Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    I got it guys, I have my normal taoren. First ranged drop after 15kills+14tokens.

    Such a bad situation for us. Feel happy to finally be able to compete and sad that it makes such a difference. Scaling dmg from weapon doesn't work for hunters, hope Blizzard wakes up.

  2. #182
    Checking in:

    11 weeks
    Rolls: 48 49 50 51 and 52
    0 guns

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Just to add my voice to the whining masses...

    I transferred server this week, and to my great joy this meant I could hand in the elder charm quest twice (once on my first server, once on my new server).

    So this meant 6 coins to spend on Lei Shi, as well as getting normal loot from her twice since I ran Terrace once before I transferred.

    And.... 8x gold.

    I am now a victim of the the hunters curse.

    Also doing terrace LFR 7 times in one week (had to leave one on a Lei Shi wipe coz normal raid was forming) nearly killed me.
    Checking back, I double coined the next day and got Taoren from the second run (LFR).

    First piece of loot Lei Shi has given me in 12 runs and 10 coins but I am happy.

    The curse is lifted.

  4. #184
    Earlier in this topic I wrote that paladnis/DKs/warriors are in a worse situation than we are. More ppl for 2h axe/mace/sword. But I have to cancel these words ;P Our main tank who almost never plays in fury has two 496 weapons from Toes. Secon prot warrior also. Not to mention DKs and retardins. And their offspecs ;] Even lock have one axe for trasnmo for his demon (or whatever). And where is the justice?

    Of course I am happy with my heroic bow, but gun it's still better...

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Earlier in this topic I wrote that paladnis/DKs/warriors are in a worse situation than we are. More ppl for 2h axe/mace/sword. But I have to cancel these words ;P Our main tank who almost never plays in fury has two 496 weapons from Toes. Secon prot warrior also. Not to mention DKs and retardins. And their offspecs ;] Even lock have one axe for trasnmo for his demon (or whatever). And where is the justice?

    Of course I am happy with my heroic bow, but gun it's still better...
    Their weapons have a higher frequency to drop, so it evens out I guess. Ranged weapons seem pretty scarce though if you ask me.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  6. #186
    i'm still rocking the normal bow off WotE which I got from a coin.. still never seen a weapon drop normally. I missed a couple weeks of raiding, now everyone has the frikin heroic gun with 500 agi and a socket and I went from ranking top 20 to top 200 sigh.. I still have the 500 gem sitting all lonely in my bank.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:56 AM ----------

    I hate 10 mans

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Their weapons have a higher frequency to drop, so it evens out I guess. Ranged weapons seem pretty scarce though if you ask me.
    Are you sure?
    Normal MSV bow - 15% drop rate -> http://www.wowhead.com/item=86142
    Normal MSV 2h sword - 17% drop rate -> http://www.wowhead.com/item=86140

    Normal gun - 10% http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/62983-lei-shi (wowhead dont have data)
    Normal 2h axe - 14% http://www.wowhead.com/item=86386

    Look quite similar.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Are you sure?
    Normal MSV bow - 15% drop rate -> http://www.wowhead.com/item=86142
    Normal MSV 2h sword - 17% drop rate -> http://www.wowhead.com/item=86140

    Normal gun - 10% http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/62983-lei-shi (wowhead dont have data)
    Normal 2h axe - 14% http://www.wowhead.com/item=86386

    Look quite similar.

    Then I have no clue! RNG is a bitch.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  9. #189
    question here:but if i never loot that gun ,but complete every other steps like the 6k valors we need,during next patches i see there will be stronger weapons without sha touched,so is absolutely necessary to drop that gun cause in the future it will transform into a omega-imba-op weapong,or maybe the only need for that gun is to place the 500 agi gem inside it,and after sell it to vendors?

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    question here:but if i never loot that gun ,but complete every other steps like the 6k valors we need,during next patches i see there will be stronger weapons without sha touched,so is absolutely necessary to drop that gun cause in the future it will transform into a omega-imba-op weapong,or maybe the only need for that gun is to place the 500 agi gem inside it,and after sell it to vendors?
    Blues say this weapon and gem will be obsolete before the end of the expansion, so it isn't something we absolutely need to have.

  11. #191
    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:30 PM ----------

    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    I got it guys, I have my normal taoren. First ranged drop after 15kills+14tokens.

    Such a bad situation for us. Feel happy to finally be able to compete and sad that it makes such a difference. Scaling dmg from weapon doesn't work for hunters, hope Blizzard wakes up.

    Grats!

    Are you saying that weapons don't scale well enough for hunters or weighting weapon dmg so heavily is bad for scaling (i.e. bad weapon hurts dmg too much)??

    If it's the latter, Warriors say "Hi!" and then show you what weapon scaling REALLY means...
    Last edited by azurrei; 2013-02-01 at 08:31 PM.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:30 PM ----------

    [/COLOR]


    Grats!

