Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    The reason you are saying something like this is because you never used keybinds before....
    I've used them before, but I will not get bogged down with them. For a healer they're even detrimental. DPS can miss, if I do, players die.

Occam's Razor applies.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

It's nothing about agility - It's SCIENTIFICALLY impossible to ever click faster than keybind(Unless time passes slower for you).

Assume healing situation - We both want to change target and heal it. Assume we both clicked at the target at the same time.
    Now, you would move your mouse to healing icon - while I can click the key almost simultaneously.
    So what it means? - I would start casting by the time you lift your finger. And we know that we are not living in different time, right?

I repeat. It's IMPOSSIBLE to click faster than keybind. At least while changing target. It you can come up with any scientific explanation then please do so.
    Some full clickers have gone a step further to make clicking easier for them and have bars on each and every frame. So in the event of a druid you would have what... 6 or 7 bars on every frame so that you will be faster though I could never do that because of the clutter it would cause but I know some who do.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    ALT+F is easy to reach without looking?

BS, and you know it.

Such keybinds are made for someone who has the time to stand still to use that combo (for that dude, being a Ret) or bought a G15 type keyboard with banks of macro keys.

Expecting everyone to invest in $100 keyboards to play for some ideal, is like me requiring you to use a $200 headset with amplifier to play WoW (because the pros do).
    Using ALT+F is very easy to use while moving and looking(?)
    If you have to look at your keyboard while playing you are doing it wrong. It's easy if you get used to keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Some full clickers have gone a step further to make clicking easier for them and have bars on each and every frame. So in the event of a druid you would have what... 6 or 7 bars on every frame so that you will be faster though I could never do that because of the clutter it would cause but I know some who do.
    Not sure what you are saying. If you are talking about mouseover or clickcasts they don't really fit in this debate because they are just alternate form of keybinding

10+ Year Old Account
    This probably isn't scientific... But what about muscle-memory?

You get used to where your fingers are on the keyboard and what keys abilities are mapped to. You don't have to take your eyes off the centre of your screen to look for the right ability button to click. I guess that could help with situational awareness.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I should've just linked that or something similar instead of replying a million times, lol. It's just so frustrating to see so many people think that clicking is totally fine.
    Clicking is totally fine people should have the choice to play how they want to play. Your not paying their subs aren't you?

That person is free to click all he or she wants as long as the person isn't a liability and still pull there weight in raids, pvp or the likes.

I have seen bad clickers but I also have seen good clickers.
    Just as I have seen bad key binders and good key binders.

Of source there might be differences if you play melee,ranged or healer.

My personal experiences:
    In WoW went back from full key binds to semi key binds mainly because during raids it just puts to much strain on my wrists and joints. The fights and the abilities became way to spammy (fps style) compared to classic and TBC.

Even when I started in classic as a clicker I never keyboard turned ever I dont know where that prejudge is coming from.

In Aion and Rift I semi keybind as well.

In Tera and GW2 however its full keybind those games feel less spammy and more CD based (or at least the classes I played there). Tera had an active lock on/aiming system system so there wasn't no tabtargeting present there.

When I compare my keybind days with some days when I do click( if my joints lockup, and there's no available replacement at that time) I do notice to be less tunnel visioned at boss fights as a clicker then when I keybind.
    Might be the because your forced to move your eyes around the screen more often and more faster then when you do keybind.

Don't really know how to explain it. Compare it to looking straight ahead when standing at a traffic light and from the corner from your eyes you see it turn green even when your not focusing your eyes on that traffic light.

Its just a personal thing I noticed might be different for other people :3

Sure if you compare 2 people with equal skill, gear, class the keybinder might have a more easier job and pull ahead more easily. But its not a guarantee I have seen key binders or and even top dps fail horribly on the most simplistic boss mechanics for ages. While at the same time I have seen clickers do fine.

Not sure what you are saying. If you are talking about mouseover or clickcasts they don't really fit in this debate because they are just alternate form of keybinding
    Not sure what they are called...but it's literaly a bar frame on every player frame that has spots for your spells that directly target that player the frame is on

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Not sure what they are called...but it's literaly a bar frame on every player frame that has spots for your spells that directly target that player the frame is on
    So some addon that puts spell icons on raid frames?

So some addon that puts spell icons on raid frames?
    yes castable icons.... when I saw his screenshot he had 8 buttons on every raid frame that auto targeted that player.

Well clicking is a bit slower and the real issue I have with it clicking is almost always combined with keyboard turning. Now some ppl for whatever reasons cannot keybind and macro things or if they can it comes at a cost of them not being able to keep up. So for that person clicking might be better overall it is not. Say you put Kevin James in track shoes and Usain Bolt in high heels. Bolt is still going to win a foot race. That doesn't mean that we should all run in high heels. So sure some ppl can do things faster using a method that many would not, it doesn't mean that the masses should switch to it either.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Muscle memory - when you use keybinds, you could play blindfolded. I can do "usual rotations" on all of my chars without even at the game (though this might me taken as a disadvantage as it might promote "lazy playing" in some people). I also have similiar abilities on all of my chars on same binds - interrupts on one bind, taunts on another, aoe on another etc. so I don't accidentally push a wrong bind (e.g. if I press ctrl+4, i know I'm taunting, ctrl+3 = interrupt).
    Last edited by mmocef366ff7e8; 2012-12-04 at 10:45 AM.

