10+ Year Old Account

I never red the Eragon books.

I red other ones :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Little Mix are on their third or fourth release now. Not doing as well as some who have came before them, but it's not bad.

And yeah he lost out to Joe McEldry.
    Oh, I didn't know. I love Wings though.

And ah. Now I remember. I think he's somewhat vanished too. I remember him coming out with an album full of old song covers, and haven't heard much about him since. He apparently participates in Brighton Pride every year though with Alexandra Burke. Celebrity guests or something . I remember reading about it last year.

IKR T_T

Currently re-reading the books though. On Brisingr atm.
    \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    And Avatar... I wanted a second and the third movie. Not the blue ones, but The Last Airbender.
    I did too. Even if it was a copy of the TV series with a little bit of bad acting in the mix, I still wanted to see the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Can't blame you there...my mom used to listen to Clay Aiken's Christmas CD endlessly but I never really cared for them. I can agree with you that otherwise most winners of any talent show seem to fall off the face of the planet after they win and aren't really successful (or even good). I wonder what possesses people to watch the shows and vote for who they vote for during the seasons.
    It's entertainment, at the end of the day. People will back those who they like. And line Simon Cowell's already full wallet.

Deleted
    Have you read the books? They gutted it of everything that made it a good book, the same with Eragon.

Both had fantastic casts, but utter tripe for screenplay.
    They actually had all of that in the movie as far as I've understood, but had to cut it out or redo it because of complaints from the Catholic Church. That's why they aren't making a second and third movie. Officially it's because of economy, but the movie did well all over the world except in the US.

From Wikipedia:
    By October 2008, the two planned sequels were officially placed on hold, according to New Line Cinema, because of financial concerns during the global recession. Sam Elliot, however, stated, "The Catholic Church ... lambasted them, and I think it scared New Line off."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I did too. Even if it was a copy of the TV series with a little bit of bad acting in the mix, I still wanted to see the other two.
    Totally. The acting was horrible And for some reason Fire Nationers resembled Indians.

Totally. The acting was horrible And for some reason Fire Nationers resembled Indians.
    I think it was their attempt at adding diversity, instead of everyone being east Asian.

10+ Year Old Account
    They actually had all of that in the movie as far as I've understood, but had to cut it out or redo it because of complaints from the Catholic Church. That's why they aren't making a second and third movie. Officially it's because of economy, but the movie did well all over the world except in the US.
    It really didn't. It was pretty much panned here.

Lambasted by the Catholic Church? I didn't know that, but then again, so was Harry Potter.

And it had virtually everything cut. Interactions with Ajihad and Nasuada completely gone, Dwarves? Virtually nothing. Saphira growing up? Let's fly through a cloud and she's there....

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:52 PM ----------

Heh I didn't mention Avatar: The Legend of Aang since I was just concentrating on book series, but it should also be included. Brilliant source material. Shite movie. Just who thought it was a good idea to give M Night Shylaman the reins anyway?

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    I think it was their attempt at adding diversity, instead of everyone being east Asian.
    All the water benders were white. It would make sense if people from the Earth Kingdom were Asian. But Indians? I don't get it.

I like how fire benders needed fire instead of making it themselves as on the show. That made them more equal to the other bender types.

IAnd it had virtually everything cut. Interactions with Ajihad and Nasuada completely gone, Dwarves? Virtually nothing. Saphira growing up? Let's fly through a cloud and she's there....
    And the ending. Just letting Arya leave. Way to not allow any form of a sequel and leave the entire story at an abrupt end.

10+ Year Old Account

I actually have the Eragon book series, it's amazing. I was warned off the movie because I heard it was so bad that I have no intentions of ever watching it.

All the water benders were white. It would make sense if people from the Earth Kingdom were Asian. But Indians? I don't get it.

I like how fire benders needed fire instead of making it themselves as on the show. That made them more equal to the other bender types.
    I think that sense of equality with requiring a source of fire was the only thing that I somewhat liked too. Otherwise.. bleh.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I actually have the Eragon book series, it's amazing. I was warned off the movie because I heard it was so bad that I have no intentions of ever watching it.
    Do not watch it. It's a complete waste of time. I even went to the cinema to watch that crap. :/

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:57 PM ----------

Deleted

Deleted
    It really didn't. It was pretty much panned here.

Lambasted by the Catholic Church? I didn't know that, but then again, so was Harry Potter.

And it had virtually everything cut. Interactions with Ajihad and Nasuada completely gone, Dwarves? Virtually nothing. Saphira growing up? Let's fly through a cloud and she's there....
    But Harry Potter has a larger fan base, so the prospect of money conquered the fear of the church Plus the Harry Potter movies cut out almost as much as The Golden Compass did. Like wow.
    Heh I didn't mention Avatar: The Legend of Aang since I was just concentrating on book series, but it should also be included. Brilliant source material. Shite movie. Just who thought it was a good idea to give M Night Shylaman the reins anyway?
    M Night Shyamalan... That's probably why they used Indians.
    And the ending. Just letting Arya leave. Way to not allow any form of a sequel and leave the entire story at an abrupt end.
    Arya?

Arya?
    I haven't read the books in ages. Ehm. The female elf princess ranger woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that sense of equality with requiring a source of fire was the only thing that I somewhat liked too. Otherwise.. bleh.

Do not watch it. It's a complete waste of time. I even went to the cinema to watch that crap. :/
    Thirding these sentiments. I've seen it twice. Once on DVD with my family. Once because my BF insisted on watching it despite my warnings. He was horrified.

It really did make an interesting difference having firebenders need fire already existing to be able to bend.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 05:02 PM ----------

But Harry Potter has a larger fan base, so the prospect of money conquered the fear of the church Plus the Harry Potter movies cut out almost as much as The Golden Compass did. Like wow.
    With you on that tbf. They're not the best of movies.

Still curious as to what the Catholic church objected to though.
    Last edited by Dyra; 2012-12-04 at 05:02 PM.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so happy. Was just outside. There are clouds in the distance, it's still boiling hot and the sky above me is clear but the entire sky lit up all of a sudden. STORMS A COMING!
    YAY \o/

I read the reasoning on IMDB. Let me find that comment for you..

Deleted
    I haven't read the books in ages. Ehm. The female elf princess ranger woman.
    The Witch Queen?
    With you on that tbf. They're not the best of movies.

They were very much against the portals to other worlds thing, the idea that the human soul was bound to an animal, especially ones called daemons. Funnily (is that a word?), that's in the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ana you should see how my "outside" looks like atm.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a photo wass