Thread: Atrius speaks!

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852

    Atrius speaks!

    Some upcoming Buffs and Fixes for 2.1
    We have been working on a couple things over the last few days and wanted to let you all know some changes coming to the Warriors in 2.1, which is just around the corner.

    There have been several bug fixes, these are just some of the ones I have seen talked about here.
    Electricity Blast - Only able to be used by one member of a raid. This will be fixed in 2.1
    Hardened Defenses - Giving too low of a bonus. This will be fixed in 2.1
    Accord of Power - Duration is not increased with Energy Retention. This will be fixed in 2.1
    Empowerment - Not giving the enhanced Endurance buff. This will be fixed in 2.1
    Unstable Reaction - Not generating Aggro properly. This will be fixed in 2.1.

    We will also be adding in a few buffs.
    Void Knight - Will be getting another 5% bonus to Endurance.
    Tank Mitigation - Warrior tank mitigation currently seems to be about 10% behind the Cleric and the Rogue. We have been looking into this and will have it fixed for 2.1.
    Paragon Damage - This is currently behind by a significant amount, it will be buffed for 2.1.

    We are also looking into other issues and these will not be the only changes. I just wanted to give you all a preview of some of what to expect.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...xes-2-1-a.html


    This is for all you seething warriors

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 03:14 PM ----------

    How do you feel about having to wait for a patch. when this could be a hotfix? this is getting silly now.
    Last edited by Nykolas; 2012-11-29 at 03:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Given that they're talking about 2.1 in twitter and that there's other underlying issues that the raiding community is parsing for Atrius, I think the wait won't be all that long and if its of any real length will allow them to identify other issues and get them out at the same time.

    While I don't currently play a warrior and so don't quite have the same seething as others, at least there's signs of work being done - that's as important as anything in my mind.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    I don't play warrior either, but the state they have been put in is obvious to everyone. Fixes like these are hotfix worthy.

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    How do you feel about having to wait for a patch. when this could be a hotfix? this is getting silly now.
    I don't think the next patch is far off since it will mostly consist of content/loot updates for the fae Yule event to reflect SL.

    My call is the patch will be out next week.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I don't think the next patch is far off since it will mostly consist of content/loot updates for the fae Yule event to reflect SL.

    My call is the patch will be out next week.
    Do you not think that's a bit soon for a patch, i know Trion like to pump out the content but it feels like a whole patch just one month after launch is a bit too quick? especially considering the size of storm legion.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I don't think the next patch is far off since it will mostly consist of content/loot updates for the fae Yule event to reflect SL.

    My call is the patch will be out next week.
    Wednesday the 12th December for NA, 13th for EU, I call it!
    Last edited by Seatin; 2012-12-05 at 03:00 PM.
    My Youtube Channel for RIFT Guides/Endgame Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/user/Seatinmanoflegends

  7. #7
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Wednesday the 12th of November for NA, 13th for EU, I call it!
    December, you mean :P
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Why playing an MMORPG is like dating
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Wednesday the 12th of November for NA, 13th for EU, I call it!
    Wow, Seatin is really being negative here. Man, all this time I thought you had more faith in Trion. Apparently it's going to take a year before we see our first patch?

    Of course, you meant December. That sounds about right. They'll test a few things out, add a few enhancements and give folk a chance to test it out, but I don't see 2.1 taking more than a few weeks to be released.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Wednesday the 12th of November for NA, 13th for EU, I call it!
    I think you think this is cataclysm

  10. #10
    This still does not mean I or many others are going back to playing a warrior. Atrius beat the ever loving shit out of champion and Paragon with a nerf bat in 1.11, then did it again and again hot fix after hotfix, then beat Paragon again just the other day. He removed Tempest survivability completely.

    All this is going to do is be more over compensation and end up getting nerfed. Notice how not a damn thing has been put on the PTS and they are talking about probably massive sweeping changes on the 12th? This is more of his "My way or the high way" type of development.

    12 days to figure out how bad he screwed up? Fuck that. Staying mage and happy as hell. btw not going to praise him for doing his job. If he starts to act like Kevrick, then he gets my praise for being interactive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Wednesday the 12th of November for NA, 13th for EU, I call it!
    Pretty sure warriors will be broken until Nov 2013. Sounds like a good prediction.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 2012-11-29 at 04:07 PM.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  11. #11
    Yeah. yeah. I read the thread. Atrius promised the same before and each iteration was for the worse of the Warrior's tank callings.

    Until Atrius tells us how & what he is going to be doing to Void Knight [the absorbs are really lacking] and overall tank souls EHP, I'll take all this with a grain of salt.

    Or at least wait till the next major dip in the roller coaster of terrible class design that is Warrior tanking.

    Buffs/nerfs also will not change the awful class mechanics of Warrior souls in SL. Probably the worst MMORPG Warrior archetype right now.

  12. #12
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Wednesday the 12th of November for NA, 13th for EU, I call it!
    To late, next Wednesday. I'll bet you 5 Empyrium planar dust! (Warriors will scream bloody murder if they have to wait until the 2nd week of December)

    That is to short of time span for the holiday event to go live. The event was already going this time last year FYI.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Well atleast GBTV has something interesting to talk about on the sanctum.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yeah. yeah. I read the thread. Atrius promised the same before and each iteration was for the worse of the Warrior's tank callings.

    Until Atrius tells us how & what he is going to be doing to Void Knight [the absorbs are really lacking] and overall tank souls EHP, I'll take all this with a grain of salt.

    Or at least wait till the next major dip in the roller coaster of terrible class design that is Warrior tanking.

    Buffs/nerfs also will not change the awful class mechanics of Warrior souls in SL. Probably the worst MMORPG Warrior archetype right now.
    This is my problem. If there are class sweeping changes coming, then why is 2.1 not on the pts right this second? This is my core issue with Atrius. He ask for feedback, but it is more of a "I know what I am doing and will do whatever I want". I can promise you right now buff the shit out of Paragon like I bet he will and I can already guess a few exploit builds.

    I do not like being left out in the cold holding my dick guessing what the changes will be. That is why I gave up completely. Kevrik, Alinion, Zinbik specifically state x change will be done. Not some random crap that can mean anything.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 2012-11-29 at 04:17 PM.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  15. #15
    I meant December, talk about epic fail :<

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    To late, next Wednesday. I'll bet you 5 Empyrium planar dust! (Warriors will scream bloody murder if they have to wait until the 2nd week of December).
    Your on, I'm not to sure how you are going to transfer the dust to the EU region, so you might have to start levelling a character and grinding
    My Youtube Channel for RIFT Guides/Endgame Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/user/Seatinmanoflegends

  16. #16
    these changes are not enough. tempest is still miles behind (3-4k dps) mages/clerics. tanks are taking about 15-20% more damage then other classes (did tank comparisons during raid fights yesterday) and until they say exactly how paragon is improved/ what it should be doing, its hard to take this seriously. also basic abilities not doing what they should/ waiting until a major patch to fix them is simply ridiculous

  17. #17
    Dreadlord Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    843
    Atrius hasn't decided what he's doing to tanking yet, the vast majority of the issues are not actually Warriors being worse at mitigation, it's mobs ignoring the tooltip mitigation with certain abilities. The 10% mitigation comment was just to shut people up and does not actually reflect the reality of the changes that need to be made.
    The 5% Endurance modifier for VK is specific enough that it will actually happen or people will notice.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 2012-11-30 at 06:11 AM.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Do you not think that's a bit soon for a patch, i know Trion like to pump out the content but it feels like a whole patch just one month after launch is a bit too quick? especially considering the size of storm legion.
    Er ... how is the size of the expansion relevant? They are responding to the Warrior tanking soul's inability to currently be as effective as the other two by a margin of as much as 10%. That's a significant amount, almost enough to make them not viable or at the very least not preferred. So yeah, I don't see the problem with putting out a patch like this.

    Also, Fae Yule is a seasonal thing. Can't just skip that due to xpac timing. World doesn't stop spinning just because you're really busy :P

    If you wanted skill-based PvP, why didn't you start playing DotA?
    GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    Er ... how is the size of the expansion relevant? They are responding to the Warrior tanking soul's inability to currently be as effective as the other two by a margin of as much as 10%. That's a significant amount, almost enough to make them not viable or at the very least not preferred. So yeah, I don't see the problem with putting out a patch like this.

    Also, Fae Yule is a seasonal thing. Can't just skip that due to xpac timing. World doesn't stop spinning just because you're really busy :P
    They could have responded to the warrior issues in a hotfix, the size of the expansion is relevant because i know a lot of people who haven't even reached 60 yet because of the time it takes to level in Storm Legion, Releasing content too fast is bad because some people won't get to experience whats in the patch because everything is made for max level. Leaving warriors like this until a patch is only going to piss warriors off even more, they are broken now and want fixing now not in a patch. Fae yule is a seasonal thing yes, its like brew-fest or the Halloween events in WoW, do they require patching to be put in?
    Last edited by Nykolas; 2012-11-30 at 10:29 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by drtrann View Post
    these changes are not enough. tempest is still miles behind (3-4k dps) mages/clerics. tanks are taking about 15-20% more damage then other classes (did tank comparisons during raid fights yesterday) and until they say exactly how paragon is improved/ what it should be doing, its hard to take this seriously. also basic abilities not doing what they should/ waiting until a major patch to fix them is simply ridiculous
    I agree Warriors need a DPS buff big time but seems to me they are taking a page out of Ghostcrawler's handbook and trying class manipulation i.e making tanking better than DPS to get more players to play tank, which is exactly what was done in WoW, same with heal classes, all in order to speed up que times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •