Question about Pet Battles

Hi there, so here's the deal
    I remember reading way back that during pet battles you can't be attacked by the opposite faction(PVP realm ofc), and yet I can't seem to grab a single pet in Karasrang on behalf of me being ganked and killed during said battles.

Is this intended or is it a bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Source: Some asian dude.
    Deathcauser- 90 Warlock, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Irbored- 85 Warrior, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Stormraper- 83 Shaman, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Deathknight- 81 Death Knight, Alliance, Tarren Mill

10+ Year Old Account
    You can be attacked. Nothing stops it. But what happens is you're removed from the battle and then, when your personal fight is over (say you win), you re-enter with the exact comp and rarity you had before.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You can be attacked. Nothing stops it. But what happens is you're removed from the battle and then, when your personal fight is over (say you win), you re-enter with the exact comp and rarity you had before.
    1) You have to manually re-enter the pet battle. 2) It is possible to kill the critter before re-entering the pet battle. 3) Mobs can aggro to you and pull you out of a pet battle, it just is harder for them to do so (had a 70 Outland mob pull my 85 mage out of a pet battle just yesterday).

1) Kill everything around you
    2) PvP will happen, so maybe since pets are account wide just level pets on PvE server to avoid the bored gankers
    3) Enter combat
    4) ???
    5) Power up the Exodar and return home as champions!

Hang on... got a bit mixxed up, but you get the idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    1) You have to manually re-enter the pet battle. 2) It is possible to kill the critter before re-entering the pet battle. 3) Mobs can aggro to you and pull you out of a pet battle, it just is harder for them to do so (had a 70 Outland mob pull my 85 mage out of a pet battle just yesterday).
    I'm not sure what you mean by #2 and #3. I never said that they couldn't pull you out, just that nothing stops something that enters combat with you from removing you from a pet battle, however that combat is started.