10+ Year Old Account
    +44

I'm with Ely on this. If I was to have put lots of work and time into progressing a character only to lose everything even if you make a tiny mistake that snowballed into your death, I'd be pretty devastated.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Makes it more exiting though. I was like omgomgomgomg fire dont stand in it on the butcher earlier :P I'll probably ragequit once I die, though.

I die on normal.
    I'd do abysmal on HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I'm with Ely on this. If I was to have put lots of work and time into progressing a character only to lose everything even if you make a tiny mistake that snowballed into your death, I'd be pretty devastated.
    That right there is pushing me to play HC to be brutally honest

You play a lot more carefully and close fights actually raise your adrenaline levels quite a lot. Adrenaline followed by goosebumps and happy feels if you survive!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gravemind View Post
    Makes it more exiting though. I was like omgomgomgomg fire dont stand in it on the butcher earlier :P I'll probably ragequit once I die, though.
    I thought I'd do that too. But I died in A4 and didn't even care. Doesn't matter, past that point now already with a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittypaws View Post

You play a lot more carefully and close fights actually raise your adrenaline levels quite a lot. Adrenaline followed by goosebumps and happy feels if you survive!
    Maybe on higher difficulties. Monk has this Sweeping Winds, which is a 20 second buff that does aoe damage to close mobs. It refreshes when you do melee dmg, so I just kept on rushing everywhere. Good thing I'm using the passive that gives health when you use spirit, I would've died 30 times already if I was playing on SC without that passive XD

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 02:15 PM ----------

+ 45

See, HC is not that bad when you take precautions.

Mine was to never ever ever ever stop using my shield on my Barb

10+ Year Old Account

Again, I'm like Ely. I would die repeatedly on Normal, never mind any level of hardcore. :3 Plus I get quite attached to what I perceive as mine. So any loot that drops is mine, I earned it, it belongs to me, it is my own and there is no other that could replace it sort of thing. At low levels were I wouldn't have much I could handle losing it all, but before long attachments form and I would have anything from a major sad to a full blown tantrum depending on when the inevitable happens.

Plus tbh I get enough of that on WoW since I'm on a PvP server on the opposite side of the dominant faction. I get enough grief playing carefully so that if a PvP situation does develop any PvE element I'm fighting as well won't snowball on me. I'd be more interested in exploring the entirety of the dungeon map at my own leisurely pace rather than figuring out how I'm going to get past the next trash pack.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. And for me, the idea of HC does not appeal to me in the slightest.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meys pretty much summarizes my thoughts on HC. And I dont think that he hates me for convincing him to give it a shot

Meys and I have had A LOT of fun. The girly screams in skype just have to be experienced
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

See, HC is not that bad when you take precautions.

Mine was to never ever ever ever stop using my shield on my Barb
    Still running DW for now :P If nothing else works, double range rend and keep running kills everything

10+ Year Old Account
    +44

I guess playing with friends might help with the loss. :3 Depends on how stupid the deaths were to laugh about it.

hunty, I have some items you might like. At school now though, should be home in an hour.

+ 45

kitteh, that's why you play with friends and not alone. If you're together you can help eachother out with items. If Wass wouldn't have given me this weapon I would do roughly half the damage I'm doing now for example ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Im home around 17 btw. I got some good stuff for hunty aswell.

I am at lvl 51 btw. Holz is at 49.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Lvl 20 now :P Just remembered that if you just spend a few gold on a socketed wep + decent gem you get a wep that does more than double a normal one's dmg, so that kinda helps.

Deleted
    +46 boredom.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 44

Oh Felir hai! WB! :3 Settled at your new place now?

damn... I don't know how to solve this without basically rewriting the whole program...

Code:
    if(input.getText().contains("+"))
    		{
    		    firstNum = Float.parseFloat(input.getText().substring(0,input.getText().indexOf("+")));
    		    secNum = Float.parseFloat(input.getText().substring(input.getText().indexOf("+")+1,input.getText().length()));
    		    resultNum=firstNum+secNum;
    		    input.setText(""+resultNum);
    		}
    So I have this for a simple calculator.
    firstNum takes the string before the +-/* and parses it to a float. secNum for after the +-/*.
    This means it only works when there are 2 numbers and 1 symbol in the inputfield. Putting in more than that won't give any output because it throws an exception.
    Anyone a clue how I can fix this without rewriting half of the code? I figured adding in a thirdNum etc wouldn't be so nice and could cause more problems than it fixes.

Deleted
    + 44

Oh Felir hai! WB! :3 Settled at your new place now?
    Yoyo Dyra!
    Sure am, haven't got internet yet though. Waiting for my pay day and then I can sign up to something with Virgin Media (hopefully) how's about you? How are you doing/what you been up to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Im home around 17 btw. I got some good stuff for hunty aswell.

I am at lvl 51 btw. Holz is at 49.
    I'm not sure if I'll be able to play much today.