Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have never once been put in a a raid at the same point (IE 2/3, or 3/4 in DS/Terrace) that I had been put in previously, and I've run LFR every week since it was released in DS, many weeks on multiple toons.

I feel like people saying that that happens are 1) either making shit up, or 2) conflating the 1 time its happened into anecdotal evidence of it "happens all the time."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Whenever I get shunted into a group with 2/3 or however many I just kind of afk until its over or i get kicked.
    This is the kind of idiot we have to deal with from time to time.

Blizzard is giving us conflicting ideologies about LFR.

If we're supposed to be running LFR to "play an MMO" and engage with other people, then why when I stay in an LFR to kill a boss I don't need, or join one that is in progress that has bosses down that I do need, do I not even get to see what my efforts have helped others win? The loot has been individualized, and if Blizzard thinks people are running LFR for the Valor, I think they are missing the point. 2/3 LFRs are not an efficient way of earning valor, if it was, they wouldn't have needed to make this change in the first place. I've had some final LFR bosses take 2+ hours, and some that have even broken apart after 2 hours.

The real solution to this problem, is to either let people loot LFR bosses unlimited times per week (which won't happen) or use the satchel reward system to give to players who join in progress LFR groups and stay until the end. The new trend now is for people to just go Offline if they get into a group they don't want, and step away from the game for 10 minutes waiting to be kicked.

Honestly, I do the same thing. There are bosses that have no loot for me, and I'm not spending my valuable gaming hours (the few that I have during the week) killing a boss to help other random people get loot. I've had enough "28g...28g...28g..." rewards since hitting 90 that my LFR kills are extremely focused as to not waste my time. I would stick around to help clear a run I don't need to finish, or join an in-progress run if there was something in it for me besides 28g, or worse, 1-2 hours of wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    wish they'd grow a pair and fix this by simply saying "you get one LFR lockout per week, if you leave a run you can't get back in to do another" and then ONLY have fresh runs.
    So, you kill the first boss and a bunch of people who only needed loot from the first leave. No problem, you can 21 man the second boss, but after him another bunch of people leave. Then you're 16 manning the last boss with perhaps 2 healers and one tank because the last boss might not drop much tank or healing loot.

That would work great...

It's very annoying to have to queue twice for every version of LFR. There's essentially 5 LFR's right now. And on both my 90's that are geared to queue for them I am having to queue twice. That's 10 times per toon to finish these 3 raids. I haven't seen a queue pop up with 0/whatever for like a month in any of these. I go on different nights and as either tank or dps.

At least when you could see how many bosses were down already you could immediately cancel and requeue, only costing you the queue time (usually 20-30 minutes for me). But now you get deserter debuff so it's 30 minutes + queue time. At that point I usually just feel like logging out and calling it a night.

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    you could immediately cancel and requeue
    Which fucks over the people in the raid who are waiting for their group to fill. Either way someone loses. Before this change I actually had a raid where we killed Wind Lord/Amber-Shaper, and then listened to the sound of people declining a queue for 35 minutes before we could do empress. I'll gladly take the chance of having to queue twice over that bullshit. At least I can do other things while sitting in a queue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    These people were too stupid to realize that they're going to spend more time in the queue waiting and dodging multiple queues trying get the fresh run than it would take to enter the raid, help kill the final boss, and then only have to queue one time, never need to dodge, and be almost guaranteed to start with a fresh raid. You'd only be queueing twice tops instead of four to five times or more.
    This, I never understood the 'reasoning' going on there

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I don't know why Blizzard go with lazy ass solutions like this sometimes to a much bigger problem. Many people just don't get that you can requeue and do the bosses you didn't kill yet for loot after.

There is a quest in Valley of the Four Winds where you go in the Stormstout Brewery, and it's an on-going event and you join at the stage it is, and you complete the 3 bosses in a different order than other people depending when they joined.

Was that very complicated to implement in LFR? People could get a queue, but people would have the option to continue to the first boss and not have to requeue.

So you kill boss #3, get a prompt to ask you if you want to start over, if you say yes, it fills spots with all the people who left just like it does right now if people leave group, and you all respawn in a new instance.

That would fix the problem completely..
    I do like that idea a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Well I get their idea but their execution aint exactly working lol. It's still obvious if you are gonna join a fresh run or not. How? Getting an instant que for the most part. You will know if you are getting a fresh run if the que is still looking for other spec (unless you are the 25th person they've found), but all in all its just more paying attention to.
    Not really, you can get non-fresh run even after hour in queue.

Good think that there is addon out there which shows killed bosses. Personally I don't use it, I use API found on one suspected site to show me that info.

Whoever changed it can go elsewhere. As a tank, I am not looking towards 2.5+ hours to complete 1 LFR. They can try to invalidate that API, but in the end they will just piss off more people.

Here's looking at you, tank retard, who said "HEALERS GO IN TO THE LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE" on Sha of Fear. Blizzard now has a business plan for shit-for-brains like you, and everyone else suffers!

People need to cry harder about their free loot.

wish they'd grow a pair and fix this by simply saying "you get one LFR lockout per week, if you leave a run you can't get back in to do another" and then ONLY have fresh runs. there would be no partial runs and if someone leaves for whatever reason, time to go to your /2 and recruit because the system isn't gonna find you another

do this and the problem is fixed, people aren't gonna be bitching anymore than they already are and it's done
    LFR is also aimed towards people who don't have the time to do organized runs. Even if the target player base wants to do just one boss a day, they should be able to. Besides, if there were lockouts and some person does leave, what do the other 24 do? They may not get a replacement because whoever is queuing at the time would get his one fresh weekly lockout popping up instead of something that's already in progress.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Here's looking at you, tank retard, who said "HEALERS GO IN TO THE LIGHT IN THE MIDDLE" on Sha of Fear. Blizzard now has a business plan for shit-for-brains like you, and everyone else suffers!
    If they fell for it, it's kinda their own fault. There's even an in-game Dungeon Journal now which gives you all the information you need about the encounters. Too bad people can't take 2 minutes to read things anymore.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-12-01 at 04:31 AM.
    Ashr

wish they'd grow a pair and fix this by simply saying "you get one LFR lockout per week, if you leave a run you can't get back in to do another" and then ONLY have fresh runs. there would be no partial runs and if someone leaves for whatever reason, time to go to your /2 and recruit because the system isn't gonna find you another
    You'd never find a replacement for a run already in progress. If more than five people quit, you might as well just give up, because you're not going to get anywhere that week.

Just imagine how much fun people would have signing up for LFR on their alts, then leaving just to annoy people. Oh, the rage! The drama! Hehe. On second thought, I kind of like your idea.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    That was a very small percent. It is quite rare to get a non-fresh run after you've killed the end boss. There's a chance, sure, but it's a pretty small chance. The real problem was people already in the raid leaving, and people who were queued dodging the queue whether or not it was their first run of the week and hadn't killed any bosses yet.
    So, you queue up and get an in progress raid the first time. You finish it out, but then you have to go do something. The next day, you queue up again for the same raid, wanting to finish the bosses you didn't get to the first time. I'm not entirely sure that the system will still put you into a fresh run after a day of waiting.

These people were too stupid to realize that they're going to spend more time in the queue waiting and dodging multiple queues trying get the fresh run than it would take to enter the raid, help kill the final boss, and then only have to queue one time, never need to dodge, and be almost guaranteed to start with a fresh raid. You'd only be queueing twice tops instead of four to five times or more.
    Or maybe they have things they'd rather be doing, like running old dungeons, doing dailies, or anything else that they could be spending their time on more productively? I don't like carrying people, and I abjectly refuse to do so unless there's something in it for me. VP is not enough to entice me to carry people who stand in spray until they die and then scream at the healers that we didn't heal them, while blowing no CDs and generally being idiots. Nope, sorry, not going to do it. I'll drop the queue and go do something else.

People aren't bailing on the queue now, so you're not getting moved up 5-10 spots on one pop like you were before. That said, since there's less reason to bail on an in-progress raid (since you can't cherrypick the queue you get now), more people are staying with their fresh runs which means more fresh pops and less in-progress pops.
    Yeah, they are. I did HoF and Terrace today on my Monk. We'd get someone in the raid, they'd see it was an in-progress queue, and drop. This happened multiple times. Many of the people were just AFKing along. It rather sucked.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    This especially screws over tanks. I wait 20+ minutes in a queue, only to get an in progress and then have to wait another 20 minutes just to finish the other bosses. A good solution to this would be to offer a call to arms rewards package to anybody willing to accept an in progress queue. Give them a faster queue time and like 100g and a chance for a mount/pet from the bag. Instead of punishing people and forcing them to blindly accept queues that may or may not be an in progress, just reward people who are willing to accept an in progress queue.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    honestly it is just an insult to us, even if we join a group with 2/3 down(which it what most queue pops have been for me when doing lfr on my two toons) there is absolutely no guarantee that when i queue again i will get a fresh group for the bosses i need. So they just waste more peoples time because they don't want to do a boss that they literally have no reason to do, otherwise they get the deserter debuff for leaving. I really am not the kind to rag on Blizz all the time, but when they keep doing goddamn lazy bandage fixes instead of fixing a problem, it just pisses me off.

Edit: i may be wrong about the part i italicized, but i still stand by my stance of disagreeing with this change.
    Your choice here is:

1: Finish the run anyway and requeue, knowing you have priority for a fresh group.
    2: Leave the queue, wait out the debuff and rejoin at the end of a new queue.

With the bosses listed, you had the same options. You could just leave without the debuff, but you'd still need to join a new queue without the priority for the next fresh run and wait it out, and not have any certainty you'll get a fresh run.

The change is bad because it removes an illusion of control in favour of trying to make you actually do the best thing for you and your character.

You really prefer having to wait ages to get a fresh run?

EJL

The only people that have a problem with this change are people that need to look in the mirror and realized that /they/ are indeed the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    The only people that have a problem with this change are people that need to look in the mirror and realized that /they/ are indeed the problem.
    How am I the problem? Most of the time, I'm doing 40-70% of the healing in a freaking 25 man, but I'm the problem?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

You're always going to get bad players in LFR if you're not queing up with full guildies/friends. Now the decision is, do you keep dodging queues and get a fresh run that ends at 2/3 because the group fell apart? Or do you help that group out on the final boss, requeue and simply finish what you missed?

The thing is, if you don't take that 2/3 queue, eventually that group has a good chance of completely falling apart, at which point all of those bads you don't want to play with jump back into the queue, both making the queue times longer and filling up your group with the kind of stuff you're trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Maybe, i'm the kind of guy who will finish what he starts, but to do bosses twice in the current LFR-climate is too much for me, especially since the fights take so bloody long, so when i'm put into a 2/3 raid, i'll finish it, requeue and in the second raid leave at 2/3 myself, it's neither fun nor rewarding enough to do LFR-bosses twice a week (Ooh, i can get told what i could have won if i hadn't done the boss already, like a kick in the 'nads for toughing it out!), Blizz could buff the reward-bag for the final boss or something to make finishing raids more rewarding, since the current system is 100% about passing the problem on to the next guy...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    (Ooh, i can get told what i could have won if i hadn't done the boss already, like a kick in the 'nads for toughing it out!)

They changed that this week, it doesn't show the "potential" loot anymore.