Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If we talk wow-clicking, i would say clicking may come in handy if you, like me, isnt used to keybinding more ''hardcore'' stuff, i use 1234, V, shift+1,2,3 and S and W forexample mostly. But if you have more rarer spells, that may come in handy rarely, i would say it isnt impossible to manage this with a mouse.
    Im a clicker when it comes to mounting, proffesions and some rarely used spells

I honestly can't think of anything that clicking is better for, besides healing but that's just the nature of the beast for that. Even then you have binds that you press while hovering over certain raid frames so I don't know if you can really even call that clicking.

You might want to find something else to write about since I don't think you'll be able to find any counter argument for your paper, at least enough to really write a paper on.

Deleted
    I can't think of any situation where it's more beneficial to click than it is to use binds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainec View Post
    I am a veteran clicker. I make use of no keybinds or spell bar addons, except the "=" key for mounting up.

Personally, I know I have a huge disadvantage, especially at pvp, but in general, I think I still click because I have been doing it since I began playing. Don't fix what isn't broken, so to speak, especially since I do better than most people with my class/gear anyway.

That's all I have, sorry.

Edit: I forgot to ask, what level of clicking are we talking? Keyboard turning or mouse/keyboard hybrid? I would be the latter.
    People always have this argument but the fact is you will do better, not maybe but you will, it isn't as apparent in pve as it is in pvp though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    How much of your normal dps are you able to preform during attenuation on vizier?
    i'm not a raider. never have been, never will be, never want to be. i do the odd dungeon every now and then with my friends, but that's really as far as my grouping goes. i like to quest and do other things, lore and stuff.

Well, been playing this game for almost six years now, clicked the first 2 or 3 years and played the real way since. I forced myself to learn it, took a couple weeks to really got comfy with it and I picked up a Naga not long after and it was basically like learning it all over again. But, nonetheless, it was worth it, and there aren't really any advantages to clicking. The only abilities I click are things not related to combat at all, like opening my professions and character sheet, which are technically bound but in a place uncomfortable enough on the keyboard as I have a lot of binds that I just click 'em open instead. But clicking in any combat situation of any kind is just putting yourself at a huge disadvantage.

Deleted
    as a player with a lock main it makes me laugh when people give me abuse for being a `clicker`......theres a little couple of things called cooldowns? and channeling? which means it doesnt matter how fast I was with keybinds it would not affect my performence.....for example it doesnt matter how fast I am to click shadow bolt its still got to cast the spell, we are talking microseconds of difference anyway as long as you have the main abilities you use grouped together then you have no issues as a clicker,

Keybinds: faster, takes accustomization
    Clicking: easier, more flexible

Deleted
    I've even Archeology keybinded so I can't really imagine what could be the pros about clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    I can't think of any situation where it's more beneficial to click than it is to use binds.
    Clicking is faster. Assuming you set up your ui so your core abilities are arranged near each other.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    as a player with a lock main it makes me laugh when people give me abuse for being a `clicker`......theres a little couple of things called cooldowns? and channeling? which means it doesnt matter how fast I was with keybinds it would not affect my performence.....for example it doesnt matter how fast I am to click shadow bolt its still got to cast the spell, we are talking microseconds of difference anyway as long as you have the main abilities you use grouped together then you have no issues as a clicker,
    But as you are using your mouse to click your spells you can't use it to look around which decreases your awareness
    and will almost almost result in either you doing less DPS because you aren't prepared when something happens or you just
    flat out getting killed by something very obvious.

Clicking = Single core processor
    Keybinds = Multicore processor

Sure single core and perform just as well as a multicore processor in certain situations but
    if there is any kind of multitasking required the multicore processor will always come on top.

the only advantage of clicking is that it's simple to learn and get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    So, you're able to drop Shadow Fury instantly? Do your full rotation while moving accurately (e.g., Attenuation)? Effectively multidot? These are just PvE considerations. A clicker won't last a second in PvP. You're fighting other players that are performing leaps and bounds better than you. That says a lot about how effective clicking is in any environment.

15+ Year Old Account
    A clicker cannot react as fast as he would if he bound stuff. Also, he cannot effectively cast spells and move compared to having stuff bound.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Because people tend to find a way to misclick their keybinds and use the wrong spell.

DPS binding taunt? Sooner or later they'll kill themselves during tauntable bosses or trash.
    Binding your potions and CD? Oops you just wasted them on a trash pull right before the boss.
    BoP bound to tab? Oops, now you just bop'd the tank.

Plus, if you keybind stuffs with shift, you'll realize it's faster (and much less strain on your pinky. seriously, how many people can click shift 3 times a minute during a raid and not go nuts?) to click than to move your pinky over to shift then use the keybind.
    And believe me, if you wish to keybind everything to a reachable distance, ctrl is not enough.

There's also situations where you can't use a keybind. As a tank where the dps always go nuts on the initial pull or the healers are pulling insane threat from healing, you have to instantly find the mob that's breaking off and click him so you can taunt it back. Not a fast and accurate clicker? Well, too bad for you, and your group.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2012-12-03 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Clicking is faster. Assuming you set up your ui so your core abilities are arranged near each other.
    If clicking is faster, then something is terribly wrong with ones keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    Because people tend to find a way to misclick their keybinds and use the wrong spell.

DPS binding taunt? Sooner or later they'll kill themselves during tauntable bosses or trash.
    Binding your potions and CD? Oops you just wasted them on a trash pull right before the boss.

Plus, if you keybind stuffs with shift, you'll realize it's faster to click than to move your pinky over to shift then use the keybind.
    And believe me, if you wish to keybind everything to a reachable distance, ctrl is not enough.
    The mistakes you do when you keybind will go away over time, for some it might take longer to memorize their keybinds. and using modifiers is still faster than clicking. It might not be necessary to keybind everything you have. You can still click when you keybind. Personally, I don't keybind any of my cooldowns, and vast majority of other spells I have.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-03 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    If clicking is faster, then something is terribly wrong with ones keybinds.
    Cerebral palsy or something similar in hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post

Plus, if you keybind stuffs with shift, you'll realize it's faster to click than to move your pinky over to shift then use the keybind.
    Ctrl is far more cumbersome than Shift in my opinion tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    People always have this argument but the fact is you will do better
    No.

After a switch from clicking to keybinds there is a transition-period where you'll perform worse than before. For some people that period lasts longer than for others, it can be smoothed, etc, but the fact is that switching to keybinds will initially hurt your performance.

Is that worth it? Depends how much time/effort you invest in the game - how casual you are.

My ilvl is 453, after hitting 90 in less than a week, so you can imagine how rarely I do a dungeon - and can't even get into LFR. I have everything keybound, but if I were a clicker, it would make no sense for me to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Ctrl is far more cumbersome than Shift in my opinion tbh.
    You can hit ctrl with the palm of your hand with some practice.

Try place an aoe (Say flare, Blizzard etc) while running when you're clicking.

A simple example, do it now, and you'll see what I mean.

Not to mention spamming CD's for thoes tense moments requires keybinds. You react much faster if you bind things. Just look at RTS-players, you think they got time to click on that lumber mill inn the building menu? I can tell you keybinding is needet if you wanna react fast.

Edit: A good example is me playing Age of empires2, an old RTS game. Some days ago I had a friend look over my shoulder, wondering how I build so fast. Then the person relieased I wasen't clicking on things - I was using keybinds.

I know an RTS is not an MMO, but it can still compare as a decent example.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-03 at 08:48 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO