Thread: Hit chance

10+ Year Old Account

Hit chance

Hi there, I know the melee hit is 7.5% for special attacks and I should cap that but should I also work towards capping my melee hits too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    Hi there, I know the melee hit is 7.5% for special attacks and I should cap that but should I also work towards capping my melee hits too?
    Don't think so no, at least at this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I seem to run out of rage and wait for CD's etc a lot. I go BB > DR > CS> BT (procs etc) but if nothing procs I go straight to heroic strike, rinse and repeat but this seems to happen a lot, like my things proccing is very rare and i'm usually just using BT and Heroic strike a lot of the time. Is that how it's suppose to go?

Deleted
    Any excess stats should be reforged into Crit if you're already past the caps for Hit and Expertise special attacks (7.5%)

In response to your other question, are you making sure to utilise CD's that will help proc your RB's such as Berserker Rage? Your priority for attacks should be as follows:

No Bloodsurge proc and you are enraged:
    BT > CS > Raging Blow > BT

No Bloodsurge and you are not enraged:
    BT > CS > Wild Strike > BT

Bloodsurge proc and you are not enraged:
    BT > Wild Strike* > Wild Strike* > Wild Strike* > BT

Bloodsurge proc and you are enraged:
    BT > Raging Blow > Wild Strike* > Wild Strike* > Wild Strike* > BT

It might also be useful to macro Heroic Strike to Deadly Calm so you can have the cheaper HS and pool more rage for bursting during CS debuffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicterion View Post
    Any excess stats should be reforged into Crit if you're already past the caps for Hit and Expertise special attacks (7.5%)

In response to your other question, are you making sure to utilise CD's that will help proc your RB's such as Berserker Rage? Your priority for attacks should be as follows:

No Bloodsurge proc and you are enraged:
    BT > CS > Raging Blow > BT

No Bloodsurge and you are not enraged:
    BT > CS > Wild Strike > BT

Bloodsurge proc and you are not enraged:
    BT > Wild Strike* > Wild Strike* > Wild Strike* > BT

Bloodsurge proc and you are enraged:
    BT > Raging Blow > Wild Strike* > Wild Strike* > Wild Strike* > BT

It might also be useful to macro Heroic Strike to Deadly Calm so you can have the cheaper HS and pool more rage for bursting during CS debuffs
    I use BR to use RB as much as I can, practically as soon as it's off CD. Yet I seem to never be above 80+ rage to dump rage on heroic strike. I'm always around 40-60 and no other abilities are up so I use heroic strike until BT is off CD

I use BR to use RB as much as I can, practically as soon as it's off CD. Yet I seem to never be above 80+ rage to dump rage on heroic strike. I'm always around 40-60 and no other abilities are up so I use heroic strike until BT is off CD
    What stance are you playing at? I have always crapton of rage with battle stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorbitance View Post
    What stance are you playing at? I have always crapton of rage with battle stance.
    Battle Stance... :P

Hit/Exp 7.5%>Crit>Str>Mastery>Hit over 7.5%>Haste

Basically, if you can reforge to crit, do it, if not, mastery then hit.

EDIT: Talking fury here. Arms is 7.5% since it doesn't suffer the DW penalty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicterion View Post
    I have deadly calm macro'd to BB. That you always get your cheaper HSs and it lines up with CS. Less micro management. All you need to do is remember to hit BB on CD.

Sounds like you're suffering from what every fury warrior suffers from, low crit chance. Without crits, you don't proc RB, which forces you to use expensive fillers that do not hit as hard and are good for spending a lot of rage, while waiting for your next BT. There is only so much that you do about this. My biggest advice would be to refrain from using heroic strike, unless you are confident that you will run dry because of it.

The way the fury rotation works, barring bloodsurge procs, you can fit two filler moves between every BT. Wild strike, whirlwind (use only if with the raging wind buff), and execute all cost 30 rage. That means you will lose 60 rage on average between each BT and that can be very draining. Try to use your berserker rage and shout on cooldown, yet sparingly, to make up for the loss of rage, and make best use of your bloodsurge procs (wild strike's cost will go down to 10 rage).

The process is something of an art to get it right but it gets easier with better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been ranking slightly better since I went hit>mastery over 7.5% and this is what I have seen Landsoul doing on his armory as well when he is Fury. I am not sure how much lower the burst/overall damage potential is, but I do know that pooling rage for CS dumps etc is a lot easier over 7.5% hit, it helps offset the Avatar nerf on Execute fights like Elegon or Bladelord and since you get more rage you can pay more attention to mechanics/ utility cooldown usage and less attention to your rage. It also lets you spam Cleave more often on a fight like Stoneguard, Garalon or Windlord. The difference between hit>mastery and mastery> hit for me on Elegon was something like 20k DPS, along with better play etc and not derping and taking Bloodbath. WoL ate the logs though. : (

Personally, until someone shows that I am losing like 2-3% DPS by going hit>mastery I am not going back. I don't trust Simcraft on this one entirely either. It just seems easier for not that much DPS loss from what I can tell, haven't simmed it yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I have deadly calm macro'd to BB. That you always get your cheaper HSs and it lines up with CS. Less micro management. All you need to do is remember to hit BB on CD.

Sounds like you're suffering from what every fury warrior suffers from, low crit chance. Without crits, you don't proc RB, which forces you to use expensive fillers that do not hit as hard and are good for spending a lot of rage, while waiting for your next BT. There is only so much that you do about this. My biggest advice would be to refrain from using heroic strike, unless you are confident that you will run dry because of it.

The way the fury rotation works, barring bloodsurge procs, you can fit two filler moves between every BT. Wild strike, whirlwind (use only if with the raging wind buff), and execute all cost 30 rage. That means you will lose 60 rage on average between each BT and that can be very draining. Try to use your berserker rage and shout on cooldown, yet sparingly, to make up for the loss of rage, and make best use of your bloodsurge procs (wild strike's cost will go down to 10 rage).

The process is something of an art to get it right but it gets easier with better gear.
    So I'm not getting enough rage due to my crit being low? I think that may be why. But I did just hit level 90 like 3 days ago so I'm slowing gearing up.

Deleted
    So I'm not getting enough rage due to my crit being low? I think that may be why. But I did just hit level 90 like 3 days ago so I'm slowing gearing up.
    In a way yes.

You're getting the rage but you end up spending it on expensive abilities. Remember, RB only costs 10 rage. So when you keep critting, you get more RBs, which helps you pool more rage. The only ability in your arsenal that costs 10 rage is WS, and that's only with a bloodsurge proc. So getting enough of both is an important part of being able to pool rage.

This is why crit is so important to fury warrior; it lets you push out more damage with less rage.

Deleted
    Fury warriors are much different one from the other. I was simming hit being better than mastery even after the cap until a couple weeks ago, now I sim mastery slightly higher. I still reforge crit>hit though, 'cause I like it better and Landsoul does it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I basically need more crit to pool rage. Also, does anyone know any good addons where I can have like a ragebar in the middle of my screen?

Deleted
    Yeah, I basically need more crit to pool rage. Also, does anyone know any good addons where I can have like a ragebar in the middle of my screen?
    I haven't used it on my warrior, but Vex Power is pretty good for just that. It also provides additional functions, like tracking RB procs, though pretty sure you can disable those parts if you want to use something like weak auras for that.

I wonder if the high hit build is any good for TG.

10+ Year Old Account
    SMF 487 ilvl in SimC 5.1-1, Armory in sig, 25,000 iterations: Hit>Mastery 89200 DPS, 201k burst (Start and CD stack), Mastery> Hit 89400 DPS, 202.5k burst
    .22% difference. Not worth going Mastery>hit for how much more annoying rage can be.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-12-01 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I haven't used it on my warrior, but Vex Power is pretty good for just that. It also provides additional functions, like tracking RB procs, though pretty sure you can disable those parts if you want to use something like weak auras for that.
    That's perfect, thanks!