High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Can I stream with this setup?

Hello mmo-champion!

So recently I decided to upgrade my computer and internet connection, from running on a windows xp labtop to running on a pre-built newegg device (yes I know building would be cheap/better but I don't have the time/patience to learn) and a better connection. So with the following specs and internet connection will I be able to stream games such as D3 & WoW at at least 720p and high res?

Computer: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227437 (yes I know I need a psu upgrade xD )

Internet (via speedtest.net) http://www.speedtest.net/result/2338384158.png

10+ Year Old Account
    720p i think you need more then 4.98Mb/s upload speed dont quote me on that, nevermind checked you need atleast 3mb/s so you might be ok.

check out twitchtv support
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-11-28 at 11:17 PM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for your input,

Internet speed is fine. Youtube sends 1080p video at 4.5mbps so your 4.9mbps is more than enough for 720p video. But the computer itself is too slow to stream 25man raids at 720p quality unless you push graphics settings to minimum from the game. Realtime video compression requires lot more CPU power than any gaming, and WoW itself requires whole lot more CPU power than most games.

Trying to do playable 720p streaming will require FX-8000 series AMD or i5 series Intel processor to have any realistic chances.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking more of arena's and 10 mans, and i'll be upgrading the psu and cpu within the next couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by -KeenaM- View Post
    I'm thinking more of arena's and 10 mans, and i'll be upgrading the psu and cpu within the next couple of months
    It's just all about the bitrate of "the video" what you're streaming. A higher bitrate (kbps) would simply mean a larger file which requires a faster uploadspeed.