accountwide mounts aren't so "accountwide"

so, I have many many toons (so many I'm forced to play on 4 different realms because each realm only takes 11 toons)

usually I don't care much about mounts, but a few days ago I noticed I was close to 150 and decided to buy a few MoP mounts to get the jade kite.

except that due to a bug I didn't get the kite lol

but here's the catch: the toons in my main realm (where I earned the achievement) don't have the kite, but the toons in my 3 alt realms do!

it seems blizzard had to improvise a bit when implementing this accountwide stuff feature. my hypothesis is that when you earn the achievement, the system remembers which toon earned it and sends the mount item to it. mounts are "realmwide" so when you learn them in one toon, you'll get them in all toons in that realm. blizz also gives the same mount to toons in other realms behind the scenes so as it looks like the system shares them with your whole account.

I recognize this is a bit irrelevant, but to me it seemed pretty interesting to catch a glimpse of how the game works
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Hello everyone,

We have received a few reports regarding the We're Going to Need More Saddles achievement not awarding the Jade Pandaren Kite mount. This is being looked into. Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding. If we have more news, we'll update this post.
    Update: it seems that other achievements which award mounts, (i.e. Glory of the Firelands Raider, etc) may also be affected by this. Once again, as soon as we have more news, we'll update this post. Thank you for your understanding
    This should be sorted guys, can you try relogging to see if you receive the kite.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5966308838?

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    so, I have many many toons (so many I'm forced to play on 4 different realms because each realm only takes 11 toons)

usually I don't care much about mounts, but a few days ago I noticed I was close to 150 and decided to buy a few MoP mounts to get the jade kite.

except that due to a bug I didn't get the kite lol

but here's the catch: the toons in my main realm (where I earned the achievement) don't have the kite, but the toons in my 3 alt realms do!

it seems blizzard had to improvise a bit when implementing this accountwide stuff feature. my hypothesis is that when you earn the achievement, the system remembers which toon earned it and sends the mount item to it. mounts are "realmwide" so when you learn them in one toon, you'll get them in all toons in that realm. blizz also gives the same mount to toons in other realms behind the scenes so as it looks like the system shares them with your whole account.

I recognize this is a bit irrelevant, but to me it seemed pretty interesting to catch a glimpse of how the game works
    There's been some huge bug of achievements mounts being given to everyone multiple times on all their characters, even if they're meant to be character specific, I dont know if Bliz just disabled the rewards until they can fix them maybe.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

you missed the entire point of the thread
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.