Because Diablo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Because Diablo.
    * all sad now

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Tell me a story, Deckard Adonael.
    The Beginning of the Great Conflict

Since the birth of reality itself, the high Heavens and the pits of Hell have waged an endless war for anything of value within their realms of order and chaos. No side has gained much of anything at all for long, and, in their struggle, have often destroyed much of what they sought to claim. It is referred to as The Great Conflict, and all other wars and events, like The Sin War, fall under it.

The story begins with Inarius, a powerful angel and member of the Angiris Council. Tired of the constant fighting, he sees little point in their infinite war they are waging against Hell. Convinced that there must be others such as him in both Heaven and Hell, Inarius starts to search for other individuals who share his views on the war. To his surprise there are many such as himself, and together with Lilith, daughter of Mephisto, he leads a great exodus. Together, they defect from Heaven and Hell and search for another place to live. They succeed in stealing the Worldstone, and perform two tasks which above all others will affect the course of history:

• Create Sanctuary, the world of men, as a paradise and refuge from the Great Conflict

• Create the Nephalem, the first humans

To protect this world from both Heaven and Hell, they used the stolen Worldstone. It acted as a protective barrier, and effectively prevented angels and demons from either directly invading Sanctuary or noticing its existence at all. How exactly it worked remains unclear, but work it did.

The two races of Heaven and Hell tried to live peacefully with each other on Sanctuary, and even mated with each other, spawning the first generation of humans, called the Nephalem. It quickly became apparent that the Nephalem were as powerful as their parents, and had the potential to be much, much more than any angel or demon. This caused struggle among the higher beings. Inarius wanted to kill the humans, as he viewed them as a threat to their own existence. Lilith, on the other hand, wanted to raise the Nephalem to an army and have them fight both Heaven and Hell. The two began fighting, and Inarius cast out Lilith from Sanctuary and imprisoned her in The Void, claiming Sanctuary as his own. Many of the Nephalem were slain during this time, but some survived, like Bul-Kathos and Rathma. The latter became the servant of Trag'Oul, a mystical dragon, and guardian of Sanctuary.

The Reset

After the battle, a gathering was held between the Angiris Council and Mephisto. Sanctuary was all but destroyed, but all hope was not lost. Some, like Rathma, pleaded with Heaven to spare Sanctuary. A vote was held between the Angels. Imperius voted against Sanctuary's existence and Auriel argued strongly for it. The deciding vote was laid by Tyrael, who initially seemed to show little love for humanity, something which has evidently developed over the years since this event. Together with Mephisto, a deal was made between Heaven and Hell. Sanctuary was to live on its own, with no war brought there by Heaven or Hell. Humanity would choose for themselves what to do. In return for agreeing to this, Mephisto obtained custody of Inarius and took him to the Burning Hells. Why Mephisto sought Inarius is unknown.

This was followed by a reset of the world. Time was reverted right to the point where Uldyssian left his home village, and events were unmade so that the inhabitants of Sanctuary could mature on their own, without the influence of the Triune, or the Cathedral.

• All memories were wiped save that of the original Nephalem (the reasoning was that the original Nephalem were very few and they would pass-on soon enough anyway) and Mendeln (Trag'Oul saved him his memory so he could remember the sacrifice his brother made, as well as teach any willing students the ways of the balance).

• Serenthia is revived and Achilios is turned back into a living human because of Uldyssian sacrificing himself (this is a direct effect of Uldyssian's sacrifice, has nothing to do with the Angiris Council or Mephisto)

• The Cathedral and Triune were no more.

This, the reset world, is the past from which the games take place. The first 'version', with Uldyssian, isn't recorded in any history but is known by a few humans, as well as angels and demons naturally.

.... Jada jada jada, read more @ Wiki
    Last edited by mmoc743b654a14; 2013-01-04 at 08:20 PM.

Had like 4 hours of anime today, lol. I've been away from it for too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    No matter how hard I try... I'm never siding with the Imperials in Skyrim xDDDD
    Filthy Stormcloak!

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Word.
    Adjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

10+ Year Old Account
    Beep Boop

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Beep Boop
    hey hey frey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    hey hey frey.
    Hello Squishy!

Hello Squishy!
    wassup ?

10+ Year Old Account
    wassup ?
    At work! Yourself?

At work! Yourself?
    designing something.

Deleted
    Beep Boop
    * boop *

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro View Post
    Adjective.
    Pronoun .

10+ Year Old Account
    designing something.
    Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    * boop *
    Grah! I forgot you get one per day!

Fun!

Grah! I forgot you get one per day!
    It is. I have to think a lot about this one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Pronoun .
    Verbalicious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Pronoun .
    Conjugate.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit more power, a lot more curious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Yeah, Gen OT, where someone can tell you with a straight face most black people were against desegregation.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19694793

10+ Year Old Account
    It is. I have to think a lot about this one though.
    That's what makes it fun!