Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I've been talking about healing from the first post!
    You have been, but my post wasn't necessarily directed at you lol

as a clicker if you want a performance gain down any one of the addons that activate button press on down instead of up...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyoff View Post
    Unless your in the top 5% (pve or pvp) of the WoW community the difference in your performance whether your clicking all, clicking some binding some or binding all of your abilities, is almost negligible. I'm somewhere in the middle personally, there's no way on earth I could bind my entire action bar, especially on my hunter, but each to his own.
    No, even if you do nothing but quest...the game will feel so much better, you'll feel like a much better player (because you'll be one), you'll feel like you can now work on everything else to maximize your dps or pvp skill because you don't need to worry about your buttons. This is where the game really begins and when it becomes much more enjoyable. Meters really don't matter much anymore because you're almost maxing yourself out.

In pvp when a mage casts a spell I don't look down to my abilities and look for my spell reflect macro to click...or if you don't use macros... my shield, 1h, and then reflect button, at which point he just got 37 casts off. My finger automatically goes "G, G, G, G, G, G, G, G, G, G, G" without even thinking. You can't expect to interrupt anything quickly if you have to look down at your bars first.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Now I see why so many are just horrible at gaming. At no time in PvP or PvE will clicking be as good as or better than keybinds. Sure you can get by as a clicker but your performance will always be lower than if you keybind.

I've been talking about healing from the first post!
    Even for healers keybinding is superior to clicking.

Yes my main spec is healing and I approve this message

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    as a clicker if you want a performance gain down any one of the addons that activate button press on down instead of up...
    Snowfall Keypress. But you don't need it anymore, there is an interface option in WoW that will do it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the situation really and what would you take into account. For example:
    - Movement I do with my mouse (got middle button tied to walking backwards)
    - Abilities are keybound, got a G11 Logitech and have 18 keys for 'most used' abilities.
    - Healing is done with Clique so that basically means clicking :P Can't imagine keybind healing anyway...
    - Targeting is done with both, tabbing and clicking. Clicking when picking a specific target, tab when cycling through targets.

In the end it's basically about what feels best for you. I think that perhaps in PVP, keybinds have an edge over clickers, but in PVE it's not that big a deal really, as long as you have one hand on the mouse and one hand on the keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    It's already an option in the UI. And execution on click will be a big performance increase, as soon as button is clicked can move to another action.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Now I see why so many are just horrible at gaming. At no time in PvP or PvE will clicking be as good as or better than keybinds. Sure you can get by as a clicker but your performance will always be lower than if you keybind.
    BS! In PVE it's not that much of a difference and for healers clicking is the best option even...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post

Yes my main spec is healing and I approve this message
    If you're not very agile, yeah, keybind.

Those who are very agile, clicking isn't a problem.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It is not, what feels best for you is what matters. Healing a 25 man raid is easier when you can click the unit frames with the desired spell. I know a lot of people that feel more mobile using mouse for clicking the heals and moving with keyboard in the meantime.

Besides, the title is a bit stupid again, there is no need to define a method as good or bad. Just stating pros and cons would have sufficed really.
    Last edited by velde046; 2012-12-04 at 07:10 AM.

No good things come for clicking, people saying that its more safe to click big cooldowns because i might pop it is just wrong tbh. Besides you can always but your keybinds so the big cooldowns isnt near the "spam spells".

People that have been clicking for ages should just make a transition phase, what i did back in vanilla when i was a clicker for the first yaer or so. First you start with a few keybinds, then you expand it to 5-10 buttons, then another 5-10 and so on. You only expand when you know them 110% and dont think about your keybinds anymore. People that go from being a clicker into keybinding 50 spells+ is only gonna perform worse, and go back to being fulltime clicker.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    BS! In PVE it's not that much of a difference and for healers clicking is the best option even...
    Um really? Healing requires constant target changing, and I do not get how
    move to raidframe-click target-move to skill icon - click
    is best option over
    click target(with mouse)-click skill(with keybind)

Keybinding eliminates moving mouse.

+ Clicking hampers movement

Deleted
    If I need it in combat, it's bound.
    Clicking professions, mounts, flasks/foodbuff, hearthstone etc.

If you'd had ever healed in arena, even at 1600+ only, you'd have all your heals keybound..

So to transition, you'd click the unit frames with all your heals keybound.. As good as using Healbot, only surpassed by using mouseover macros

Its actually not. I think you have the misconception that clicking your separate hot bar buttons and using a mod like clique+mouseover macros are the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineK View Post
    I am a clicker, its always going to be slower to click. Even if we always have to wait for cooldows and know where to click next.

After playing games for over 30 years with movement on arrowkeys it would take me years to learn keybinds. I do good in most cases, somewhere I do suffer from being a clicker are high movement fights, I cannot compete with a keybinder if I have to run and make attacks at the same time, I do mouse turn but move with arrows.

Thare are no benefit with being a clicker, but it aint so bad as many keybinders make it out to be, I whoop most of them big time in raids aswell as in pvp.

Something I found funny are that when I play healer I keybind my heals but never as tank or dps roles
    One thing you can do, is get a mouse with more than the standard 3 buttons, and use those extra buttons as movement buttons.

I use one as my Mumble/Ventrilo push to talk key, and the other as my auto walk key. Give it a whirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not very agile, yeah, keybind.

Those who are very agile, clicking isn't a problem.
    It's not about being agile, it's about being able to move and pay attention while you heal or dps. And for the record, there's no agility required in clicking, especially since it's a lot slower than binds. You set your buttons to a gigantic and ugly size and click away. It's a major inconvenience.

Deleted
    Complete claptrap.

Nearly all I play is pve, moving away from being a clicker was the biggest performance increase I've ever made. I feel like I need a wash just thinking about clicking, so inefficient.

I don't mind if people click, but don't go pretending that it's not a disadvantage - it's a massive liability in raiding.

There's literally zero positives about clicking, though feel free to try and make some up, all I see is "clicking isn't so bad" as a defense, which just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Its actually not. I think you have the misconception that clicking your separate hot bar buttons and using a mod like clique+mouseover macros are the same.
    I guess that's main misconception in conversation here. When one person says he clicks to heal and it works good, everyone else starts assuming he literally clicks on raid frame, then click on spell or smth like this.