Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

No where Else To Turn...

Hello dear MMO-champion community I hope you all are having a fantastic evening. Well now where should I begin my topic... I know a lot of people here hate seeing these and there is even a current thread against such threads. Still I have nowhere else to turn to for once and I'm just really sick and tired. I'll start us off with a little bit about myself. I have been depressed for 8 very long years since the 6th grade in fact. So pretty much I've been a loner for almost half my life no friends or anything. The most social interactions I get are out of wow and even there I have no friends. Sad life I know but not much can be done about it.

Now onto my main problem which has been killing me for the past week. Normally I stick to myself and cause little to no problems. Now I do raid in WoW although I was never really friends with anyone in the raid group. My Guild was led by a couple and they just so happened to one day hit some rough waters. Now this is all taking place 4 months ago. The girl friend of my GM ends up comforting in me throughout her break up struggle. She really down and I know the pain of being alone so I do not wish this upon anyone. I promise to help her and see her back to her happiness. All is well and good so we get really close and I do everything to make her happy each and every day. Now for this last pass month we even get closer to one another. We finally start to text each other adding up to some 2200 texts. Last weekend we finally admit feelings for one another. I had never been happier in my life. I thought my depression was going to end and I'd never be alone again. We even made plans to meet up and what not. The universe just couldn't let me be happy for one day like always...That same day while we were talking her Ex calls her and wants her back. I really stood no chance against him because from the start that what she always wanted. I mean that why she started to talk to me in the first place. In the end I got friend zoned hard. She now back with the ex and I'm pretty much left with a dagger in the heart coughing up blood.

A week has passed from that now and my depression has never been worse. I'm just totally lost and without hope now. I even confronted her about this and pretty much was told sorry for leading you on. She said she wish she could help but not really much can be done. Alas here I am a defeated man. I'm really not sure where to go from here? Is love to much to ask for now a day? Should I just cut ties and go back to hermit mode? Any help would be gladly appreciated I'm just really torn up right now.

(Sorry If any parts don't make sense I will clarify.)

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Don't allow yourself to be friendzoned. Just cut her off and stop talking to her.
    2. Don't let women depress you. There are plenty of them out there and worrying about one is a waste of time.

Deleted
    Cut ties.

Mark her as disgusting in your mind.

Move on.

I know it sounds silly but do something about your depression, and with that I mean work out! Running, lifting, jumping, whatever!

I say tell your GM and ruin her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Hello dear MMO-champion community I hope you all are having a fantastic evening. Well now where should I begin my topic... I know a lot of people here hate seeing these and there is even a current thread against such threads. Still I have nowhere else to turn to for once and I'm just really sick and tired. I'll start us off with a little bit about myself. I have been depressed for 8 very long years since the 6th grade in fact. So pretty much I've been a loner for almost half my life no friends or anything. The most social interactions I get are out of wow and even there I have no friends. Sad life I know but not much can be done about it.

Now onto my main problem which has been killing me for the past week. Normally I stick to myself and cause little to no problems. Now I do raid in WoW although I was never really friends with anyone in the raid group. My Guild was led by a couple and they just so happened to one day hit some rough waters. Now this is all taking place 4 months ago. The girl friend of my GM ends up comforting in me throughout her break up struggle. She really down and I know the pain of being alone so I do not wish this upon anyone. I promise to help her and see her back to her happiness. All is well and good so we get really close and I do everything to make her happy each and every day. Now for this last pass month we even get closer to one another. We finally start to text each other adding up to some 2200 texts. Last weekend we finally admit feelings for one another. I had never been happier in my life. I thought my depression was going to end and I'd never be alone again. We even made plans to meet up and what not. The universe just couldn't let me be happy for one day like always...That same day while we were talking her Ex calls her and wants her back. I really stood no chance against him because from the start that what she always wanted. I mean that why she started to talk to me in the first place. In the end I got friend zoned hard. She now back with the ex and I'm pretty much left with a dagger in the heart coughing up blood.

A week has passed from that now and my depression has never been worse. I'm just totally lost and without hope now. I even confronted her about this and pretty much was told sorry for leading you on. She said she wish she could help but not really much can be done. Alas here I am a defeated man. I'm really not sure where to go from here? Is love to much to ask for now a day? Should I just cut ties and go back to hermit mode? Any help would be gladly appreciated I'm just really torn up right now.

(Sorry If any parts don't make sense I will clarify.)
    Your first mistake was relying on someone else to make you happy.

