Fraps + WoW Video's + Music

Hey All,

Just had a quick question with making some WoW videos with fraps and any software like windows movie maker or any other software.

I know youtube strips the music since its copywrited but I see / hear many videos with music going and such. What are they doing to get around this?

Thanks in advance

You can upload a video to YouTube with copyright music but if the copyright's owner see a your video with their material in it for which they didn't give permission, they have the legal right to order YouTube to remove it.
    But if you try to monetize a movie to earn money YouTube are really picky and want you to prove that you own the rights to the music etc.

Most music people use is... Like Indie I believe? Made by some random guy and they asked him for permission(also promotes his work!).

But if you try to put like, Lady Gaga(lol, just example) on your video, it will be taken off. On the other hand, if you have a license to play this kind of music(Such as Radio License for Live Streamers, most don't have it, but take the risk of copyright infringement)

Cool thanks ill just stick to no music then

You can put copyrighted music in videos as long as you do not monetize, and do not claim ownership of the music. Here is an example of one of my videos doing so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5fg-GwLH0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    You can put copyrighted music in videos as long as you do not monetize, and do not claim ownership of the music. Here is an example of one of my videos doing so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5fg-GwLH0
    Your video is banned in Germany for copyright infringement

@op if you want your videos to survive, don't use copyrighted music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post

@op if you want your videos to survive, don't use copyrighted music.
    Banned in Denmark too.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    To be fair EVERYTHING is blocked in Germany for copyright infringement. :P

Love you too, GEMA!

Pro Tip: you can try pitch-shifting or time-stretching the song in order to fool YouTube's detection algorithm. Simply changing the sampling rate (playing it slower/faster) won't work (the algorithm is actually pretty robust), but you can use Adobe Audition for example to transpose the song one or two semitones up/down.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."