Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,534
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Well the majority liked them their hard heroics and you saw what happened. If their willing to accept millions leaving so they can retain the 4 million they would have retained under any system anyway then I guess that's a calculus they've made not a rational one anyway. The simple truth is that theirs a large chunk of you who wouldn't leave if they made any changes anyway.


    When was it ever a majority? it was a vocal minority that wanted hard dungeons. And yes you saw what happened.

  2. #42
    If you don't have to do dailies, why did Blizz feel the need to gate more rewards behind them? They took out head 'chants so that players wouldn't "have" to do certain factions for it. Then they turn around and gate the crafting item enhancement recipes behind faction dailies. Why did they take valor gear and gate them behind faction dailies if you don't have to do them? Why did they take the new raid currency, Elder Charms, and gate them exclusively behind dailies? They're usable ONLY in raids.

  3. #43
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    When was it ever a majority? it was a vocal minority that wanted hard dungeons. And yes you saw what happened.
    ^ Pretty much this.

    People seem to forget the community on the forums here or on their actual website are a very miniscule amount of the playerbase.

    People wanted harder stuff and look what happened with Cataclysm.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ...Why should I care?

    It's a game I enjoy. Why should anyone else tell me to care or not.

    The day I don't like what WoW is anymore, I'll quit just like you have.

    Until that day comes though, when I still thoroughly enjoy the game and the work the company that made it does, I will still play it. Doesn't matter how many subscribers they have.
    did you ignore everything I wrote? You should care because if enough people leave over stupid dailies then Blizzard is not likely to do dailies again. Sooooo instead of having wild swings between expansions where design philosophies constantly change you would have moderate changes here and there and more players would be happy. Look if your willing to accept whatever they throw at you then I guess it doesn't matter. By the same token if your willing to accept anything then what do you care people are upset about daily quests? THey could get rid of it tmmrw and would it affect you?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Intelligent debate is awesome and stuff, but lets tone down the hostility a bit, guys. Pretty please.
    Your lack of hostility makes me suspect you're planning something hostile!
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  6. #46
    High Overlord Crimsonfiend76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Sorry but..did Blizzard take a shit in your cereal or something? 0.o

    You're one person. You're one of these people who, even after all these arguments, still doesn't listen.

    All your points you made to counter mine..are countered by what I've previously stated.

    Yes, I don't doubt you read my entire post, but your bias and apparent "hate" for Blizzard causes your opinion to be biased and not say "Huh, I get what you're saying, that's logical."

    And people like me? People who do blame Blizzard for stupid things they do yet still like them and still want the play the game, and think of the stuff they do as logical, is bad?

    My God.
    actually he isnt one person, vocal minority? ...debatable maybe, nevertheless, i disagree with the blithering idiocy in gating gear and desired profession patterns behind rep grind...and low rep (pre-commendation bonus) at that. rewards besides the 'story' being revealed via dailes should be an 'epic' level quest reward along with vanity items / mounts. if RNG continues to hate me while chain running heroics ad nauseum without getting a single effing upgrade, at least in cata, id go buy some JP/VP item that would help make gearing for entry raid level / LFR easier.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    When was it ever a majority? it was a vocal minority that wanted hard dungeons. And yes you saw what happened.
    The same vocal minority who insists that I work for my gear. They are spiritual brothers.

  8. #48
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Devic View Post
    If you don't have to do dailies, why did Blizz feel the need to gate more rewards behind them? They took out head 'chants so that players wouldn't "have" to do certain factions for it. Then they turn around and gate the crafting item enhancement recipes behind faction dailies. Why did they take valor gear and gate them behind faction dailies if you don't have to do them? Why did they take the new raid currency, Elder Charms, and gate them exclusively behind dailies? They're usable ONLY in raids.
    Because they're optional. Those rewards are the same as raid gear..which you gain from raiding..which also requires work.

    They put them behind it so that if you want another shot at loot, again, you work for it.

    I'm kinda sick of people bitching because things aren't easy to get anymore.

    Work for it like you would for something you want.

    I've used barely any Elder Tokens and I've been fine, personally, for gear.

    487 iLevel whoop whoop.

  9. #49
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,534
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The same vocal minority who insists that I work for my gear. They are spiritual brothers.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the ones bitching about dailies.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of the ones bitching about dailies.
    hah no. You don't get to turn that around. The ones bitching about dailies were the same ones bitching about hard heroics. They were called "entitled" then as well.

  11. #51
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    did you ignore everything I wrote? You should care because if enough people leave over stupid dailies then Blizzard is not likely to do dailies again. Sooooo instead of having wild swings between expansions where design philosophies constantly change you would have moderate changes here and there and more players would be happy. Look if your willing to accept whatever they throw at you then I guess it doesn't matter. By the same token if your willing to accept anything then what do you care people are upset about daily quests? THey could get rid of it tmmrw and would it affect you?
    No I read it and made the response I wanted to make :x. Just like I am right now.

    I'm not upset. I'm simply trying to make my own logical conclusion and explain my opinion on this matter to other people.

    If they got rid of it tomorrow, I'd kind of be upset then. They'd be giving into the whiners which has never done anything good for the game.

    That's all :x.

  12. #52
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Your lack of hostility makes me suspect you're planning something hostile!
    I am grooming an army of hippopotamuseseses to maul my enemies, but that's an unrelated matter.

    I mean, uh, WHAT WHAT ARE YOU IMLPYING IT IS NOT TRUE.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  13. #53
    Like some people are fat and lazy irl some are lazy and fat ingame.

  14. #54
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,534
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    hah no. You don't get to turn that around. The ones bitching about dailies were the same ones bitching about hard heroics. They were called "entitled" then as well.

    How do you figure? Got names you can link to both? Or you know it could be a different set of people.



    Think about it for a second if it was a majority there forums would be overrun (go check customer service on a maintenance day)
    Sure people are upset about dailies but it is far from a majority of the players.



    By your logic the same ones bitching about hard heroics were the same ones bitching about easy heroics.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    No I read it and made the response I wanted to make :x. Just like I am right now.

    I'm not upset. I'm simply trying to make my own logical conclusion and explain my opinion on this matter to other people.

    If they got rid of it tomorrow, I'd kind of be upset then. They'd be giving into the whiners which has never done anything good for the game.

    That's all :x.
    Would you unsub? Would it affect the amount of fun you had in the game? I mean aside from forum wars with people would it really affect your gameplay experience at all? Would you go about your world of warcraft day thinking oh man this game sucks now Blizzard gave into whiners? If you are well then yea that explains why you made this post. If not then it shouldn't matter to you one bit.

  16. #56
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Would you unsub? Would it affect the amount of fun you had in the game? I mean aside from forum wars with people would it really affect your gameplay experience at all? Would you go about your world of warcraft day thinking oh man this game sucks now Blizzard gave into whiners? If you are well then yea that explains why you made this post. If not then it shouldn't matter to you one bit.
    God no.

    As I said, the day I no longer enjoy the game, I will quit.

    I love the story which is a huge factor for why I love the game.

    The raids are fantastic and I love the entire new continent.

    So no, I wouldn't.

    It matters to me because no matter what I can't understand something I can't agree with in the slightest, and I'm trying to understand plus argue from a logical stand point.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    How do you figure? Got names you can link to both? Or you know it could be a different set of people.



    Think about it for a second if it was a majority there forums would be overrun (go check customer service on a maintenance day)
    Sure people are upset about dailies but it is far from a majority of the players.



    By your logic the same ones bitching about hard heroics were the same ones bitching about easy heroics.
    Not at all. The outcry from this daily quest bullshit (and the overall reward structure of the game) has been pretty loud since mists was released. From what I'm told it was loud in the beta when the change was snuck in towards the end. I mean by your logic it was far from the majority who were bitching about hard heroics to, YET according to you it was only a vocal minority who wanted them hard. So what happened? Where's the double standard chief?

    The simple fact is that you will not accept any evidence I submit to you anyway. Until the sub numbers come out. Then you will see millions are discontented by this. The reamaining millions probably don't give a shit to be honest. They did keep 9 million subs without releasing a content patch over 9 months.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 09:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    God no.

    As I said, the day I no longer enjoy the game, I will quit.

    I love the story which is a huge factor for why I love the game.

    The raids are fantastic and I love the entire new continent.

    So no, I wouldn't.

    It matters to me because no matter what I can't understand something I can't agree with in the slightest, and I'm trying to understand plus argue from a logical stand point.
    See but what do you care to understand it? What does it matter to you that people are upset about it? You won't unsub if they change it. Furthermore as I said before if you actually LIKE THE CURRENT SYSTEM why not help out your fellow players, ask for some moderate reform instead of shitting all over them until it gets beat to the ground in the next expansion. Or even in this expansion ala 4.3 heroics.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Would you unsub? Would it affect the amount of fun you had in the game? I mean aside from forum wars with people would it really affect your gameplay experience at all? Would you go about your world of warcraft day thinking oh man this game sucks now Blizzard gave into whiners? If you are well then yea that explains why you made this post. If not then it shouldn't matter to you one bit.
    For example if they reverted factions to the Cataclysm/Wrath model my enjoyment of the game would be hurt, since I like MoP factions - much better lore, much deeper characterization, bigger impact on the game world etc.
    And I like, as a casual, having good gear that its quite slow to acquire and doesnt involve LFD spam.

  19. #59
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,552
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Not at all. The outcry from this daily quest bullshit (and the overall reward structure of the game) has been pretty loud since mists was released. From what I'm told it was loud in the beta when the change was snuck in towards the end. I mean by your logic it was far from the majority who were bitching about hard heroics to, YET according to you it was only a vocal minority who wanted them hard. So what happened? Where's the double standard chief?

    The simple fact is that you will not accept any evidence I submit to you anyway. Until the sub numbers come out. Then you will see millions are discontented by this. The reamaining millions probably don't give a shit to be honest. They did keep 9 million subs without releasing a content patch over 9 months.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 09:22 PM ----------



    See but what do you care to understand it? What does it matter to you that people are upset about it? You won't unsub if they change it. Furthermore as I said before if you actually LIKE THE CURRENT SYSTEM why not help out your fellow players, ask for some moderate reform instead of shitting all over them until it gets beat to the ground in the next expansion. Or even in this expansion ala 4.3 heroics.
    ..I just explained why. I like to understand things. This is one of them, so I made the post and it matters to me. I'm a unbiased person, and I"m arguing from a fan of the game's perspective. Why does it matter so much to you? You're not going to change my opinion in the slightest 0.o.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    For example if they reverted factions to the Cataclysm/Wrath model my enjoyment of the game would be hurt, since I like MoP factions - much better lore, much deeper characterization, bigger impact on the game world etc.
    And I like, as a casual, having good gear that its quite slow to acquire and doesnt involve LFD spam.
    I assume your exalted with the factions already? Let's say the retroactively made it so you could grind those factions out in dungeons, outside of caving into whiners would you care?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •