Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    If MoP's supposed to the expansion where the Alliance is able to get back on it's feet an be proud of itself once again, killing it's High King would rather sour and ruin the experience.
    The same can be said about the Horde as well. What's the point in killing off their Warchief and conquering Orgrimmar when they finally were able to get even with the Alliance in Cataclysm? Shall we go back to living in homes made of sticks and mud? Is the Horde forced to be the underdog most of the time?

Cataclysm broke the trend, but it appears the Alliance is back as the most important faction.

The last time the Horde was winning anything outside of Cataclysm was Warcraft 2. And they lost that one in the end as well. Actually, the only time they truly won was Warcraft 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Uhhh that's very incorrect. We're not turning into a Blue Horde.
    High King and Warchief both symbolise despot with Vassals bowing to them. And the way things are going I wouldn't doubt this one bit. Sure, forged out of "necessity", kept around so humans can lord over the other races of the Alliance via the storyline, always hogging the limelight and teaching those foolish dwarves, superstitious draenei and naive elves how things are done properly. Starting with showing the leader of the Night Elves how to lay an ambush...

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Shall we go back to living in homes made of sticks and mud? Is the Horde forced to be the underdog most of the time?
    The reason the Horde lives in sticks and mud huts is because they never learned how to not live in stick and mud huts. Their solution is to steal the actual cities built by others, and enslave their populations to build stone and masonry buildings so they can stop living in stick and mud huts. I really don't get this Horde/underdog BS. You never were.

I suppose it would be "fair" if both factions lost their leader, but it seems too forced.

10+ Year Old Account
    High King and Warchief both symbolise despot with Vassals bowing to them. And the way things are going I wouldn't doubt this one bit. Sure, forged out of "necessity", kept around so humans can lord over the other races of the Alliance via the storyline, always hogging the limelight and teaching those foolish dwarves, superstitious draenei and naive elves how things are done properly. Starting with showing the leader of the Night Elves how to lay an ambush...

Hyperbole and remember..

I must stop being so negative and disparaging {◕ ◡ ◕} I will be... happy
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Yeah sure, make him die in the same xpac he gets some development.

Deleted
    I was hoping that Anduin will die in 5.1 and then he would return by holy light(?) but a little bit altered and aged ( think like Gandalf in lotr) and he would have task - unite world and destroy legion, cuz i don't see other way how teenager can lead all the forces

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No Varian's High King position is more like that of Lothar in the second war.

Doesnt Garrosh kill anduin sometime in the near future? Could have sworn there was a spoiler out there that showed that.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Shame that the Alliance are being essentially being turned into the blue Horde, with Varian now being a Thrall clone.
    So if Varian = White Thrall, and Thrall = Green Jesus, Varian = Jesus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunShot View Post
    I was hoping that Anduin will die in 5.1 and then he would return by holy light(?) but a little bit altered and aged ( think like Gandalf in lotr) and he would have task - unite world and destroy legion, cuz i don't see other way how teenager can lead all the forces
    I had the idea that Anduin would be killed and resurrected by Sylvanas to become a Forsaken Shadow Priest, but he would ally with Lilian Voss and they would fight the Forsaken.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    Yeah but White Jesus

Deleted
    Yeah, boy must die, no doubt, he won't learn anything in mortal world

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    varian = wolf jesus lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunShot View Post
    Yeah, boy must die, no doubt, he won't learn anything in mortal world

He's barely developed. Why kill him off when he hasn't been developed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The same can be said about the Horde as well. What's the point in killing off their Warchief and conquering Orgrimmar when they finally were able to get even with the Alliance in Cataclysm? Shall we go back to living in homes made of sticks and mud? Is the Horde forced to be the underdog most of the time?

Cataclysm broke the trend, but it appears the Alliance is back as the most important faction.

The last time the Horde was winning anything outside of Cataclysm was Warcraft 2. And they lost that one in the end as well. Actually, the only time they truly won was Warcraft 1.
    Neither side was "winning" prior to Cataclysm as there was no outright war, just a Cold War. Where is this "getting even" coming from?
    The fact the Orcs lived in mud huts has absolutely nothing to do with the Cold War, I'm not sure why you brought up such a thing. They were living in such homes before their corruption.

Also Garrosh is a villain. There is no doubt about that. Varian isn't. The Horde are also as a faction being developed as far more independent than just following their Warchief without question as we're seeing non-Orc story progression and independent pretty much across each race and being given their story to tell. The opposite is happening to the Alliance where there story has become a black hole of Varian becoming High King.
    So yes to lose Varian is a big loss. Whereas losing a Warchief nobody likes, in faction that's being developed to show that they don't need a Warchief to do what's right isn't a big loss and if anything is actually a massive gain.

The Alliance has never been "the most importance faction" and as much I will bitch about flaws with the Alliance story I wouldn't dream of saying Blizzard have developed either to be more important than the other.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-02 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    He's barely developed. Why kill him off when he hasn't been developed.
    Well, we're seeing him develop right now and I don't like it at all.

Even though I really like the forsaken idea, it's also good if Blizzard tone it down a bit with Anduin. He's just a kid, why does he have to be so wise and have his nose in everything that's going on. He should just be banging chicks and partying.

Deleted
    Keep yer feet on the ground lad.

I guess that would be pretty much the opposite of what should happen or did happen, as some other here mentioned he is going to get some more background with Mop and we see more of him, why should he die ? For the sake of equalness ? If that is the case, I dont give a damn about being equal. I only play Horde and I want that dude to be Highking and he should rule for some time before he dies.

Besides the fact that Chris Metzen loves his Varian I doubt he dies anytime soon, but hey... no one knows for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vokey View Post
    Well, we're seeing him develop right now and I don't like it at all.

Even though I really like the forsaken idea, it's also good if Blizzard tone it down a bit with Anduin. He's just a kid, why does he have to be so wise and have his nose in everything that's going on. He should just be banging chicks and partying.

Because that's not who Anduin is and this is fantasy.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yeah sure, make him die in the same xpac he gets some development.
    Why does everyone support character development as plot armor, its bullshit. People die, deal with it.

Personally, I am annoyed how they're making it such an obvious good vs. evil. Before this 5.1 patch Varian was a complex character, he wasn't a simple white hat. He had anger and leadership issues. Garrosh, while questionable, was never a simple black hat.

Varian has lost all complexity, as seen in the opening 5.1 questline and in the A Little Patience scenario. He is now simply can do no wrong good guy. Hopefully he gets killed off at the end, by Garrosh and possibly while saving Anduin, because they've ruined his character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why does everyone support character development as plot armor, its bullshit. People die, deal with it.

It's bullshit that you develop a character and then *loldie*. It's a waste of writing. deal with it.

Personally, I am annoyed how they're making it such an obvious good vs. evil. Before this 5.1 patch Varian was a complex character, he wasn't a simple white hat. He had anger and leadership issues. Garrosh, while not straight up evil, was never a simple black hat.

Varian has lost all complexity, as seen in the opening 5.1 questline and in the A Little Patience scenario. He is now simply can do no wrong good guy. Hopefully he gets killed off at the end, by Garrosh and possibly while saving Anduin.
    He changed after having anger issues. You can Argue Garrosh being an evil asshat but Varian you cannot.

Warrior-Magi