Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    good job Blue.

back to business as usual eh.

i've broken my right hand, i'm right handed and i have papers to write.... well fck x)

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    heh oh you

I'm seriously hijacking this thread for finals week and I will post here frequently. Don't hate on me guys.

To do:

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Tuesday I have an English portfolio due with a research paper I haven't written and some other shit to get together.
    Tuesday I have another English class's final paper due that I didn't start.
    Tuesday I have a Modern Physics take home long 7 hour 21 page test due.
    Wednesday I have a Theology research paper due.
    Wednesday I have an in class Theology test off something coming straight off my memory. (Discuss 3 things in Christian history.)
    Did my philosophy stuff last night and working on this English paper now. Just gonna do a little brainstorming and research and then I'll try to catch a scary movie to calm my nerves while I actually do the typing. ("The Grudge" is the scary movie btw.) Got a box of Tic Tacs ready too. I'm home alone and can concentrate.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 11:20 PM ----------

It feels like I'm the only one doing work lol, I expected more people when this thread was made to be honest.

Anyway, new to do list:

-English Composition Process Letter
    -Theology Research Paper
    -Theology explore my 3 topics
    -Modern Physics Test

Recently finished: English Metafiction Paper (shit took me all day); Modern Physics Extra Credit; English Comp Research Paper

Finished earlier: Philosophy Discussions; Philosophy Argument.

Omg omg I feel so accomplished, did 2 extra things tonight that I thought I'd put off since I was tired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished my finals, I feel like I did okay. I got a 97 on one of them.

Protip: cramming and over studying is usually counter productive. Learn the concepts, don't just memorize your notes.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Protip: cramming and over studying is usually counter productive. Learn the concepts, don't just memorize your notes.
    Yeah, generally if the teacher is good anyone who hasn't been on top of stuff throughout the course is pretty screwed.

Had a slow start this morning. I slept till like 1 last night so I woke up at like 10 this morning and had a lazy time where I ate a lot (mom made me pancakes, soup, and had 2 sicilian slices of pizza) and relaxed. Just finished English. Hopefully get the take home test done and get a little information head start on Theo research. Theo 3 topics still looking for but won't take TOO long.

To do:

-Theology Research Paper
    -Theology explore my 3 topics
    -Modern Physics Test

Recently finished: English Composition Process Letter and website.

Finished earlier: Philosophy Discussions; Philosophy Argument; English Metafiction Paper (shit took me all day Saturday); Modern Physics Extra Credit; English Comp Research Paper.

Feel free to give me a hug guys, this shit is stressful lol, I need A's and pro time management and work skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I only have 2 and a project I am 3/4 done with one is a silly ethics course and the other is my advanced computer logic class which I am not really wanting to take.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Finals (High School) for me start Thursday this week and last until Tuesday of next week (Excluding the weekend obviously).
    And I get to exempt 4 if I meet certain requirements

Spanish 3 (Definitely exempting, my Spanish is atrocious and I do not do well on Spanish finals)
    I have no idea what exempting means, as I studied in Spain. However, if you need a hand on the studying for spanish, I could probably help. Completely fluent with a high grade here

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I always wondered why people fuzz about this. Can't you simply do them again and again after you fail until you get it right without doing an entire year over again ? It's possible here, which is why i never did any homework and never had a single sweat about it.
    It depends on where you go to school at. It's not looked upon highly if you retake the same class over and over again, even if you do manage to ace it after the 3rd or 4th go at it. It's costly, and most institutions in the states take into account retaken classes in your overall gpa, which isn't a good thing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon View Post
    Not to be a douche, but..

Can someone explain to me why finals week is such a pita for some people?

I've never seen it as "crunch time" or as a stressful week. I make up study guides for a couple weeks, I read them occasionally, I take the tests, then go home, relax, and forget all the shit in three weeks.

I'm a massive procrastinator too, most of the time. This finals week in general I haven't done anything to prepare, but I've had health and family issues this semester so it won't surprise me if it was mostly a wash.

Edit: I take 5 courses a semester, max, and I don't like having a full load. I always take at least one, sometimes two, that are total cakewalks. My physics class and my archaeology class this semester are a joke. Archaeology is 3 tests, 4 assignments, done. Physics is just "Here's the equations, plug in numbers!" since it's a physics for dummies course.
    Depends on the subject material, what system your school runs on, how many finals you have, how well you understand the material before you review all of it, and what types of curveballs your professor may or may not throw onto it. Some professors make finals easier then tests taken previously since it's comprehensive over the term. Others don't do finals at all. Some of them have fun and throw applications and abstract wording or additional work into problems on their finals to give their students a real challenge. It depends so heavily on other factors you can't control that many people scramble to get as much as they can remember down to get good grades.

In any case, 4 finals this coming week, 3 of which are back to back. I'm beginning to dread how my multivariable calc exam and organic chem exams are going to be, not so much biology labs and lectures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Just remember, procrastination is like masturbation...

So glad finals are all behind me now. Now I procrastinate all day every day >_>
    Is that related to your pump thing at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will totally post my 'woe is me moment'

Lost my 'big girl job'. Luckily has nothing to do with me being a bad worker/doing anything wrong there, another story for another thread.
    I had to move back into my folks house because I cant find a job in Boston that I could make the kind of money I was making.

I am in school fulltime while I was working fulltime. I had a mini meltdown and have to proceeded to get shit grades in 2/4 classes. Its for a second degree so I want to show I can be an adult. Clearly my meltdown will delay this.

I am currently procrastinating on working up a report for my micro class...

All I want for Christmas is good grades.....and maybe that cute guy I am seeing over break to ask me out....he is flying me to see him...guess he might like me! (yup totally went high school right there)

Totally have a math final tomorrow and yet to lift a finger to studying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Totally have a math final tomorrow and yet to lift a finger to studying lol.
    Mine's on Wednesday, but as of now my bigger issue is my paper and presentation due at 9:30 tomorrow morning. I haven't really done anything for either of them, but I know that my presentation is going to be mostly funny pictures

Only did 3.5 of the 7 questions on the test lol it's so hard and every question takes forever.

So jealous of all the people that are done...

I've got my last CS project due tomorrow, which I started tonight (boo procrastination)

Then I have CS exam on Friday, and then Vector Calc and World Regions on next Tuesday. I was smart enough to drop Calc based Physics when I could get a refund

I kind of got lucky with finals. Had a group project for engineering edsign and got a 100/100 and i only have to full exams for calculus and chemistry.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Every now and then, I consider going back to school for patent law. This thread does not encourage me to do so...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing out on all the fun. Think of all the stuff you'll do up until a week before finals, then wish it just went away. It's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Calc based Physics Sucks....It's what I dropped for Aquatic Science halfway through semester (still in high school), but I'm thinking I might give it another shot after taking a lower physics course before it in college.
    =(

Calc-based physics is awesome! You get to actually learn how things start to work, rather than just learning a few special cases that don't require intense math.