    Are you saying that weapons don't scale well enough for hunters or weighting weapon dmg so heavily is bad for scaling (i.e. bad weapon hurts dmg too much)??

    If it's the latter, Warriors say "Hi!" and then show you what weapon scaling REALLY means...
    I don't know much about warriors, but do they really gain more from a Sha-weapon then hunters do?

    The 500 stat gem is kind of awful for warriors and hunters love their agi, and we get even more with the prismatic socket.

    I have the 476 bow and I simmed my DPS increase if I were to get a fully pimped out normal gun and I'd gain like 8k dps or something ridiculous.

  13. #193
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Herein lies the problem...
    you have a 14ish % chance to get a drop off a boss, now you divide that by 4 because of the belt, gun, shoulder, and trinket on Lei Shi = 3.5% chance to get the gun. The vast majority of hunters will never see this weapon just because of the mathmatics of it. Putting that into context of almost 3 months of legendary questing and you have a completely idiotic game design by Bliz.

    I have mentioned it several times to GC on his twitter and the response is as above... "the legendary weapons wont last very long past 5.2"

    Really?
    Thats your rational for having your player base jump through dozens of hoops and spend months doing a quest with no reward? That the item they have quested for but never got will be replaced in a couple months???
    The stupidity of this is astounding... I even suggested a very easy fix, to tie a weapon to the quest to kill the Chapter 2 boss right before you get the prismatic slot... no response.
    Having four items drop off one boss is pretty silly, yes. But the truth is if you token every LFR Lei Shi, you have a (1 - (.86^2)) *.25 = .0651 chance to get an item. Only 3% better, but yeah. That's because you have 2 14% chances (normal roll, token roll) to get an item, and the chance you don't get an item at all is 0.86^2. It's actually a bit higher because there's a chance you win 2 items, and then a 25% chance on each of those to win the gun, but it's too late at night to do that math.

  14. #194
    Warriors ,especially arms, scales the most with weapon than any1 else.Check every single ability and you ll see that its based on weapon damage.I am not saying that hunters arent but compared to warriors they are miles away.

  15. #195
    Still waiting on my normal/heroic Lei Shi gun....

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pbeep/advanced


    EDIT: Another H Lei Shi kill, 3 cloth chests.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-02-04 at 02:59 PM.

  16. #196
    Subscribing to the thread, 8x normal kills + 8x tokens = Gold. What the hell Blizzard?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sebinox/simple
    It makes me sad we are dependant on this weapon more than other classes are :/

  17. #197
    Just looked at my profile, and I have 21 LFR Lei Shi kills. Been doing it every week + charm, and some extra runs with just a charm.

    Today I got my fourth (!) trinket (see http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Tolgrim/feed ), I also have gotten the other two pieces dropped by Lei Shi twice each - no weapon, of course.

    I know some raiders will say "well, it's just LFR, get over it..." and it's true to some extent. It just sucks that I'm quite far with the legendary quests and can't use any of the rewards...

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    Just looked at my profile, and I have 21 LFR Lei Shi kills. Been doing it every week + charm, and some extra runs with just a charm.

    Today I got my fourth (!) trinket (see http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Tolgrim/feed ), I also have gotten the other two pieces dropped by Lei Shi twice each - no weapon, of course.

    I know some raiders will say "well, it's just LFR, get over it..." and it's true to some extent. It just sucks that I'm quite far with the legendary quests and can't use any of the rewards...
    Nah, no one would tell you to get over it. RNG is RNG and even if it is LFR that is some pretty bad RNG.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    Just looked at my profile, and I have 21 LFR Lei Shi kills. Been doing it every week + charm, and some extra runs with just a charm.

    Today I got my fourth (!) trinket (see http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Tolgrim/feed ), I also have gotten the other two pieces dropped by Lei Shi twice each - no weapon, of course.

    I know some raiders will say "well, it's just LFR, get over it..." and it's true to some extent. It just sucks that I'm quite far with the legendary quests and can't use any of the rewards...
    Yeah bad luck is bad, but the thing is, it is normal. there is the lucky guy that gets his item the first time, but there is also the unlucky gut that doesnt get it for a while, that's just applied statistics :-/
    I really got no clue how droppchances are calculated in LFR, but i'll just pick a random number for illustration that being unlucky isn't that unusual:
    if you have a 5% droppchance for exactly that item you want, and you farm that boss every week, after 20 runs there will still be 1 out of 3 guys that hasn't been lucky yet. and being in the unluckier 33% isn't that uncomon, someone has to be :-(

  20. #200
    I think LFR drop chances are calculated as:

    Boss kill = 15% chance at loot
    Coin = 25% chance at loot

    Correct me if I'm wrong but those are the numbers I've been operating off.
    My Paladin's Armory
    My Hunter's Armory
    These links are now broken. Ask Blizzard why.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •