Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Askmrrobot for mages

How reliable is askmrrobot.com for mages? Is it optimal to follow its reforging/gemming/ranking of gear to 100%? Frost, fire and arcane. I know using simcraft on yourself and compare every single piece of gear you can get is probably the best way, but I'm not very good with simcraft configurations etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should work fine as long as you put stat weights in. I'm not sure how well it deals with dot breakpoints which might be a problem.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

i personally rather use RAWR. There is a online rawr on EJ if you dont like to install stuff at your computer.
    google search string to find it is "RAWR online".

I just have a feeling that it is more accurate, since initially rawr was programmed by a mage. But as i didnt test askmrrobot i have nothign t0o back this up.

Deleted
    I prefer Rawr, but you can't use it really. It still hasn't been updated to 5.1, still at 5.0.4, and pretty much no class-module is complete/working fully yet. I am, cautiously, using MrRobot atm. I built a BIS gear in Rawr at one point, compared it with the BIS gear listed in various guides e.g. Icy Veins and the one MrRobot computed and they are mostly the same so I'm follow MrRobot's recommendations for now.
    Not completely though, e.g. it lists the Protectors Elite dagger higher than the Tsu'Long sword with a Sha gem + the 5.1 prismatic slot, don't really trust that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rawr works fine for frost and thats what I use it for but I wouldn't use it for arcane. No idea how well it works with fire.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

I tried askmrrobot and it told me the same as reforgelite. So for my purposes this is just fine.

Deleted
    It works well as long as you put in the right stats weight and configure it at little. (Relative and not absolute, do you have access to heroic T14, thats sort of thing)

It is configured to works with Mastery focused arcane build, if you are haste, just swap the values (2.49 for mast and 2.2 for haste if I remember correctly, just swap em if you choose haste)

Deleted
    reforge is reforge, it will not make you go from 50k dps to 60k dps.... from 50 to 51 perhaps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Rawr works fine for frost and thats what I use it for but I wouldn't use it for arcane. No idea how well it works with fire.
    It seems to want me to gem/reforge into a mixture of both haste and mastery. Not sure I agree with that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishrage View Post
    It seems to want me to gem/reforge into a mixture of both haste and mastery. Not sure I agree with that...
    For what spec?

Gemming in rawr isn't that great but its pretty easy to override it.
    Armory

Deleted
    For what spec?

Gemming in rawr isn't that great but its pretty easy to override it.
    Arcane spec. On some items it's reforged out of mastery and into haste, and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane spec. On some items it's reforged out of mastery and into haste, and vice versa.
    I don't even know if arcane is maintained.

The problem with arcane is there's a mastery and a haste build and then there's things like wether you try to get to certain haste breakpoints or not.

Stick with askmrrobot and custom stat weights unless you really want to use rawr.
    Armory

Deleted
    I don't even know if arcane is maintained.

The problem with arcane is there's a mastery and a haste build and then there's things like wether you try to get to certain haste breakpoints or not.

Stick with askmrrobot and custom stat weights unless you really want to use rawr.
    Yeah, I normally use AMR. Never heard of RAWR before this post, so wanted to check it out.

RAWR isn't being maintained anymore. It isn't as reliable as it used to be. Askmrrobot is a little better atm if you know how to use it.

Deleted
    I think that could be explained by it trying to hit (but not go above) a certain haste treshold, while maximising mastery. if you are 20 haste from the treshold, reforging 120 mastery to haste and then 100 haste to mastery gives you 20 extra haste in exchange for 20 mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I think that could be explained by it trying to hit (but not go above) a certain haste treshold, while maximising mastery. if you are 20 haste from the treshold, reforging 120 mastery to haste and then 100 haste to mastery gives you 20 extra haste in exchange for 20 mastery.
    Makes sense, thanks for the info.

Deleted
    atm mr robot works fine for arcane

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforgelite personally works better for me for reforging, but Senor Robot is very good in determining upgrades as well as gems and enchants.

what is everyone's thoughts on ask mr robot's recommendation not to cap hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Preamo View Post
    what is everyone's thoughts on ask mr robot's recommendation not to cap hit?
    I agree with it, 14.87% hit is close enough for me. 0.13% is too small of a chance to miss to be of any concern. I am not a huge fan of AMR but it gets you as close to 15% without going over. Going over 15% is wasted stats and more of a dps loss than that 0.13% chance to miss.