Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    This is the problem with people who have been doing it for a long time. I remember when I used to click way back in the day, I thought I was just fine too. Not so. Like I've said before there's a difference between what you think is fine and reality. Reality is you will not be beating anyone who isn't a straight up beginner, in both pvp, dps or healing. You can't just bind a whole bunch of stuff randomly and say "Oh this is poo, I'm going back to clicking." You have to be smart about what and where you put certain abilities and then most importantly, YOU HAVE TO GET USED TO THEM. Once you do, you LITERALLY stop thinking about where stuff is. Beautiful muscle memory takes over and your fingers do the thinking for you.

All it takes is a quick google or forum search!!! A gazillion people telling you to bind can't be wrong. But beware, they're not always going to be as nice as someone like me . You're not special, clicking isn't better for you as oppose to binding, no matter how long you've been doing it. Put it this way...you beat a few people, you top dps in your guild, you think you're a good healer...well bind and you'll automatically be that much better. Also, play with veteran players who bind. They'll just show you. If you click and you're dps, you'll simply never max your dps out.

Also, UI's look much better and there's a lot more actual game to look at if you don't have to use the buttons on screen. By the way, binding isn't where you stop. You want to macro, macro, macro and also get used to modifiers if you really want to play well.
    Sorry, but I disagree fully. They say keybinding is best, and you are worse if you don't and you click. I however have and continue to beat many a keybinders who have been doing it for years in wow. I do it in pvp, and in pve. I have toped the damage done charts in bgs while having very few deaths. I agree that you cannot heal and click. Its just insane to try that. However, dpsing and clicking or tanking and clicking are fine and I do them both very Very well and beat veteran keybinders.

You'll continue to chant at me at how im worse for it, but the numbers on WoL and recount don't lie. Its hard to believe, I know it is, but its true. I'll always have people say its wrong, but I know I have the skills with clicking to hang with some amazing people who do keybind.

Clicking well never be as good as keybinding, you can try and argue all you wan't but your just gimping yourself.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Clicking - Prospecting / Disenchanting materials

Key binding - Everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I love Feynman.
    I love Halton Arp.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Neöphyte View Post
    Clicking - Prospecting / Disenchanting materials

Key binding - Everything.
    I actually keybind my prospecting into macros lol. Faster that way.

Keybinding is more convenient in all situation and it is just like making shortcuts in less operations required to make some action. When you will become confident with keybinding, you will really hate clicking and all things like "blue cursor of doom".

However, by looking at Kevyne vs Rinoa conversation, I guess people are speak about slightly different things. There is no need to forget that healers have to work directly with raid frames most of the time, while other roles interact more with actual environment. I wouldn't really say that keybinding is somewhat superior to clicking here, it might be even otherwise, as you still need to move your cursor over character frame, and keyboard really has big "-" here as you can't press 3 keyboard buttons at once with all 3 working. In example, any combo like shift+(some button) for instant cast on unit frame while moving (unless it is autorun) will make you stop moving. It doesn't matter what you push - mouse-button or keyboard-button on unit frame, your mouse would already be used for some other activity than turning/moving, but mouse is superior in this case, because of "3 buttons" case. Also no need to forget that if some person uses Healbot, Grid+Clique, Vuhdo, etc., doesn't mean that he is automatically keyboard-turner.

But PvP is completely different story for same healers, as there keybindings>>than clicking as for all the other roles, as it requires unique approach, unique macroses, and working more with environment rather than with unit frames, but it simply wouldn't really work for raiding because you can't setup unique macroses for 10 (or even more so for 25) people due to lack of keys and macro space.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree fully. They say keybinding is best, and you are worse if you don't and you click. I however have and continue to beat many a keybinders who have been doing it for years in wow. I do it in pvp, and in pve. I have toped the damage done charts in bgs while having very few deaths. I agree that you cannot heal and click. Its just insane to try that. However, dpsing and clicking or tanking and clicking are fine and I do them both very Very well and beat veteran keybinders.

You'll continue to chant at me at how im worse for it, but the numbers on WoL and recount don't lie. Its hard to believe, I know it is, but its true. I'll always have people say its wrong, but I know I have the skills with clicking to hang with some amazing people who do keybind.
    Technically, you could still be worse than you otherwise would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    How do you simultaneously activate an ability with the mouse and use the mouse to turn? (Note: Quickly clicking the ability than moving your mouse somewhere else to facilitate turning doesn't count, as that is not simultaneous)
    Should count, because it works (you're trying to move the goal posts).

If you ever saw me on a BG jumping around while healing with a 5 pack of warriors on me, you'll know I'm clicking!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account

What's funny is healing is probably the easiest thing you can do because you can get an addon (which also gimps you) that just takes clicking on to cast a heal. You don't play with high level players and beat them in dps and in pvp as a clicker, I'm sorry. Either they aren't as good as you think or you're just not being truthful. I'm not trying to insult you but these are the facts. You sound exactly the same as everyone else who's been clicking for a long time and has gotten fully used to it. I used to beat people too and did the most dps in my small little world made up of a few friends and guildies. But then I started binding and as I look back at those days I facepalm.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    However, by looking at Kevyne vs Rinoa conversation, I guess people are speak about slightly different things. There is no need to forget that healers have to work directly with raid frames most of the time, while other roles interact more with actual environment.
    That is kind of obvious, but those who are so biased to assume keybinds work 100% of the time, always AND THAT'S A FACT, won't notice it.

