Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    to me it's more like the morons here are all those who over-hyped the game and obviously ended up with an imperfect game (but hey, if you ever find THE perfect MMO, just let us know about it) so far from their godly expectations they can't help bashing 24/7 calling for apocalypse on anet offices.

    call yourself famous or whatever shit come to your mind, only thing is see is a damn whiner who thinks he outsmarted anet's masterplan to conquer the gaming world and believes he's like some sort of prophet whose duty is to open our fuckin minds to the hoooooorrible truth : all we gw2 players are just plain idiots to like the game.

    if i had to sum you up in a single word : [Unnecessary --Kel].
    prophet? you flatter me too much lol

    i didnt outsmart. i saw how vain and shallow anet's marketing was, how gw2 is. not my fault the zealots got zealoty.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-09 at 08:55 PM.

  2. #202
    blablablah

    the only ones who sound like fanatics from the start are just you and a few others around that keep on nitpicking on every little thing they can find.

    most of those who play the game are well aware of its shortcomings and that anet could probably have done much better, still doesn't make the game as bad as you guys would like to make it look. far from it.

    also, blaming marketing/PR guys for doing their job (doesn't matter what company they work for) is quite moronic to say the least.
    some may be more credible than others but that's another story.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    i get called a hater because a product they own is being victimised and their feeble minds cant handle it. ive been stating the truth about guild wars 2 for a long time now, even in the high of all the fanboys raging hellfire on me. and look at it now, not a single peep on my vids. want to know why? because the lunatics woke up to anets PR bullshit. on guru, here, official forums, any big mmo website with a forum all stating the same things. and since i was a huge anet fanboy and that of gw1 i have to say its a hell of a drop from grace.

    so yeah, when the morons were bashing everyone, threatening people with actual physical harm because someone says 'hey, a dynamic event aint so dynamic, its boring and resets hence lacking immersion' i decided to give it back. it worked, so not only do i have facts and figures to back up what i say but i also got under the skin of the very people who were shoving their own biblical beliefs on gw2 being the next evolution of mmo gaming down peoples throats and telling them their game of choice was DEAD and they may as well move over.

    i cant even begin to count the amount of times ive read 'well we had a 200 plus strong guild now im the only one who logs in' after 3 months!!!
    I hate people who over-hype the game as much as the next guy. I also dislike people ignoring faults with the game, looking at it as if nothing is wrong with it. I don't mind people pointing out the wrongs of the game because it does have wrongs. However, you don't point out flaws and wrongs in the game. You straight up bash the game and claim you knew everything about it before it released. I can have a discussion with you about the flaws in GW2, but seeing how you're just coming up with bs all the time, putting ANet in the dirt every chance and ignoring the fact that the game has good sides I won't bother.

  4. #204
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    I personally don't notice much of these "flaws" a lot of people speak of, but then again i tend to play the game significantly differently than most of the forum dwellers do... maybe it's because i use less spreadsheets or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  5. #205
    I've sort of stopped playing GW2--namely because my PC is an outright skitz.

    I mean come on, a 680 FTW video card, i965 intel processor, 8GB of RAM, and this thing constantly throttles itself down. From Borderlands 2 to Guild Wars 2 I'll go from great performance to horrendous. I'm likely going to have to put it into a shop for weeks(which is bullshit), pay out the nose to figure out what went wrong, and then ultimately feel like I should have stuck with console gaming. -_-;

    Anyway, back onto subject. Last content wasn't a mini-expansion by my own measure. In fact it was pretty anemic by and large. So hopefully when they refer to an update as "expansion sized" it'll be several times larger than what we've already had. I'm personally hoping its more of an evolution of the endgame. You really can't have an MMO without endgame progression, the real question is how you separate yourself from others in adding it to the game.

