Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Share Your Fast Food Horror Stories

I always wondered as someone who never worked in fast food. What's it like to work there? Are the customers jerks? do you spit in the food and serve it? how do you deal with a customer who's upset? I've heard some interesting story's but I'd like some personal story's from people who worked in the service about it.

Also

From the Customer. What's worst thing to happen to you at Fast Food Place? Have you ever not gotten what you ordered? or maybe got in a fight with a person behind the counter? Tell me about your worst experience. Or you have something to share from your view point.

Can't say as I've had much problem with fast food, not that I eat it at all anymore. Had the good graces never to have worked in one of those pits.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

We went to Hardy's on the way back from Florida ages ago. The entire place was infested with flies, they were literally everywhere, that wasn't even the worst part, the workers didn't wear hair nets, nor did they wear gloves when handling the food, the women who was preparing our food was openly scratching her greasy looking hair while doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once found a finger in my chicken nuggets. It was undercooked and wasn't breaded properly so I demanded a refund.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I dont like to poison myself (altho it is hard nowadays) so I avoid fast food.

I worked at a pizza place back in high school, we served by the slice or whole pizzas. A lady came in (African American, I'm white, that will be important later) she ordered a special pizza even though she only wanted one slice, so I started making it. I was about to start putting the toppings on when she complained that I was dirty and she didn't want me touching her food, wanted a different worker to make her pizza. So I got another worker (also white) and she said the same thing. Third worker who came out was African American and the customer jumped up and said she wanted him to make the pizza.

Other than that the worst things that ever happened to me as a worker were people sending food back for one reason or another, but still wanting their messed up order and the new order.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Or you have something to share from your view point.

My usual experience: Fast Food ---> 30mins ---> sitting on the toilet

This is why i avoid standard fast food.

10+ Year Old Account
    My local city has an awesome fast food joint, selling traditional pies (oblong) and cooked on site.

You can serve it up with salad, chips, onion gravy, baked potato, mint sauce, etc.

Choice ranges from steak, cottage, shepherd's, chicken and vegatable, etc.

Not all fastfood is corporate hogwash

It's not really fast food but one day me and my friends were getting some chicken and rice from a Hallal cart outside our school and one of my friends was wiping his mouth with a napkin (because the food is really greasy, gave me a sore throat one weekend when I got it alone because a class got cancelled and I was hungry and bored) and there was blood on the napkin lol...

I can't say I've had any genuinely bad experiences. About the worst thing that ever happens is I don't get bacon a sammich I ordered it on. Quelle horreur. But really, fast food's mostly a very good experience, with reasonable prices, quick service, and tasty food.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hatlatitla View Post
    I dont like to poison myself (altho it is hard nowadays) so I avoid fast food.
    This is pretty melodramatic. Cheeseburgers and fries aren't "poison" even if they're not very good for you.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2012-12-02 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once got grilled chicken instead of crispy.

worst i've had is them messing up the order and giving me a smaller sized drink

10+ Year Old Account
    I had mcdonalds a while back like maybe 7 years ago on christmas break, was heading to my sister's. there was a booger in my burger. my mom wouldnt take it back and managed to convince me it wasn't that bad and there was probably nothing wrong with it. the next morning i woke up and threw up all over the floor.

so i took a shit in their urinal on the ride home

assholes

Went to Subway drive-thru with my friend. I ordered a turkey on Italian with lettuce, onions, provolone and southwest sauce. He ordered a cheesesteak sub.

Got home, my sandwich was turkey on wheat with every-fucking-thing and some sort of weird sauce, his was steak... no cheese.

That's pretty much the worst of it, other than the Taco Bell up the street from me always being out of shit and taking forever to do orders. I feel like they are poorly managed or understaffed, or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 years at a McDonalds.
    I just always gave the customer what they wanted if they complained. My town is full of douchebags, and if I didn't, I'd be found a day later with a knife in me most likely.

The whole 'Maccas being Fresh' is a load of BS. Stuff stays in the heaters for hours if it doesn't get used, and there was only a small amount of us who would cook stuff fresh. Most didn't care.

Employees scoffed heaps of the chicken products down secretly.
    I knew heaps of employees putting extra stuff in burgers to give to their friends.
    Saw no spitting/didn't hear of any.
    Knew some employees who would say it was dearer than what it was, and pocket the change.

Huge lack of safety. Atleast 4 friends got burnt by grill cleaner because there wasn't any gloves/ sleeves given to cover up from it.
    No slip-mats.

Breakfast products being left in the heaters for up to 3 hours (including egg) and still would serve it.
    Products being pulled up early from the fryers, and they would still be slightly raw.

Probably the major/worst one I was reminded about.
    During the locust infestation last year, the locust were getting into the fryers where the chicken and chips were cooked, and the managers nor the staff could be bothered to clean them out, so the products would have been infected by bug germs.

I probably have seen heaps of illegal/nasty things, but that's all I can currently remember.
    Last edited by Kuthe; 2012-12-03 at 09:04 AM.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I recently went to Mc.donalds for the 1st time in almost 5 years and got a big mac. i was really pisssed of about it..they gave me everything on the burger yes bt the way it was set up..both patties on the same bun and the top was just lettuce and sauce. i was about to take it back but my sister say "well everything was there i wouldnt worry about it".
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Went to Subway drive-thru with my friend. I ordered a turkey on Italian with lettuce, onions, provolone and southwest sauce. He ordered a cheesesteak sub.

Got home, my sandwich was turkey on wheat with every-fucking-thing and some sort of weird sauce, his was steak... no cheese.
    I guess this is why you normally have to go in and watch them make it. Never heard a drive-thru for subway, maybe that's a good thing.

Deleted
    Only bad thing that have happened to me when ive gone to a fast food chain think it was MAX i got a burger without meat in it and went to complain and got a new one i dont realy eat that much fast food to get any weird stories from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I guess this is why you normally have to go in and watch them make it. Never heard a drive-thru for subway, maybe that's a good thing.
    About 1/3 of the Subways I've been to have a drive-thru. Just depends on the location. The ones that have one are their own building and are on the edges of parking lots.

No real horror stories here, but I never worked at one and I don't eat from them super often. Worst for me is probably how you have to use the bathroom about half an hour after eating sliders, but hey, they are sliders. It is part of the charm.

(Sliders are White Castle Cheeseburgers)