15+ Year Old Account

Anti-pvp /cast macro

Greetings,

I'm from a PvE realm, and looking for a way to cast a damaging ability that needs to hit mobs only (not players) to avoid becoming pvp-flagged accidentally.

I hope I can do it with a macro, and if so, I finally can spam a damaging ability (before the spawn) to tap some specific mobs without having feared of some enemy players turn me pvp-flagged. They often turn their PvP on and walk in range to intercept some damage and turn me PvP-flagged aswell. I want to avoid this.

I found some interesting macros around the net but not that specific I want to use for the above. I was thinking of a "/cast [conditionals] MyTappingSpell " style macro but I couldn't found the proper conditionals to make it damage the mobs but not the players.

If that's just not possible, lets say I have a mob named "Amob" I want to spam-tag when it spawns. can I do this by avoiding to hit enemy players?

Something like "/cast [target=Amob] MySpell" -- but that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you for any help!

You could do it by simply targeting the mob instead of the player and stop button mashing whilst doing so, if you tab you will want to change the target nearest enemy keybind to target nearest enemy NPC. (or similar, not 100% sure on the name of it)

/use [@mobname] Spellname

Should work

Can't make a macro to ignore players but "/cast [@Amob] MySpell" should work. Just make sure you get your capitals and spaces all correct.

And don't make the spell anything that can hit multiple targets.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys!

Unfortunately none of these macros works.
    Tried "/cast [@Bandicoon] Charge" or "/use [@Bandicoon] Bloodthirst" for example. No success, nothing happens.

Any other tip maybe?

The [@unit] condition requires units with a valid unitID. Valid unitIDs are names of players in your group, target, focus, party, raid, pet, player, boss and their targets (i.e. focustarget, targettarget, targettargettarget).

This macro should work.
    Code:
    /target Bandicoon
    /use [exists] Charge

try this

/targetexact Bandicoon
    /use Charge

I'm not sure if you can use the [@] targetting with NPC's but /targetexact will only target something that matches the exact name you type after it. If you want it to be more general, use the /target mobName instead.

Edit: and Sakpoth beat me to it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.