    I've told people time and time again, as much as I love GW2, Arenanet went too crazy in trying to differentiate themselves from the crowd. The absolute ruination of the trinity, the lack of endgame progression, these things are actually more of a drag on the game than a benefit. Their take on the trinity should've been giving every class the option to be a healer, tank, or DPS in unique ways that pertain to that class--not the outright watering down of the trinity. I miss being a bonified healer. The trinity was never so much of a problem for me as healers/tanks tending to get shafted in all content BESIDES raids/instances because solo-play was encouraged in all other aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Kelliak; 2012-12-09 at 04:13 PM.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I hate people who over-hype the game as much as the next guy. I also dislike people ignoring faults with the game, looking at it as if nothing is wrong with it. I don't mind people pointing out the wrongs of the game because it does have wrongs. However, you don't point out flaws and wrongs in the game. You straight up bash the game and claim you knew everything about it before it released. I can have a discussion with you about the flaws in GW2, but seeing how you're just coming up with bs all the time, putting ANet in the dirt every chance and ignoring the fact that the game has good sides I won't bother.
    bashing the game and watching an entire fanbase squirm because their god conceived game failed is entertaining to the people who grew tired of having their tirade jammed down their throat.

    so do tell what lies and bs i said?

    1) i said dynamic events were boring and repetitive, and lacked any great diversity. this was because anet walled in each zone and portalised it so that way they could control the environment because basically they dont have the man power/servers to be able to withstand having a fully streamed world with dynamic bloating it.

    2) i said the cash shop would lead to the game being nerfed. and look what happened, Diminishing Returns, a ninja patch that was NEVER present in the betas (wasnt to combat the bots btw, thats just horseshit since it actually exists in gw1 to) and came in 2 weeks after the major bulk of their sales of gw2. i said then the cash shop would be the primary source of income, something a subscription based game never has to worry about because it keeps the game completely even keel. a cash shop diminishes the game by the developer to get people thinking with real money.

    3) i said the game was a grind and WHOA look who was right. me! i said that unless you do everything available you will be in a deficit of XP and as such will have to repeat events. Anet has forced everything to give xp, but just enough that you do the whole, you get tonnes, you negate some of those things (gathering, crafting, wvwvw) and you will HAVE to grind up on DE's etc. add to this the insane grind on getting the ascended, legendaries and that the entire game ended up being an mmo farming simulator

    4) i said the pvp would blow and look at it. its like a third person shooter. skill over gear? LOL lets get the 'balancing' and 'skill' in there before the eggheads start claiming this game has ANYTHING over even WoW. yes, in blues vs an epic or legendary i will be at a disadvantage in gear, but then again pvp tries to match you to your level, and if you do arena in WoW, what retard WOULDNT be trying to get the top of their game both in skill and gear to give them maximum efficiency.

    5) NO VERTICAL PROGRESSION...yes well we know how that ended up didnt we?

    6) Their entire manifesto was the biggest load of complete BULLSHIT i have ever laid my gaming eyes on. not a single thing is true, or came true.

    7) Servers are NOT full or high because of players. as a dev on the official forums actually clarified, servers are showing binded accounts, NOT population. so, take it up with the liars i mean Arenanet devs if you think i got it wrong.

    8) Personal Story with VERY little impact on the world. you know what it does? it gives you a personal space in your city that does fuck all. it gives you 'mild' branching storylines that, guess what, all lead to the same outcome. and to make matters worse, because Arenanet never bothered to beta test past level 30, there are STILL bugs and abnormalities in the progression and execution of these storylines, not to mention you may as well be playing a single player game.

    9) going back to dynamic events, guess what else i said, i said that you will NOT be able to solo a fair amount of them. they made them to require players. removing heroes and henchmen was the dumbest idiotic idea known to man based on having a game solely functioning around needing a TEAM. if your game cant match the content with players you need NPC's. and look at the amount of people that struggle.

    10) combat, again, something else that failed. not only did they reduce the amount of customisation from gw1 (no dual professions, fully swappable skills), but also having a 'tiered' trait system, something they NEVER had in bwe1 because they didnt want players 'restricted'. what a joke, its the most stale combat ever created. Tera, WoW, hell even SWTOR all beat it want to know why? because you have a mix of both standing still and casting while moving skills/spells. this adds DEPTH and variety rather than having you do the invincible dodge roll every 10 seconds so you can claim OMG THIS GAME IS AWESOME I CAN DODGE ROLL SEE WOW CANT DO THAT.

    i mean thats just the tip of the iceberg. why go hard at them for it? well its simple. Arenanet are full of shit. they have been since they lost 2/3rds of their original founding team and its showing. rubbishing other mmo's designs (yep, WoW, 10 million subs, clearly its a crappy mechanic) while pimping their own was just as bad as how Activision and EA can get with their PR. i call out bullshit, and the fanbase just kept on biting. funny seeing grown men and women threatening me with harm, trying to flag my channel down for TERRORISM ROFL all because i called out all the stuff that has come true.