Clicking will always result in less APM than keybinds. A clicker can say "Oh, but I'm so used to clicking now, so it goes really fast!". However, if you'd take the time to just learn keybinds it'd deffo be better and faster. Try to imagine having to click all the letters while you type, rather than using the keyboard.

You realize you can bind your scroll wheel right? Mouse wheel Scroll up, Mouse wheel scroll down, CTRL+Mouse wheel scroll up, CTRL+Mouse wheel scroll down, etcetc.

I have a G500 logitech mouse and I have basically everything keybinded besides my professions. There is absolutely no way you can click faster than I can scroll the mouse wheel up or down, sorry. I have about 40 abilities binded to my mouse alone. I try to stay away from the keyboard.

Not only that, I can mouse turn (Which is roughly 400% faster, since I can do a 720 spin while jumping with the mouse while I can barely do a 180 with the keyboard in a jump) while mouse wheel scrolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You realize you can bind your scroll wheel right? Mouse wheel Scroll up, Mouse wheel scroll down, CTRL+Mouse wheel scroll up, CTRL+Mouse wheel scroll down, etcetc.

I have a G500 logitech mouse and I have basically everything keybinded besides my professions. There is absolutely no way you can click faster than I can scroll the mouse wheel up or down, sorry. I have about 40 abilities binded to my mouse alone. I try to stay away from the keyboard.

Not only that, I can mouse turn (Which is roughly 400% faster, since I can do a 720 spin while jumping with the mouse while I can barely do a 180 with the keyboard in a jump) while mouse wheel scrolling.
    while i can't argue with using the mouse, that will always be faster, when going against someone using the keyboard for keybinds I honestly can never tell the difference, until recently my abilities always were scattered across the screen and i clicked and even then i was beating the GCD to each ability i needed next so really i don't think it matters as much as people think it does. as long as you know where everything is like the back of your hand you can get the same results regardless. (plus you can lock your actionbars easily and misclicks are pretty much the same as fatfingering so still no difference.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You're not supposed to dps during attenuation, you're supposed to run with the pattern, so that you don't get hit.
    What? I maintain my full blown DPS rotation while avoiding the rings. My DPS dont skip a beat, but im melee so I can maintain full DPS while moving.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    while i can't argue with using the mouse, that will always be faster, when going against someone using the keyboard for keybinds I honestly can never tell the difference, until recently my abilities always were scattered across the screen and i clicked and even then i was beating the GCD to each ability i needed next so really i don't think it matters as much as people think it does. as long as you know where everything is like the back of your hand you can get the same results regardless. (plus you can lock your actionbars easily and misclicks are pretty much the same as fatfingering so still no difference.)
    You can't have the same movement while clicking, and you will have really slow reaction time to procs if you click your abilities.
    I'm pretty sure I would see a difference between a clicker and a person who are using keybinds if you put them up against the same encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You're not supposed to dps during attenuation, you're supposed to run with the pattern, so that you don't get hit.
    This is the mindset of a clicker.
    Put a clicker vs a "keybinder" on this fight for example and you will see the difference.
    Last edited by xrayEU; 2012-12-04 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Same mouse I use, but for the scroll button I have it bound to Cleanse. Don't like the side buttons as it doesn't allow a firm grip to the mouse while moving. I really liked the R.A.T. 7 mouse as I could tailor it to my very small hands (and it had a pinkie shield to grip the mouse securely to use the various buttons), but it has no onboard memory and lags. That was the best mouse I found so far, built for abuse, custom hand fit, multiple surfaces...just no memory.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    If you're clicking, it means you're having to look at your action bars.
    If you're having to look at your action bars, it means you're not able to look at your surroundings as well.
    If you have to click your abilities, it means you can't turn with your mouse, which brings us on to a whole different subject.
    Keyboard turning is damn slow, especially if you need to quick change target to something behind you.

A lot of people are saying "I've been clicking for years and done fine" etc etc. I think the key word there is 'fine'. I'm not saying everyone has to try their best to become amazing at their classes, but limiting yourself like this, just because you can't be bothered to change is just stupid.

Fact is, it doesn't matter how long you've been a clicker for, it won't take any longer than a few days to be completely used to keybinds and mouse-turning and then you'll laugh at yourself for being a clicker for so long, trust me, it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Clicking is faster. Assuming you set up your ui so your core abilities are arranged near each other.
    This is nonsense. Clicking can never be faster, cos you still have to move your damn cursor around.

Honestly I can't think of any reason why it's good to click abilities rather then bind them.

It's slower in every way to click

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."