Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well you can read some arguments from people like Aristotle in the wikipeadia link if you want Like a good comparison is a river, if you walk through a river, and then later in time walk through it again, have you walked through the same river? After all the water that you walked through is no longer there, its replaced with every tide, but you would still refer to it as the same river.

Also while you could argue that its changed physically (despite looking the same and having the exact same characteristics) how we percieve it has not changed. If you did not know that every plank has been replaced, you perceive it as the exact same ship you may have voyaged on several years ago. The same as if you know you've changed every plank, but don't think about it, you still perceive it as the same ship.

Also imo your argument is based on the difference between the original and the same, it may not actually be the original, but I'd still go with the same.
    Except that the river is the general area the water is flowing through, not the actual water.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    DOES NOT!
    *looks at chart again*
    Yes it does, zone with 50C, then in the middle of that it's suddenly -16C

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw Treann if it says that you can't reach server it's a bug. Click it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    *looks at chart again*
    Yes it does, zone with 50C, then in the middle of that it's suddenly -16C
    Really? That sounds silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Assuming the shirt comes with the model :P
    I so get it nao! huehuehuehue
    u haz da dumbs
    so is your face!

chuklit.. has none.

Really? That sounds silly.
    I see a blue spot and the scale says blue is cold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    so is your face!

chuklit.. has none.
    chuklit wut dus it mean?

Deleted
    I see a blue spot and the scale says blue is cold.
    Blue? You sure you don't mean purple?

10+ Year Old Account
    But summer in the US = winter in the upsiderland and the other way around, no?
    If that's true, then that means when they flush the toilet the water spins the opposite way of when we do it. It's like witchcraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    44 = 111 in America-land temperature.
    I know. Not sure what you are getting at here.

Blue? You sure you don't mean purple?
    Nope, purple doesn't exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    How? You died, you were destroyed in every way and sense possible. But when I materialize you you will still be exactly the same as you were before.(physically). But is it really you? That's a pretty good paradox to me. I can even wait 1 million years before rematerializing you, so you really get the feeling how it is to not exist at all. This is not a threat btw :P

@theshippart: No it doesn't alter it, but it's not the same ship. You can rebuild the same ship with the same planks you replaced. Does that mean there are now 2 of the same 1 ship?
    No, I'm so not dead, because I'm teleported. It is really me! But then again.. We have seen people with false memories. Like they totally weren't the same person, but just thought they were because they had false memories.

Omg... You invented cloning!

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    After changing every last part, is it still the same vehicle (seeing how you gradually altered it slightly every other week)? If you use all the parts you saved to build a new vehicle, do you now have two of the same vehicle?
    No, because you have built a second ship, it has been built from the parts of another ship, but its a new ship as it were. Planks of wood are planks of wood, its when they are combined in such a way and then given a purpose that it becomes a ship. Once that ship has a name then that name represents that ship. If the same man is the one that built and replaced the planks on his ship, but a different man took the planks to build the second ship, how can it be the ship that the first man built? If the same man were to replace parts, and then build a second ship from the old parts, then he's an idiot for not just building a completely new ship second time around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sver View Post
    +29 fun topics
    Fun topics are evil!

Except that the river is the general area the water is flowing through, not the actual water.
    So why is a ship planks of wood?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    If that's true, then that means when they flush the toilet the water spins the opposite way of when we do it. It's like witchcraft!
    Not true!

Deleted
    chuklit wut dus it mean?
    like you know... brown stuff that comes from a cow. and trees.

PERCEPTION!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    No, I'm so not dead, because I'm teleported. It is really me! But then again.. We have seen people with false memories. Like they totally weren't the same person, but just thought they were because they had false memories.

Omg... You invented cloning!
    If that is the case. I wonder where you are during those 1 million years being dematerialized

And yes, I do invent amazing things on a regular basis. I was also an atheist, then I realized I was God.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    No, because you have built a second ship, it has been built from the parts of another ship, but its a new ship as it were. Planks of wood are planks of wood, its when they are combined in such a way and then given a purpose that it becomes a ship. Once that ship has a name then that name represents that ship. If the same man is the one that built and replaced the planks on his ship, but a different man took the planks to build the second ship, how can it be the ship that the first man built? If the same man were to replace parts, and then build a second ship from the old parts, then he's an idiot for not just building a completely new ship second time around
    I get you, man.