    so, it was very VERY entertaining for me to see arenanet fail on all their big promises. promises at the expense of trying to make other mmo developers look like they were stuck in the past. tough shit, you talk big, you fall even further if you want to go that route. but more importantly, i learned even more about what really will and wont work when it comes to the mmo scene, and it made me appreciate the mmos and devs (including blizzard) who dont shoot their mouth off at other developers and their hard work and try and do their best to make something.

    because lets face it, if arenanet cared, they would remove diminishing returns, patch all the bugs, fix the spvp imbalances, fix wvwvw from its boring ass zerg fest, remove the ascended gear or modify it so it doesnt gate content or add the vertical prog that it has, and basically never open their mouth again in a condescending tone about other products.

    now hows that for a speech enjoy.

  7. #207
    That list is pretty good, your delivery is abrasive and annoying self obsessed. A lot is not even subjective, grind, vertical progression, personal storyline are all pretty factual, i think it boils down to how much of this is being blown out of proportion by you and how individual people view these concerns. some of it is purely opinion though. Number 9 is a particular annoyance, had to quit a few attempts because no one was around, downscaling was ineffective as well, poorly implemented feature wheree you still walk over lower level mobs.

    most of these dont make gw2 bad.
    Last edited by nurseman; 2012-12-09 at 04:22 PM.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    <modsnip>
    I've heard your complaints a thousand times before. Some of it has validity, some of it is just ranting nonsense. The problem is you come across as someone with a grudge against the game from the start and you lose claim as a result.

    You also don't help your case by having an inability to punctuate or capitalize your words. Seriously, for those of us with some sense of literacy your post is probably going to make our eyes bleed.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-09 at 09:02 PM.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I've heard your complaints a thousand times before. Some of it has validity, some of it is just ranting nonsense. The problem is you come across as someone with a grudge against the game from the start and you lose claim as a result.

    You also don't help your case by having an inability to punctuate or capitalize your words. Seriously, for those of us with some sense of literacy your post is probably going to make our eyes bleed.
    im sorry your sensitivity is being threatened. i prefer videos than writing but i'm not writing a thesis here thats going to be marked. if you cannot fathom what i wrote then you're only nit picking for the same reasons ive seen before: another person who cant handle the hard truths.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    im sorry your sensitivity is being threatened. i prefer videos than writing but i'm not writing a thesis here thats going to be marked. if you cannot fathom what i wrote then you're only nit picking for the same reasons ive seen before: another person who cant handle the hard truths.
    Hahah, you're a funny kid pal.

    I responded to your "truths" and read through your hilarious attempt at communication via the written language. You're nothing special. These are problems that have been discussed, in detail, by avid fans of the game and not just its opponents. However, that said, not everything you've presented is really an issue nor as problematic as you've made it out to be. Which to us comes across as a blatant attempt to smear something you just can't get into rather than sensible discussion.

    Also, you don't need to have a "writing thesis" to write and type within reason. I dropped out of high school before my Sophomore year and can express myself just fine. It's a matter of desire and wanting to present yourself in a respectable manner. Goes a long way, trust me.

  11. #211
    @Infiniteretro
    A little bit of self-reflection certainly wouldn't hurt, cos you sure like to go on.
    Stangely enough you start sounding like the very fanboys that you proclaim to hate, funny how that works.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    @Infiniteretro
    A little bit of self-reflection certainly wouldn't hurt, cos you sure like to go on.
    Stangely enough you start sounding like the very fanboys that you proclaim to hate, funny how that works.
    people seem interested in the person and not the points being made which arent far off the mark for some. i think we all know what people think of retro by now.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    Snip
    Well first of all, you're just another person like the rest of us so don't expect us to be like "oh my god, what a great speech!"

    Now for your points:

    1. Opinion.
    2. If sub-based games don't require cash shops, how come they have cash shops with ridiculous prices? What do you mean by "game getting nerfed" ?
    3. If you had to grind your way to full exotic then i feel bad for you. Exotic was so easy to get it's ridiculous. Legendaries were added for the people who love grinding and that same grind was present in GW1 so what's your point?
    4. True, spvp is imbalanced, but it's still ahead of others which have spent years trying to balance it, yet to no avail. You expected PvP to be flawless from day 1?
    5. I won't deny that the new gear goes against that claim, but that gear isn't gamebreaking unless you run fractal of the mists all the time. If you did, then you wouldn't need to worry about it anyways.
    6. Opinion.
    7. Source?
    8. You didn't like the story, too bad, others did.
    9. I don't think that elite DE's are listed as "fair amount." But i'm going to agree, some of them are really hard solo and they should be fixed.
    10. Combat failed? What?

