10+ Year Old Account
    I'm jealous of you guys. xD

My parents are PISSED that my brother is staying at the house for (likely) a year or two and he's...22 or 23.

Goodnight again, Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Oh, that sounds really nice. In America, there's this HUGE pressure to contribute to society BEFORE you're even of age to contribute to society, and that you are a disappointment to humanity if you don't have a well paying job pretty much the day you graduate from Uni, and of course, you work while going to Uni (well, not everyone, but it's the stereotype, and it's a slightly true one). I don't know if it's just Utah, but people are REALLY arrogant here, I literally here people exclaim to themselves non-sarcastically "I'm awesome" occasionally.
    There's no possible way for you to contribute to Society with the age of 18, it's just impossible, atleast not in a significant way. Sure, in your community you can, the small village, or wtv, you can contribute by working but nothing big and I think people shouldn't be pressured to have a job without wanting one, atleast not at a young age such as 18.

As for getting a job as soon as you get off Uni, I don't know how it is in the US but the current situation in Portugal, it's almost impossible/unlikely that you will get a job right away, atleast in the field you studied, because there's lack of jobs, low money to make more jobs, etc.

This is just an example but there are a lot of nurses/doctors that are working in caffes, pubs, etc, because they can't find a place as a doctor/nurse, as you can see, it's pretty stupid for a doctor/nurse to be working in such a place, I mean, it's just weird and it's pure non sense in my head.

As for have a job while at Uni. I don't know tbh but if you can afford and have time to have a job, yes, have one!! It's very important, it gives you money, contacts(it's possible), experience with strangers and what not, but I think it shouldn't be forced, like I said, you either want or don't and if you are forced that is even worse.

About the people being arrogant, yeah, well, it should be expected I guess... But I don't know anyone, from friends, would do that to someone else, like, "I'm better than you because I have a job", atleast not to a random stranger, that's just fucking rude and we weren't taught to behave like that, it's just rude and there's no purpose in doing that, to anyone.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Why does that suck. Less sleep means more time for good things. Like being there for the release XD

Going to sleep now though, night all
    Hehe, but then you are tired and can't do the things you want, properly.
    I'm jealous of you guys. xD

My parents are PISSED that my brother is staying at the house for (likely) a year or two and he's...22 or 23.

Goodnight again, Snow.
    Lol, my brother makes 26 next year, in June, and he's still in the house and I wouldn't admire myself if he kept being till his 30 or more.

Though my mom said something very good/big will happen to him when he's 27. Hehe, her and her Tarot.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Rofl, they didn't? Well, I'm not surprised, my mom doesn't want me to leave either. xD
    My mom's a huge emotional fluffball when it comes to me and my brother, I don't see neither of us moving out before we're married. My brother is already working full time, he earns enough money to easily move out and create his own life, AND have me stay with him.

We proposed this thought of ours to our parents, but it was shelved in 5 seconds by our mother

Though, I'm almost moved out already, I live with my Grandmother in her rental flat right next to my parents' flat.

Who's snow?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    My mom's a huge emotional fluffball when it comes to me and my brother, I don't see neither of us moving out before we're married. My brother is already working full time, he earns enough money to easily move out and create his own life, AND have me stay with him.

We proposed this thought of ours to our parents, but it was shelved in 5 seconds by our mother

Though, I'm almost moved out already, I live with my Grandmother in her rental flat right next to my parents' flat.
    Hehe, my mom is kinda like that too. Too emotional to be able to handle the "departure". xD

If your brother can sustain himself AND you, omg, if I were you, I would totally take the offer or force him to take you with him. xD

Haha, would loved to see your mom's reaction when you two proposed that.

That's already better than nothing!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Who's snow?
    It's Asme.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no possible way for you to contribute to Society with the age of 18, it's just impossible, atleast not in a significant way. Sure, in your community you can, the small village, or wtv, you can contribute by working but nothing big and I think people shouldn't be pressured to have a job without wanting one, atleast not at a young age such as 18.

As for getting a job as soon as you get off Uni, I don't know how it is in the US but the current situation in Portugal, it's almost impossible/unlikely that you will get a job right away, atleast in the field you studied, because there's lack of jobs, low money to make more jobs, etc.

This is just an example but there are a lot of nurses/doctors that are working in caffes, pubs, etc, because they can't find a place as a doctor/nurse, as you can see, it's pretty stupid for a doctor/nurse to be working in such a place, I mean, it's just weird and it's pure non sense in my head.

As for have a job while at Uni. I don't know tbh but if you can afford and have time to have a job, yes, have one!! It's very important, it gives you money, contacts(it's possible), experience with strangers and what not, but I think it shouldn't be forced, like I said, you either want or don't and if you are forced that is even worse.

About the people being arrogant, yeah, well, it should be expected I guess... But I don't know anyone, from friends, would do that to someone else, like, "I'm better than you because I have a job", atleast not to a random stranger, that's just fucking rude and we weren't taught to behave like that, it's just rude and there's no purpose in doing that, to anyone.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 02:44 AM ----------

Hehe, but then you are tired and can't do the things you want, properly.

Lol, my brother makes 26 next year, in June, and he's still in the house and I wouldn't admire myself if he kept being till his 30 or more.

Though my mom said something very good/big will happen to him when he's 27. Hehe, her and her Tarot.
    That actually doesn't sound too bad. Sounds like in your country, people care about themselves and others being happy rather than moving out and contributing to society as much as possible.

Again though, I live in Utah, which seems to always be an outlier in the country, whether it be for ratio of children to population, Mormonism, or arrogance.

We're not "forced" per say, but we are very encouraged, and likely won't receive outside help unless we get homeless, and if you get homeless, it's unlikely you'll ever be able to get back on your feet.

I think I'd rather like Portugal, I'm tired of every conversation and every lesson in school being about finding jobs and how what we're learning will help us in our jobs.

Ha, Tarot cars. xD Would be nice if they actually worked.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 07:52 PM ----------

Who's snow?
    I've explained this before. >.>

Ha, your parents sound pretty cool, really close connection and all that, my parents, while we're not on bad terms, and talk about politics and stuff like that, aren't actually all that close.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, they just added player collision to the csgo zombie servers.

Most.
    Annoying.
    Thing.
    Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Ugh, they just added player collision to the csgo zombie servers.

Most.
    Annoying.
    Thing.
    Ever.
    That sounds awful.

Something.

Deleted
    It's not like we don't want to contribute to society, you know, it's more like trying to be happy and finding your "way", if that makes sense.

Yeah, I've heard Utah seems to be the bottom of the pit on US. :c

Eh, if you get homeless here on Portugal, don't expect to be able to get back on your feet, atleast if you don't have any help, but even so, it depends on the help. But I think this applies to a lot of countries, if not almost all countries.

Hm, you do? For some reason, I kinda would prefer to live in the US, no really sure which location I would prefer but I don't know, I wouldn't mind as long as I still have the "knowledge" I have today.

We too have lessons about jobs, well, not exactly jobs, it's more about what you want to do in High School, and then what you want to do with your future, meaning what you want to do in Uni.

Also, Tarot cards do actually work. Not joking! They aren't just to figure out the future, you can learn a lot of a person's past with the cards, and it's not an easy thing to learn, trust me, and there's several ways. There's hand reading and a lot of stuff, I really don't know but my mom is into that stuff, that's why I call her a witch, it's so funny, hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    California and New Jersey are the very worst places in the US. We just need to quarantine those states.

That sounds awful.
    I don't even want to play anymore because of that. It gets really bad when you have 50 people playing on a server and about 35 of them are mentally retarded. You try to do something and you have a bunch of morons blocking your path.

You also get a bunch of idiots following you into a small room and some of them get pushed to the window where it's possible for zombies to stab them, turning them into zombies that will then stab the person next to them until everyone barricaded in the room is a zombie.

Maybe i missed it then DEca! eeshh!

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 10:02 PM ----------

You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's how I saw it as well, I didn't mean to imply that your country was unconcerned with contributing.

Hm, I wish more was done to help the homeless, or at least the ones that can actually be cleaned up easily, and found a job.

Well, I messed up in school, so my life will likely be lesser than most peoples when I'm older, and it would be nice to be given some sort of a second chance, or at least helped out a little.

Eh, we have things like that too, but almost all teachers try to tie their lessons into nothing but getting a job and being successful in life, and I personally don't think finding a job should be the only thing that education is used for.

I'm too skeptical to believe Tarot cards or anything else like that works. I'm not sure I'd want someone reading my hands, they'd probably say I'm going to die in a fire because my hands are always burned.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 10:02 PM ----------

I'm not sure what's happening. 0.o

Treann, Snow is Asme.

If it's that bad, I bet they'll change it back, Fling.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's that bad, I bet they'll change it back, Fling.
    You'd think so, but I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon.

Deleted
    Oh no, I didn't thought you meant that, I know what you meant.

I agree, but I don't see that happening. I mean, there's already associations/organizations doing that but it's clearly not enough, it needs to be the government taking the initiative.

Eh, I kinda messed up in school too, but I don't give a flying duck, why? Because all I am interested is in having a good life, happy, with no concerns and to be able to experience a lot of things. Not sure if that's possible but I'm still young and everything is still pretty, almost, opened to me, I think/hope.

If teachers do that, no wonder the American education sucks, you're wasting time! You're supposed to teach science and all that stuff, not keep saying," YOU GOTA FIND A JOB YOU TWAT", etc.

Hehe, that part is understandable, but, I think, everyone that has consulted my mom started believing, atleast in the Tarot thing, you can't really know until you try it tbh. Also, that hands thing, no, Tarot and hand reading, etc, isn't about finding out when you die, people usually do this out of curiosity or because they are going through a hard moment in their life, and they need "guidance", help, or just something to cheer them up, something to give them hope, hence the readings.

lol double posts by lag.

Deleted
    lol double posts by lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, I didn't thought you meant that, I know what you meant.

I agree, but I don't see that happening. I mean, there's already associations/organizations doing that but it's clearly not enough, it needs to be the government taking the initiative.

Eh, I kinda messed up in school too, but I don't give a flying duck, why? Because all I am interested is in having a good life, happy, with no concerns and to be able to experience a lot of things. Not sure if that's possible but I'm still young and everything is still pretty, almost, opened to me, I think/hope.

If teachers do that, no wonder the American education sucks, you're wasting time! You're supposed to teach science and all that stuff, not keep saying," YOU GOTA FIND A JOB YOU TWAT", etc.

Hehe, that part is understandable, but, I think, everyone that has consulted my mom started believing, atleast in the Tarot thing, you can't really know until you try it tbh. Also, that hands thing, no, Tarot and hand reading, etc, isn't about finding out when you die, people usually do this out of curiosity or because they are going through a hard moment in their life, and they need "guidance", help, or just something to cheer them up, something to give them hope, hence the readings.
    Good, I didn't want to sound like a douchebag.

I agree, it makes me sad that people are living on the streets, some of which are normal people who just had a few bad strokes of luck or are bad with money and might be a genius in other fields and no one does anything to help them.

That's a good attitude, but if you've ever met me, you'd know that I worry about EVERYTHING and I continue to worry about the littlest things (i.e. my laugh was a little funny sounding at the orchestra party 3 years go), it'll probably give me an ulcer, but whatever, I've learned to get it to work in my favor when it comes to work and tests.

Our education sucks because we don't put enough money into it and our teacher to student ratio is fucking terrible (or at least that's how I see it). I have a class with 76 (used to be 74 I believe) students and one teacher, we can't even stay in the room, we have to move to the auditorium.

I don't know, I'd just feel silly doing things like that, and I'm way too skeptical to ever believe anything without MASSIVE amounts of hard scientific evidence. Not that I don't respect those that believe in it though, as long as they don't base their entire lives around that stuff and don't try to tell me that I'm a terrible person for not believing or something like that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 08:26 PM ----------

You'd think so, but I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon.
    I dunno, it can't be good for business to have games designed and patched terribly.

Something.

Thoughts on Borderlands 1&2 as single player games?