Deleted
    + 15

Emperor's New Groove = Mulan = Lion King = Monsters Inc. > Everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    You usually get stuff stuck in your head?
    I don't get it.
    Oh. That doesn't make much sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    But the mode is the value that appears most (biggest group), lowest common denominator is lowest value by which a certain number can be divided (dumbest people (I'm allowed to say that, right?)).
    Or is this just a classic "lets use same terms for different things" thing?
    Exactly how I understood it. "Pop appeals to the stupidest people".
    We really need to operationalise terms (a standard method/explanation for all).

+ 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Eh... the math definition of the term doesn't really work in this case
    Actually it does. The number that can divide the most numbers is a metaphor to the thing that appeals to most number of people ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    But the mode is the value that appears most (biggest group), lowest common denominator is lowest value by which a certain number can be divided (dumbest people (I'm allowed to say that, right?)).
    Or is this just a classic "lets use same terms for different things" thing?
    It's just a term that got used for it. Or at least, has been in my experience. Maybe I'm just weird in using it that way. It's not a perfect use according to the math definition, as Arlee said. But you get the idea.

Plus, it seems to be more commonly known/understood than if you were to say mode. Maybe because it has less definitions already and isn't used in normal speech as another definition. (Mode has another definition, is what I mean to say.) Plus it just sounds better, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Exactly how I understood it. "Pop appeals to the stupidest people".
    We really need to operationalise terms (a standard method/explanation for all).
    Ah. That makes your replay make more sense to me. lol. I was confused as to why you thought I meant offense by that :<

Also, while we're at it we should switch to an "Earth Basic" language and just make everyone speak English like in all the typical SciFis.
    Last edited by Zerioc; 2013-02-25 at 08:08 PM.

Deleted
    I don't get it.
    Oh. That doesn't make much sense though.
    I know, it was a bad one.

Shouldn't commercial stations play the good songs to attract a bigger audience? I know that good is an opinion, but if even fans say it's not good there's something wrong.
    Sure, but mindless pop is what gets people to sing along, share with their friends, etc. That's why the 'never ever' song sky-rocketed in popularity, it's easy to remember and gets stuck in your head.
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    While we're at it we should switch to an "Earth Basic" language and just make everyone speak English like in all the typical SciFis.
    There are pro's and con's to that. First and foremost is of course that everyone can understand everyone. But having different languages is also a good thing, different cultures and stuff.
    Having everyone in the world learn English would be good and it also happens in a lot of countries already, but it should not go at the cost of the local languages.

10+ Year Old Account
    +16

math is poo

+17
    :O Another Canadian friend! Hi!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purifier View Post
    :O Another Canadian friend! Hi!
    You're supposed to be sad at new people.

+ 15

15+ Year Old Account
    There are pro's and con's to that. First and foremost is of course that everyone can understand everyone. But having different languages is also a good thing, different cultures and stuff.
    Having everyone in the world learn English would be good and it also happens in a lot of countries already, but it should not go at the cost of the local languages.
    Oh I'm not saying they shouldn't also keep their regional dialects as well, but we should really get a universal language going. Would help a lot, I think.

Also. Why do I bother arguing with people on Reddit? http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...th_new/c8leo9z

This^
    The English language may not be the best, however it seems to be the most widespread. Personally I think everyone should learn it, but it does not mean they have to adopt it.

Then again I think most people should learn about 3 languages minimum.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

+ 15
    I thought we were supposed to scare them away?

+!6

I am normally but Canadian friends aren't trying to kill me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    I thought we were supposed to scare them away?
    What!? No! Threads are to be easy to jump in a talk in. None of this clique shit will exist here!

Sorry. I'll stop ragging on that one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Purifier View Post
    I am normally but Canadian friends aren't trying to kill me
    That you're aware of.

Unrelated, but stop locking your door at night. I'm being told it's making things difficult.

I am overly critical of certain individuals, but it doesn't mean that I won't follow/listen to them/appreciate what they do make.
    I often refer to Minaj as unoriginal and unattractive, but it doesn't mean that I'll suddenly start disliking her music.
    I'm just an ass.

+ 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand the benefits of having more than just one language?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    This^
    The English language may not be the best, however it seems to be the most widespread. Personally I think everyone should learn it, but it does not mean they have to adopt it.

Then again I think most people should learn about 3 languages minimum.
    Isn't Spanish or Chinese even the most spoken language? But English is used everywhere already and while there may be other more spoken languages, it doesn't reflect in standard international communications. That's why at this point English is probably the best choice.

+ 17

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I still don't understand the benefits of having more than just one language?
    Having an own distinct identity is a big thing.

Deleted
    I am overly critical of certain individuals, but it doesn't mean that I won't follow/listen to them/appreciate what they do make.
    I often refer to Minaj as unoriginal and unattractive, but it doesn't mean that I'll suddenly start disliking her music.
    I'm just an ass.
    [00:45:59] HunnyBunny: Yay. A lack of judgement is refreshing.