Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    From watching your stream you never seem to have any gold. How did you manage an invite? Just curious, I'm sure it was from a friendly guildmate.
    Haha if I were a streamer I would keep most of my gold on alts, myself
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand this. How Warlock pets can survive and Hunter's cant seem to heal their pets unless they use Exhilaration.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    I dont understand this. How Warlock pets can survive and Hunter's cant seem to heal their pets unless they use Exhilaration.
    Eh, my voidwalker would always die pretty quickly, I would just soulburn another one out and kill the boss before he dies a second time.

Warlocks are just awesome like that.

Stuck on Battletron atm, after the HP buff his enrage is really tight. I can only get him to around 10% before the fire comes down. That's with only self buffs tho since no one was around.

Quote Originally Posted by killrdarknes View Post
    Stuck on Battletron atm, after the HP buff his enrage is really tight. I can only get him to around 10% before the fire comes down. That's with only self buffs tho since no one was around.
    Make sure you're pre-potting (I always do it about two seconds after the goblin yells my introduction) and re-potting later on in the fight. Utilizing my pots efficiently was the difference between 80k wipes and an 88k kill before the fire even started coming down.

ive gone from 1 to 7 without a single death, then after i reached the summoner guy.. im gettin my butt pushed in...

The Battletron fight is really stressful. I am Ilvl 487 and the lowest I got him was 1-2% with full buffs/flasks/feast before the fires killed me. I play as destro and what I do is prepot 2 seconds before the boss spawns and pop my 1 min cd trinket. After 1 minute I pop Doomguard since there will be exactly 1 minute left until enrage. I pop all CDs and int pot at 20% for execute and hope for the best. I know I can kill him if I get lucky crits/procs but I think I am just going to wait until I get a little more gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    Eh, my voidwalker would always die pretty quickly, I would just soulburn another one out and kill the boss before he dies a second time.

Warlocks are just awesome like that.
    I usually killed them before they killed my Voidwalker; the few occasions he did die the mob was sub 10%. But that's part of me having a ton of gear.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    The Battletron fight is really stressful. I am Ilvl 487 and the lowest I got him was 1-2% with full buffs/flasks/feast before the fires killed me. I play as destro and what I do is prepot 2 seconds before the boss spawns and pop my 1 min cd trinket. After 1 minute I pop Doomguard since there will be exactly 1 minute left until enrage. I pop all CDs and int pot at 20% for execute and hope for the best. I know I can kill him if I get lucky crits/procs but I think I am just going to wait until I get a little more gear.
    Go Affliction and I guarantee you you will kill it.

Hey guys..I'm stuck on GG engineering -_- Got them to about 8% as demo, probably going to try affliction when i next get back in there..Any tips for these 2? There giving me a headache =(

Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    Hey guys..I'm stuck on GG engineering -_- Got them to about 8% as demo, probably going to try affliction when i next get back in there..Any tips for these 2? There giving me a headache =(
    Keep running circles around the add without a bubble on them. Get them hit by as many of their own rockets as you can.

Ignore whichever of them are in the shield and make sure you're getting as many rocket barrages to hit the one not in the shield as possible (the more the better) if you can multidot, do it - but don't go out of your way to do it. Let the rocket barrages do the bulk of the damage to them.

Thanks you two. Is there a better one to pick at the start to hit? Or either one of them is fine? Which spec did you guys try for that one?

Thanks you two. Is there a better one to pick at the start to hit? Or either one of them is fine? Which spec did you guys try for that one?
    Doesn't matter which one you pick to start on - after one ports to the corner into the shield just stay on the one outside. IIRC they swap back and forth to who's ported and not, so just watch for it.

I did every fight up to R8 as Affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    From watching your stream you never seem to have any gold. How did you manage an invite? Just curious, I'm sure it was from a friendly guildmate.
    I told a friend if he gave me his invite I would get to rank 7 in 24 hours and give him his invite back.

Went as affliction. Never get hit by a rocket, let your pet tank lightning guy (important), don't be ashamed to use drain life if low on health.

Deleted
    Yesterday I was finally able to stand still and beat the heck out of Brawl'gar, had lots of audience which mean rough queue time of 30 mins.
    Standing on Rank 8, killed Milhouse & Eyeboss as an afflilock ilvl 496.

Milhouse is a matter of luck if lowgeared, you gotta have crystal spawns good, take the crystal and kill crystals you can't take so Milhouse doesn't go BOOM.
    Well anyways, save your CDs until you hit 100 stacks of the crystalbuff. Prepot, buffs, food, everything helps the dps.

Eyeboss was kind of matter of luck for me, what I noticed that the SB:SoC didn't spread on all the eyes and I had to single dot all of them.
    Keep dancing, kill boss, simple. Ofcourse KjC is a must have for nearly all of the encounters you need to move, it doesn't restrict our dps anymore anyways.

I've been several times on ~7% on Epicus and similar on Disrupton.

On Epicus you lose around 10 second of your prepot to RP introduction, makes the enrage more interesting!
    I save my Demon Soul for pot 1 min into the fight, and use Doomguard on around 40% (might be too late).

As mentioned earlier, Disruptron has 2 different phases, from 100% to 25% and from 25% to 0.
    I use Demon Soul, pot and other useful CDs on the execution phase, he needs to die fast there.

I use GoSac with felpup, interrupt is a must on Epicus. Soul leech, Coil, Dark Bargain and KjC are my choices of talents.

Brawling, one of the greatest additions to the game!

Deleted
    I managed to get to rank 8 with very little problem, battletron required full raid buffs, but was prettymuch just dependent on not making any mistakes, went down in about 2 pulls with raid buffs and the first one was me making a royal mess of my CDs etc.

Rank 8 is another matter, currently "only" (I have no idea what the average is these days) 484 ilevel, the dps timers seem too tight for me to want to invest the queue time in with my gear, I'd rather wait until I've had more than 3 damn raid drops and finish them.

Disruptron doesn't seem too bad tacticswise if you have KJC, enrage timer beat me but surviving wasn't too challenging.

Epicus was the same, zero problems surviving until the enrage hit.

Eyeboss I've only had once and he struck me by surprise (first rank 8, before I'd read anything) - makes me wish I had harvest life, might be worth tailoring your talents to him once you've got the other 3 killed and just wiping until you get him. SOC seems to interact oddly with the eyes in P1.

Everything up until rank 8 was pretty easy, affliction with standard raid spec but bargain and GOSUP instead of SL and GOSAC, voidwalker was squishy as hell on a lot of fights, but SB heals were enough to keep him up, swapped to sacrifice for some later fights like battletron and GG since my pet seemed pretty useless there. IF your pet gets eaten, SB summon and keep going, if it dies again try kiting - COE works on quite a few bosses in there and it saved my hide a few times.

i need meatball then im rank 8.

did 1-7 first day as destro. im aff offspec how did you guys down him his frenzy hurts soo much and he goes all fear immune

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 491 ilvl atm on my warlock and am on rank 8. I have beaten Millhouse and Zen'shar as destruciton and am working on Epicus Maximus as well as Disruptron. I was doing the rank 8 bosses with a warlock from vodka who managed to beat them and I am almost completely sure that I need my 4 set bonus to beat him. I get Epicus Maximus below 10% before being killed as destruction and I have gotten Disruptron to the same amount.

After trying to defeat them a few times I am just going to wait. Disruptron was buffed/fixed because when chatting with the vodka warlock he said earlier only two laser beams were going from Disruptron and he was able to stand in one spot and it trivialized things. If it wasn't for the third beam he would be down as well.

Maybe these tips can help for others.

Zen'shar - RoF immediately then just use Brimstone Immolate + Conflag + Incinerate until the eyes die which should be really fast. After that it is just dodge lasers and burn, KJC is required. I one shot it.

Millhouse - You need the first two crystals to spawn in such a way that you are able to intercept both otherwise it is near impossible. At the start if you manage to get two of them on the other side of the room then you should be able to one shot. Just save your potion, trinket, Demon Soul and Doomguard for when you reach 100 stacks and you should have a kill.

Epicus Maximus - Drag him to one corner of the room while dodge the sound bombs, once he starts channelling his laser continue attacking him but move to the opposite side of the room. When he does his Blue Crush or whatever the water attack is it won't hit you since it can be ranged. Saves you a GCD and he just stands there channelling it. Just rinse and repeat until you win. Also use a felhunter if you would rather interrupt him or sac the felhunter to make sure you interrupt.

Disruptron - Jump over the lasers, dodge the sound waves, and dps as hard as you can. :-\ If anything pop all your CDs at the start or when you jump over your first set of lasers.

*Quick Edit*

Would love to see what your dps for each rank 8 boss and if you hit enrage timer what your dps is and what the health of the boss is at.
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2012-12-02 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    I'm sorry to just bolt in, but I'd like to read some opinions from people who have seen all of the fights:
    How far do you think I'll be able to get with iLvl 464 (mostly PvP) gear?

I'm not even thinking of being able to get to 7/8...but the problem is, even bosses like Leona Earthwind seem to be really nasty with the relatively low dps.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2012-12-02 at 08:30 PM.