are laugh or cry I suppose.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    My stance is.

If a woman wants to die for her country she can go ahead, it saves me from having to do it.

Dying for my Country that is, not making sure she dies.
    That's not the issue.

The issue is, in order to do that she would have to serve men unless they made female only units.

The issue comes with the fact that women simple aren't as strong as men by default. The strength levels are different for men and I'd imagine they are set at what the military deems necessary for a combat soldier to meet and adhere to so he can function properly as a soldier.

I dunno about you, but if I was bleeding out, I wouldn't want some skinny ole gal struggling to pull me to cover just so some politician can say he's giving women more rights in the military. Fuck that. Either raise the requirements for women to exactly the same as men's or don't let them serve combat roles at all.

Deleted
    While i have not served, so unsure in the military, but RICH is completely right with british humour here Liara. We Brits will mock someone if they are injured (in a way if there is no mocking you know you are in trouble).

On Topic:
    I would have to agree with RICH the physical requirements should be equal for both males and females, because when it comes down to it the female will be insufficiently trained compared to the males she works with. From what i was seeing females get 3 minutes longer to cover 3 miles, but its all well and good saying that up to the point when they need to march somewhere, the men would have to slow down to stay with the female since i'd imagine it is bad form to leave her alone, which if they are tight on time causes more difficulties down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    While it's true that it's said that females are more resistant to pain, your information is off. Saying that men couldn't survive the pain of pregnancy is nonsense.

The level of pain associated with kidney stones is often rated as bad or even HIGHER than childbirth by female patients I see in the ER, and this is something males experience as well.

I won't argue that physically (completely ignoring psychological and other factors) females are supposedly built to withstand pain better, but I have seen little evidence of it being anywhere near as drastic as you claim in practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Deleted
    Why are men made to cut their hair really short but women arent?

as long as genders must be segregated in some areas, it is cheaper for one gender only in military - think this is a huge reason (besides less powerful by nature) that women have been excluded from military for long time?