    See, you do post concerns, but you back them up with nothing but opinions. It's seems like you don't like ANet and therefore you choose to bash GW2. Nice thinking m8.

  14. #214
    Hey, guys. Get a room. By that I mean take it to PM's. Not only are you all walking the line very close, but it's pointless banter. Knock it off.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Hey, guys. Get a room. By that I mean take it to PM's. Not only are you all walking the line very close, but it's pointless banter. Knock it off.
    You do realize that every thread tends to evolve(for better or worse) away from its original intent? Been on enough forums to know this. Largely because you can only discuss the topic strictly for so long. At least much of what's being said still pertains to the game itself--that's a plus. ^_^

    That being said, I don't exactly appreciate someone telling me "to get a room" and in general acting disrespectful. An individual came into this thread talking a lot of unsubstantiated trash, I said my peace concerning it and so did others. If you don't want this going on, remove his inflammatory posts(they're not entirely on topic to begin with) and you've solved your problem without coming across as rather prude.

    No disrespect meant towards YOU naturally, just friendly advice on how to deal with your forumlings without agitating their lesser halves.

    The "get a room" bit was to return the topic to something bearable in public discussion before people were given infractions. The fact you've failed to do so (offensively at that) has shown how you "speak your peace". Moderation itself is not up for public debate. --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-09 at 09:10 PM.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    people seem interested in the person and not the points being made which arent far off the mark for some. i think we all know what people think of retro by now.
    It shows you what an impact ANet was able to make with GW1. That game really showed the kind of promise you get from small start-up developers who are passionate about their game. And that passion ends up being reflected by the people who have been with those developers since the beginning.

    But yeah, like you said it's about the person not the points being made, and you get statements like this that are so hilariously contrary to the truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    See, you do post concerns, but you back them up with nothing but opinions. It's seems like you don't like ANet and therefore you choose to bash GW2. Nice thinking m8.
    You can recognize the GW1 vets by their unmatched anger at where the real ANet has gone. Anyone blindly bashing the game is long gone by now. There's someone on the official forums with the sig: "Now you're just a Guild Wars that I used to know." Which makes me simultaneously lol and

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    It shows you what an impact ANet was able to make with GW1. That game really showed the kind of promise you get from small start-up developers who are passionate about their game. And that passion ends up being reflected by the people who have been with those developers since the beginning.

    But yeah, like you said it's about the person not the points being made, and you get statements like this that are so hilariously contrary to the truth:

    You can recognize the GW1 vets by their unmatched anger at where the real ANet has gone. Anyone blindly bashing the game is long gone by now. There's someone on the official forums with the sig: "Now you're just a Guild Wars that I used to know." Which makes me simultaneously lol and
    lmao,
    i know many gw1 vets that absolutely love GW2

    /signed gw1 vet
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    It shows you what an impact ANet was able to make with GW1. That game really showed the kind of promise you get from small start-up developers who are passionate about their game. And that passion ends up being reflected by the people who have been with those developers since the beginning.

    But yeah, like you said it's about the person not the points being made, and you get statements like this that are so hilariously contrary to the truth:


    You can recognize the GW1 vets by their unmatched anger at where the real ANet has gone. Anyone blindly bashing the game is long gone by now. There's someone on the official forums with the sig: "Now you're just a Guild Wars that I used to know." Which makes me simultaneously lol and
    Played GW1 since 06' and i love GW2. There are things i don't like about the game, but my main problem with the game is PvE endgame. Though, it didn't stop me from spending all those hours on the game to this point.

    I'm getting new content (good or bad, large or small) every month so why would i QQ about it unless they implement a game changing addition?

  19. #219
    Played GW1 since it was released and I really enjoy GW2.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Played GW1 since it was released and I really enjoy GW2.
    Hated GW1 dont really like GW2 are we making a point? I think the guy was implying that those blindly bashing the game have left and those left behind bashing the game are GW1 vets, I doubt hes implying every person who liked GW1 dhates gw2, well he might be that naive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •