Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    OP it completely depends on what games you are gonna play. For example some games only exist on consoles and some only on PC. For me myself I always believe console games to be a multiplayer thing, as in you play to be social if you have friends around. PC games are for solo playing. So if you intend to play alone in my opinion PC is better.

If you continue to research you'll find Ps3's w/ different hardware inside, similar setup but each Gen was a bit different.
    From what I've found, the main differences between the generations were energy efficiency changes and different harddrives..

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    From what I've found, the main differences between the generations were energy efficiency changes and different harddrives..
    In mose cases yes, however if you look at the Gen 1 and a much more recent revisions its near alien, same w/ xbox tho.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP it completely depends on what games you are gonna play. For example some games only exist on consoles and some only on PC. For me myself I always believe console games to be a multiplayer thing, as in you play to be social if you have friends around. PC games are for solo playing. So if you intend to play alone in my opinion PC is better.
    Define multiplayer please. At the onset of PC gaming and release of the internet we had more multiplayer action than any console, it was not til Ps2 really drove home free online play and original Xbox brought live into the equation that multiplayer gaming got underway on consoles.

Unless you want to talk about lan parties or fighting over who is going to be Mario or Luigi as multiplayer. Sorry but 2 is multiple but P1 P2 is not multiplayer, it was usually taking turns, or a fighting game inwhich you could have got ur ass kicked and had to pass controller up or worse walk away from the ARCADE console. OMFG who remember MKI and MKII in arcades?

Deleted
    All those saying that BF3 was made for the PC. That was the case when they designed it yes. But they admitted ages ago that they actually changed their minds in mid production and designed it for consoles after all. Thats why all the maps are too small for 64 players and actually optimized for 24

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    All those saying that BF3 was made for the PC. That was the case when they designed it yes. But they admitted ages ago that they actually changed their minds in mid production and designed it for consoles after all. Thats why all the maps are too small for 64 players and actually optimized for 24
    So you haven't played BF3 at all...rofl uhh check again quite a substantial amount of elder maps. Wake island set for 24players yea if you want to take a long nap. Karkand 24...gulf of oman...like seriously, even metro outside is fine for 64p indoors it was an oversight as even w/ 24 ppl the nade fest is a bit extreme. PC does not make near the money Xbox Ps3 make combined, making just a pc game is a way to kill your company in the big leagues, for indie dev's PC is a great platform.