Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For me it's the overly sharing posts that bug the shit out of me!

Just recently one person lost their dad, and I'll be the first to admit that it's sad, and I can't imagine the loss a person would feel, but stop posting that shit on facebook!

Yes I get that your Dad died.
    Yes I understand that it's horrible and that you miss him...

but I don't need weekly updates on your grief!

"It's been 2 weeks since you went, miss you more than ever"
    "It's been 3 weeks since we lost you"
    "Can't believe you're not here anymore"

What the hell are you meant to do with these posts?! "Like" them? There's only so many times you can write "I'm sorry for your loss"

And then if that weekly updates aren't bad enough the flowery / inspirational pictures with gushing text written by someone else you've highjacked to display your own grief!

It's Facebook, it's not therapy!

There....I feel better now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't dislike anything in particular about them, but what gets on my nerve are family members, particularly older ones. I've gotten to the point where I've put them all in one group and hide my statuses from them.

The people who post things even 4chan got bored of years ago thinking they're hilarious.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    The other one I REALLY HATE and want to say something sooo badly but I have to bite my tongue as it's is my cousin. She's really starting to make me angry. Everyday I have her constantly posting "I love my GF, she is my world blah blah blah blah" *vomit* and one post I saw today came up on my news feed which really made me angry was her ugly GF posted "4 months with my girl today, she's the girl of my dreams we're so in love blah blah blah" but that's not the worst part. My stupid little retard cousin then posts "Aww your adorable baby, happy 4 months booger... And yeh technically 4 months but f****ng for 7 aha ;p"
    So let me get this straight. You hate ('REALLY HATE', think it's 'REVOLTING') the fact that your cousin is in love and enjoying her life? And that she's posting about it on Facebook?

Yeah, that's basically it. You're getting angry and hating someone because she's in love and sharing it with people who she assumes would be happy for her. How petty and childish. You really need to sort out your priorities in life.

But no, I think we'll get to the heart of the issue with this quote.

I don't know what she's thinking but I don't think anyone would be seriously impressed by her airing her lesbian rubbish on facebook for the world to see.
    Hallo, homophobia. Oh no wait, you've clarified, you 'have nothing against gays and lesbians'. Oh well, that's ok then, because you said that. Except actions speak louder than words, and the fact that you had to turn off your computer and walk away in anger speaks volumes. You're homophobic. In your own language, you 'really hate' her and think she's 'revolting'.

Ask yourself this: if she was in a relationship with a man, would this bother you nearly as much? Be honest with yourself. I think you have some serious issues with hatred that you really need to address before it destroys your relationship with your cousin, if it hasn't already.

At the end of the day... She's happy. You're getting angry at her happiness. What gives you that right? And what on earth is your anger achieving?

To answer your actual topic: what do I dislike about my Facebook friends. Well, if I'm honest... Nothing. I enjoy listening to them, or at the very least am ambivalent towards them. Yeah, there's a couple of people on there who have gone baby-crazy, but if I was really bothered by it I'd either remove them from my friends or simply remove them from my news feed. That's a thing you can do without unfriending them, it's pretty useful.

But the people on my Facebook friends list are people who I've known over the years, and while I wouldn't want to talk to them every day, I still like to keep up to date with what's going on in their lives. At one point they were important to me, so that connection (even if we've grown apart) is still important to keep for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    Agree with CapM that most of them are not really my friends. I have quite a lot of people on facebook but I chat to like 10 - 15 at most.
    Isn't that your own fault for adding people you don't really know?

I agree with Insarius as well ... stupid shit, from friends/family ... or personal/private things you'd rather keep it that way.

Family members that constantly put that tired inspirational crap on their wall until you hide it. Angels and like if you love your mom and other bullshit like that.

Those damn game or app updates or invites.

I completely disagree with Nasriel's double standard ... unless they would feel *exactly* the same if a hetero couple said the same thing, then (in Penn's voice) I call Bullshit!.

I support people's love. I ignore it when I see a straight couple do it, I ignore it when a non-straight couple does it. It is equally meh to me. But I DO NOT discriminate like OP, and they need to work and find why they have this specified hate in their heart. At least they know they are that way ... and don't necessarily have to be comfortable with it ... but the extreme emotion, such as throwing a temper tantrum/hissy fit, turning off the computer and stomp off is terrible.

Put it this way OP ... it is a good thing, that she feels comfortable to be open with herself and her relationship. I've witnessed the torment and mental distress of a good friend who was a lesbian, trying to hide it for her whole life. Afraid to be herself. That is no way to live, and no one has the right to make anyone feel that way.

I hope if you do tell her off one day, she tells you how stupid and worthless your discrimination is, and that you are a poor excuse for 'family'.

As far as people airing their personal business, it is stupid. Facebook is the new fad, and people have no self control. Putting up pictures or being wasted, doing stupid shit, telling all their personal business, where they are, what they are doing, who they are doing it with ... it is fucking ridiculous imo ... but they have every right to do it ... and the government loves all the data they are collecting on the people as well. People are stupid, and this is the newest way for them to be stupid beyond belief. People were not as bad on MySpace.

Enjoy your bigotry, hope you get over the hate side of it that is controlling you. Bigots don't have to be hateful, ex: Archie Bunker, he was actually a decent guy.

For me, I got so sick of it, I just shut down my FaceBook ... if they want to get a hold of me, they can call or write an email/snailmail. No more hearing how you ate grilled cheese and had a shake with doofus mcginnis at mchurleys DGAF

One of my gfs mates that spams FB with pictures of her cats, there are at least 2-3 posts+photos EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I get it, you love your cats, but there is a line that separates normal people from spammers, and you crossed it a long time ago. There are a few other individuals that does my head in as well, but she is the #1.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    So let me get this straight. You hate ('REALLY HATE', think it's 'REVOLTING') the fact that your cousin is in love and enjoying her life? And that she's posting about it on Facebook?

Yeah, that's basically it. You're getting angry and hating someone because she's in love and sharing it with people who she assumes would be happy for her. How petty and childish. You really need to sort out your priorities in life.

But no, I think we'll get to the heart of the issue with this quote.

Hallo, homophobia. Oh no wait, you've clarified, you 'have nothing against gays and lesbians'. Oh well, that's ok then, because you said that. Except actions speak louder than words, and the fact that you had to turn off your computer and walk away in anger speaks volumes. You're homophobic. In your own language, you 'really hate' her and think she's 'revolting'.

Ask yourself this: if she was in a relationship with a man, would this bother you nearly as much? Be honest with yourself. I think you have some serious issues with hatred that you really need to address before it destroys your relationship with your cousin, if it hasn't already.

At the end of the day... She's happy. You're getting angry at her happiness. What gives you that right? And what on earth is your anger achieving?

To answer your actual topic: what do I dislike about my Facebook friends. Well, if I'm honest... Nothing. I enjoy listening to them, or at the very least am ambivalent towards them. Yeah, there's a couple of people on there who have gone baby-crazy, but if I was really bothered by it I'd either remove them from my friends or simply remove them from my news feed. That's a thing you can do without unfriending them, it's pretty useful.

But the people on my Facebook friends list are people who I've known over the years, and while I wouldn't want to talk to them every day, I still like to keep up to date with what's going on in their lives. At one point they were important to me, so that connection (even if we've grown apart) is still important to keep for me.
    No. That's not the point at all. She's in love. Cool but does she have to post about it SEVERAL TIMES A DAY?!?! That is what I have an issue with. I only used her as she's the only FB friend of mine that is constantly posting these OMG SO IN LOVE messages constantly, when she had a BF she also did that same crap with him until they broke up then it was constantly on about how her heart was broken never to mend again

No I am not homophobic. I don't care if you're gay, straight, lesbian. I don't want to know about if/how long you've been shagging someone. That's personal and not for the world to see on facebook -_-
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2012-12-04 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    snip
    Yeah I don't get why people need to broadcast that shit.

I mean yeah it's sad you lost a family member x amount of years ago, but Facebook doesn't need to know about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    No. That's not the point at all. She's in love. Cool but does she have to post about it SEVERAL TIMES A DAY?!?! That is what I have an issue with. I only used her as she's the only FB friend of mine that is constantly posting these OMG SO IN LOVE messages constantly, when she had a BF she also did that same crap with him until they broke up then it was constantly on about how her heart was broken never to mend again

No I am not homophobic. I don't care if you're gay, straight, lesbian. I don't want to know about if/how long you've been shagging someone. That's personal and not for the world to see on facebook -_-
    If it isn't relevant, why did you mention the orientation? You thought people here would agree because of that?

I hired this kid in high school to do some manual labor for a weekend because my work was short handed at the time and he FB friend-ed me afterwards. I was going to remove him but his posts about his relationships are too funny, he will get a girlfriend, and for a week, every day it's status' about how much he is in love. Then she breaks up with him and everyday for the week after, it's loooooong posts about how sorry he was for being stupid and that he needs to feel complete again. Then he finds a new girl, makes one last post about the old one saying that he's "so done with her" and that he doesn't need dumb bitches in his life. At this point the process starts over. I'm not exaggerating when I say this has probably happened about 15 times this year.

edit: Oh and I forgot to mention all his "gangsta" profile pics, but he's the whitest white boy to have ever been white.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's ALWAYS the ones that you "can't" delete. Oh why couldn't it be the friends that you barely keep in touch with!

One of my friends girlfriend always posts the most annoying shit, about how hes such a jerk and she should leave him, then changes her relationship status to single, and all her dopey friends comment saying "AWWW BABE! IM HERE 4 U! INBOX ME!". Then 5 minutes later she changes it to in a relationship and says how much she loves him and she'll never leave him, and of course then all her friends comment again, this time "AWWW GLAD THINGS WORKED OUT! GOOD 4 U BABE!". Even worse is he doesn't even realise they've even had a 'fight', let alone that shes gone all over Facebook until like hours later.