You're second mistake was trying to skeeze on someone who was in a vulnerable situation.

But I guess it was probably "the universe" not letting you be happy, and not terrible decision making on your part.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    Or well this, but then you would lower yourself to her level.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    That wouldn't ruin her life.

"Oh, yeah, honey, you know when things were rough with us? Well... I wanted to make you jealous so I was flirting with some asshole in our guild."

There might be an argument, which would lead to apologies and then to him sticking it in her for a while, and all would be forgotten.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Thank you every one so far for your Input. I really don't have a mean bone in me so I'd never ruin her life. I still do care a lot about her. That is one of problems I'm having right now. I can't get her off my mind : / Still I'm glad people responded and I'm thankful.

Deleted
    i think you already know the answer. you need a change of life if your ashamed and dislike your life alone etc then stop sitting at the pc start with geting yourself healthy go to a gym, out running so on. This will give you some confidence back after that you need to find your strengh go out there try things go to pubs etc meet people be honest if they ask and tell them your trying to change the life around and lastly stop caring so god damn much about what others think be yourself some will like you some are twatbags that will hate you.
    if you still have feelings and its to hard to handle seeing her with that guy and all its time to cut contact to help yourself heal.
    Last edited by mmoc75ff9691d6; 2012-11-04 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this happens to everyone at some point in their life, I went through an almost exact situation just a couple months ago (although it didn't involve WoW), I still am in a kind of depressed mood when I think about it, but I try to forget it and move on. No one is worth dwelling on so long that makes yourself so depressed. Now your probably gonna get a bunch of trolls on this thread, but don't take anything they say seriously please. But you should just go back to your normal routine and gradually try to meet some more women, not necessarily have "one night stands", but just go out and meet them. Cause I will tell you that if you share feelings for so few people it feels even worse and it is easier to dwell on a certain relationship. Try to be yourself but also just try bit by bit to open up more socially. If you gradually make an improvement with your social interactions, you will feel much better, and it won't overwhelm you. But truthfully you should think long and hard about who you have in your life atm, because I am pretty sure you have some friends or family that have always been there for you, it is just too easy to almost forget what you already got, so appreciate it, it will make you feel much better.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you every one so far for your Input. I really don't have a mean bone in me so I'd never ruin her life. I still do care a lot about her. That is one of problems I'm having right now. I can't get her off my mind : / Still I'm glad people responded and I'm thankful.
    WOW, he's ALIVE! I thought for sure the 'dagger to the heart' would have been fatal...

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Sam while you are shut out here there is a lot of positives to take away from this. You obviously can communicate with people and get a girl interested in you. Your not a loser. Far from it. I would advise try to communicate with a girl either online or in the real world but maybe with someone closer to home and one without some baggage.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Earth to Sam: you should not care about her one tiny fraction.

She used you, a perfectly nice guy.

Be angry, don't give a rat's ass about her.

Sounds like she isn't good enough for you anyway.

It's because something with a vagina payed attention to you, and you immediately thought you'd win her over by "making her happy every day."

You had nothing of substance, and tried to take advantage of a situation.

Go out and live life, grab a spine along the way, and you'll be much better off, and the girlys will like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Your first mistake was relying on someone else to make you happy.

You're second mistake was trying to skeeze on someone who was in a vulnerable situation.

But I guess it was probably "the universe" not letting you be happy, and not terrible decision making on your part.
    Little harsh to say, I think it was more like she was taking advantage of his kindness and looking for a rebound of some sort, it happens all the time. He was in the vulnerable position too because he found someone to care about that made him feel much better. But you are right, that you should never rely on someone else to make you happy.

You had a crush. It didn't work out. Get over it.

One of the most amazing things most mature adults experience is the perspective on how devastated we felt over relationships that either never happened, or were very short.

Not sure if we are talking about lesbian being friendzoned or what, are you a girl?

10+ Year Old Account
    The most social interactions I get are out of wow and even there I have no friends. Sad life I know but not much can be done about it.
    Plenty can be done - just got to get into a positive mental attitude. You can make friends if you want to, the only person stopping you is yourself. Take a break from WoW and cut ties with this woman as fuzzzie says. Get yourself into a gym & take up a new hobby maybe do some MMA / Football or other group activity, maybe even take a course in something if you have the time. This will build confidence & get your body healthy too plus you get some face to face social interaction.

Good luck anyway OP.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Stop caring about dumb bitches who are out for themselves. Crush her under your fucking heal and get the fuck on with your life. Figuratively, of course.