I explained it enough times that a healer uses a healbox as it offers many functions that keybinds alone can't help with. There's really complex keybinds that can be used with it, but they are only suitable in fights where a healer can stand still. The keybinds these advocates like to talk about are already programmed in the healbox. I can have 6 functions with one mouse click that way. But now with raids more like FPS style deathmatches, stopping to use multikey keybinds would prove to be deadly.

Keybinding is really, undoubtedly waaay superior to clicking

Only exception is perhaps for changing targets, but for using skills there is just no single reason to click.

Yes I was a clicker when I was a noob. Started to use keybinds and the game just changed for me.

Yes in PvE. I do both and it affects PvE too
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2012-12-04 at 05:57 AM.

What's funny is healing is probably the easiest thing you can do because you can get an addon (which also gimps you) that just takes clicking on to cast a heal. You don't play with high level players and beat them in dps and in pvp as a clicker, I'm sorry. Either they aren't as good as you think or you're just not being truthful. I'm not trying to insult you but these are the facts. You sound exactly the same as everyone else who's been clicking for a long time and has gotten fully used to it. I used to beat people too and did the most dps in my small little world made up of a few friends and guildies. But then I started binding and as I look back at those days I facepalm.
    Im sorry you don't believe me. Or is it you don't want to? I don't play with lowbie rankings. Ive seen bad. I know what bad is. I have done tests on keybinds and clicking and saw NO difference in my dps. Thus, why I dont keybind to dps. There is no solid fact, or prove that keybinding is better other then opinions. And, in my experience, the opinion that keybinding is Much better, is flat out wrong. So continue to say you don't believe me. I know what the truth is, even if you don't. The truth is, after countless tests in different situations, there is NO difference what so ever. With that, I click / keybind. Keybind cds, click core abilities. The only time I would dare say keybindings absolutely makes a difference, is keybinding cds. Any other situation, such as clicking core abilitites vs keybinding them. There is no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually keybind my prospecting into macros lol. Faster that way.
    I usually just move them onto one of my keybinds when I use them, as it does speed it up quite a bit, but obviously is useless for combat, heh. Of course, every once in a while, I end up trying to mill the boss instead of using plague strike, but you figure you forgot to put it back pretty quick XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post

Only exception is perhaps for changing targets, but for using skills there is just no single reason to click.

Yes I was a clicker when I was a noob. Started to use keybinds and the game just changed for me.
    Not really sure how else you can change targets other than clicking. Tab is a piece of shit and unless you go through the effort of making target macros for mobs you pretty much need to click them. But I did do the macro thing for spine because you really needed to start spamming the tendons as quick as possible, even if it is just .1 second that combined over 17 people made a kill or wipe difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post

Exactly. And clicking targets is fine, you can use the player name plates for better target switching along with the normal tab and also arena1,2,3 macros etc.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Should count, because it works (you're trying to move the goal posts).

If you ever saw me on a BG jumping around while healing with a 5 pack of warriors on me, you'll know I'm clicking!
    Your method of healing needs 4 inputs as opposed to the 2 required by moseover/clickhealing, how can someone in their right mind think it's more efficient. Also mouseover/clickhealing doesn't stop you from straight out selecting a target and just using your keybinds while moving with 100% precision. Your method of healing is just subpar and inefficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's funny is healing is probably the easiest thing you can do because you can get an addon
    You weren't on that thread last week with the poll of the hardest role to play well.

We have a healbox because unlike tanks and DPS we raid monitor. While you guys are concentrating on the boss and adds, we watch the players in the instance. To do so effectively we have an addon to watch health and detrimentals, in that process is how we heal.

It's tougher to play a healer because we have to maintain a totally separate addon, and repair what too many DPS neglect...their own lives (often neglected to over reliance on those very keybinds!!!).

i find blind klicking hard, blind keypressing - not so much. after all i dont concentrate so much on buttons but on the action. who likes to stand in those pesky voids after all?
    i suppose with grandmaster korean level of mousehandling you could compare to an average keybind user.

also please anyone who asumes klicking to be on par with keybinding for dps:
    can you tell me of anyone in the top10 25mann guilds worldwide in the last 3 tiers, who was a klicker? thats like 10x(25-2-6)=170 people not including benched players that actually matter and compare in terms of skill. you and them? no you dont compare, im sorry. first in you schools science project and first man on the moon dont compare either. now please come forward, anyone? no one? thought so. even IF you would miracoulsly found one, it would still amout to less than 1%, making him an exception to the rule, therefore making the possibility that there was an error in evaluation, communication or perception on your part highly likely. and even IF there was no such error, it would still be less than 1%, making him a freak of nature so to speak (no offense meant here) and not a viable role model whose methods can simply be copied.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2012-12-04 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Not really sure how else you can change targets other than clicking. Tab is a piece of shit and unless you go through the effort of making target macros for mobs you pretty much need to click them. But I did do the macro thing for spine because you really needed to start spamming the tendons as quick as possible, even if it is just .1 second that combined over 17 people made a kill or wipe difference.
    In Arenas healers keybind everything and pretty much do stuff with macros without ever touching the frames. But for raids / bgs it's impossible because there are so many players

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Your method of healing needs 4 inputs as opposed to the 2 required by moseover/clickhealing, how can someone in their right mind think it's more efficient. Also mouseover/clickhealing doesn't stop you from straight out selecting a target and just using your keybinds while moving with 100% precision. Your method of healing is just subpar and inefficient.
    4 inputs? Nope.

Keep trying to advocate what you don't understand.

100% movement precision? Like WoW has mechanics that it's even needed. Get back to me when standing in the purple goo one shots you, again (DPS will be crying to the cows come home for that change, as they're head is down into the keybinds oblivious to getting killed). Healers don't say, "Don't stand in the fire!" just because. -_-