+ 19
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Enyah View Post
    Deca, hmm, imagine playing guitar hero on easy trying to hit 100% notes. That's how Vanilla was, where as it was mostly piss easy, one mistake and you're fucked.

Where as now a days, it's perhaps like playing on hard, but you just have to pass the song. Which is "harder" but can be done sloppier. I dno, I feel like my example died a bit on the end, but that's the best I could explain it.
    um no, go try some heroic fights with low gear then come talk to me about things being easier than vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    um no, go try some heroic fights with low gear then come talk to me about things being easier than vanilla.
    Well, that's why I said "Idno, I feel like my example died a bit on the end, but thats the best I could explain it."
    I can't really comment about that hardmode thing tho, I stopped playing a while back, and IIRC we were 7/16 hardmodes, trying to progress on the first boss in HoF.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 21

The raid mechanics were a lot easier back then, but at the still time more devastating if done wrong.

For example, Baron Geddon. Easy fucking boss by todays standard, but now you have to control 9 people as a raid leader instead of 39.

For example, most used blizzards raid group default ui back then (mind, there were no tracking debuffs, unless you had add0ns for it, which not everyone had, the game was new back then) and if 1 person playing on his 12" screen didn't see that tiny debuff on his computer in time, he would blow up half the raid, causing a wipe.

Back then the game was so much different, if you didn't play it you can't really comprehend how it was. It's SO easy now a days just looking up the tactics for a boss, check a video or something. Ask on a forum what you're doing wrong etc. You couldn't do that back then, simply because there WERE no forums or videos on youtube.

Basically, no one had any UI of any sort. Only half the raid had add0ns (not talking DMB here, that came later, but stuff like omen & atlas loot and titan bar was everyones favorite) People played on "15 inc screens on a lot lower resolution, shit was hard to see, there were 40 people instead of 10, 1 mistake could kill an entire raid, if some dude DCd you could wipe, due to bad luck.
    Perfectly written!

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Yeah, but the actual mechanics were NOT harder, so it was easier.
    Clearly you just aren't getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Boss fights were easier, yes, but the organisation stage was much harder. There was a lack of addons, there was much larger raids, and there were different mechanics like Paladin blessings lasting 5 minutes (and you had to buff 40 people!). Can't be bothered going into depth, but comparing it to now, in some aspects, it was easier. But in others, it was most definitely not.
    Don't even try. Dec and Asmek just aren't going to get it I guess :/

I need this!

http://imgur.com/gallery/L6p0XyC

I also need some chocolate. Lots of delicious chocolate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    And I mean cmon, you seriously needed 8 FULLY naxx geared tanks on 4 horsemen, do you know how much of a bitch that was?

Deleted
    + 19

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittypaws View Post
    Wow this has to be the best explanation! Omgz Enyah, you outdid yourself!

See, this is how intelligent you are when you're sober. Now go impress some gurlz x)

Piece of cake
    And thank you, Meys!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I was smart when sober

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Clearly you just aren't getting it.

Don't even try. Dec and Asmek just aren't going to get it I guess :/
    Well, presenting no arguments beyond arguing that tedious is synonymous with hard isn't exactly convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    + 20.

Nerds.

And I mean cmon, you seriously needed 8 FULLY naxx geared tanks on 4 horsemen, do you know how much of a bitch that was?
    thats a logistical feat not the fight being hard, but 4 horsemen in nax was a hard fight.

Deleted
    Well, presenting no arguments beyond arguing that tedious is synonymous with hard isn't exactly convincing.
    It's easier being good at the game now a days. Which is why bosses has to be harder.

So yeah, sure. The bosses are harder today, but the game was harder back then, which indirectly makes the bosses hard back then as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easier being good at the game now a days. Which is why bosses has to be harder.

So yeah, sure. The bosses are harder today, but the game was harder back then, which indirectly makes the bosses hard back then as well.
    How can that be true? The guy in the video quite literally spammed Flash of Light and Holy Light throughout the raid. Weren't there still rotations back then as well?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Which gets us back to the having to manage 40 people, lower resolutions, shorter buffs, resistance things and endless farming before you even could attempt some bosses.

+ 21

Deleted
    + 20

10+ Year Old Account
    How can that be true? The guy in the video quite literally spammed Flash of Light and Holy Light throughout the raid. Weren't there still rotations back then as well?
    There were. Not really for healers, but there were. Back in the day, however, you could down rank your spells to be much more mana efficient, and not to mention the lack of other spells in your arsenal. This is also during the Burning Crusade patch as there are tree druids in the raid. End of expansion has always, ALWAYS been unbalanced in regard to MP/5 and spell efficiency.

I'm all for sensible discussion but if you're going to drag it down to weird ways like this, I'm moving on from this topic.

I'll bite anyway;

Firstly there is no cookie cutter definition of neither of those in WoW.

One might find grinding all the needs for a raid to be fun, while the other guy can curse to the day he started to play the game. Same thing with the encounters, I'll give an example from Dragon Soul: Ultraxion, has only one mechanic. You press a button and you survive to die later. The only mechanic and sometimes 8+ players failed to press the button on time. Easiest boss for me, not for others apparently. (This swings the other way too, I always thought Beth'Tilac in Firelands was a really hard boss on heroic, but everyone except me were having a really easy time with her.)

Secondly the arguments laid out were all necessary and sufficient for the point they were trying to make. You thinking they're not doesn't really change it. It's points that people that (unlike you) actually played the game at both said times.

Well.. this was fun.

+ 21.

Nighty night. :3