Free 10 day trial to MoP

My friend received 10day free trial mail, Looks like he gets the expansion for free and just have to resub if he wants to continue afterwards.

Didn't expect that so soon.

Wanted to find out if you do get a free upgrade to MoP or is that only for the trial period and you still have to buy the xpac if you want to continue and how is MoP compared to Cata?

If this is a xpac upgrade along with a free trial I might give it a go if I get the mail.

The trial includes the following, I am not sure if you need to purchase MoP xpac if you decide to carry on.

While you're back in Azeroth, you'll be able to check out the latest improvements to World of Warcraft, including:

New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde as World of Warcraft's first neutral playable race, and explore their unique starting zone: the Wandering Isle.

New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.

New Continent: Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic new zones of Pandaria designed for high-level characters.

Pet Battles: Challenge other players' companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game. Level up your companions and discover pets in the wild to round out your roster.
    MoP the raids have been better then cata, then again tier 11 wasn't too bad, however a lot of players are quiting over the dailies being a requirement to cap valor and bonus tokens once you have your heroic dungeon gear The thought of dailies is making a lot of people feel nauseated.