Another friends girlfriend is all against animal cruelty. Constantly posts pictures of how horribly animals get treated. Which yes, is bad. But opening Facebook and seeing that in the morning is not fun. Constantly posts links to petitions like anyone is actually gonna click or like they'll actually help if they do sign it.

And yeah then there's my uncle. The I HATE RELIGION SCIENCE IS KING! But he posts so much scientific facts and anti-christian stuff that turns out to be more annoying than the actual religious people. And yet his engaged to a woman who is heavily religious. And of course he's one of those people that if you called him out on it, he'd go off his head and I'd cause shit between my mum and him.

Then there's my aunt on the same side. Spouts so much crap about feminism. But then she posts pictures of pin-up girls from the 50s. Or worse, posts pictures of herself dressed in pin-up. Cause that's something I wanna see. And then after spouting feminism she post statuses about how hot Chris Hemsworth is. Makes total sense. And again, can't say anything or it'd just cause problems.

I also have a running joke that stay-at-home mums must have been reaaaaaaaaally bored and lonely before Facebook.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Isn't that your own fault for adding people you don't really know?

I agree with Insarius as well ... stupid shit, from friends/family ... or personal/private things you'd rather keep it that way.

Family members that constantly put that tired inspirational crap on their wall until you hide it. Angels and like if you love your mom and other bullshit like that.
    My mum came home from Australia a week ago.

"I miss you denise & chris"
    "Brrr, from 30 degrees to 2! so cold!"

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK MOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    If it isn't relevant, why did you mention the orientation? You thought people here would agree because of that?
    I honestly don't care if people agree with my annoyance. It was just the example of the person who was posting annoying things. I wasn't expecting people to get all self righteous (I should know better *rolleyes*) and start attacking me over my example.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

I have a friend that I had initially only invited for one of those silly Facebook app games, but ended up keeping her because we have similar interests. Quite often though she posts a list of chores she's done around the house, like do I really need to know you just cleaned the cat box? Her non-chore posts are nice to read, she's a lovely person, but sometimes I just want to unfriend her.

Other posts are religious/political posts that family members make on their wall, I realize they're not posting on my wall, but I get so tired of them. The "keep Christ in Christmas"is starting to crop up again since it is that time of the year and it's annoying. My uncle is a conservative Republican and the things/pictures he posted during the election was just cringe worthy.

I also had acquaintances that I grew up with that would post about their cheating boyfriend, constantly complain, terrible spelling/grammar to boot. I really couldn't handle the negativity, so I removed them. I try to be selective about who I friend, but sometimes you don't know what sort of tirades people are going to delve into tomorrow.

Facebook is wonderful in that I can keep in contact with my friends/family in Alaska when I'm across the country. Facebook is horrible in that I read some inner thoughts of people that I don't necessarily want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    ^this ...

You should've just said ... I hate it when my cousin talks about her love life constantly. I don't like that lovey-dovey crap. 'I love you' 20x times a day is silly.

The ones that do that, are young and immature usually ... but hey, they are in 'puppy-love' and that is a great thing ... and you tend to lose that giddyness as you get older. Let her enjoy it.

Best suggestion, change what you see from her. You have the option to control that ... and when you are feeling more generous, check her page, then you don't see it every hour, you just see the 20 things once every few days while you try to see anything else amidst all the lovey stuff.

As I put it, I feel similar as far as equally not caring about anyone's love, but I don't tell them to stfu, because although it is annoying, in the same I'm happy for them to have that ... just like I'm happy that my wife does lovey shit for me and I her, but I don't post it, and don't expect anyone else to care. I also don't care who is fucking who, when nor how often, man, woman, gay or straight.

I can say, you have the right to feel whatever you want, as in, you don't personally accept the gay lifestyle, but no reason to get mad at others, nor feel the need to impose or berate them ... peaceful co-existence and minding your own business is what true peace is all about, not all being the same.

Facebook flirting is the worst.

Especially when they FUCKING LIVE TOGETHER.

Also whenever a girl puts new pictures up, its filled with comments from other girls saying how pretty/sexy/gorgeous she is. Uh huh.

Otherwise, its mostly just amusing seeing poorly written pointless messages, petty bickering, whining over non-issues and general stupidity. And the occasional funny post or picture.

I hate those retards who post a huge declaration of data privacy, as if that somehow magically does something. /facepalm.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing I only have 21 of them, was at 275 but did a big Culling. The ones that remain are not fucking morons and my News feed is relatively free of dumbfuckery nowadays.

Deleted
    I'm annoyed by people who use Facebook apps because I have to keep blocking the apps they use.

I'm also very annoyed by those who insist on spamming stupid status updates. The other day I unfriended a guy I've known for years because quite frankly I can't be bothered having someone on my FB friend list who suddenly spams 30+ links to Ozzy Osbourne songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason why I turn facebook chat off.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup