Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    And what the media does has no bearing on the innocence or guilt of the defendant.

Your original statement of "It was obvious who was right and wrong when the media started using old pictures to manipulate people's perception." is patently false.
    Wouldn't need to do unless you wanted to hide something. Trayvon was an idiot thug wanna-be. Smashing someone's head off the pavement is attempted murder. You should be celebrating that a murderer was removed from this world before he could kill someone for street cred.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont see how

kid charges, hits zimmerman in the face, zimmerman manages to quickly pull out his fire arm and shoots. most people hit in the head tend to be disoriented, i dont see how he could quickly pull out his fire arm to shoot in self defense.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Wouldn't need to do unless you wanted to hide something. Trayvon was an idiot thug wanna-be. Smashing someone's head off the pavement is attempted murder. You should be celebrating that a murderer was removed from this world before he could kill someone for street cred.
    may I ask you what this kid was doing before being confronted by a man with a gun who was stalking him in a vehicle?

Trayvon was an idiot thug wanna-be. Smashing someone's head off the pavement is attempted murder.
    Proof, you don't have it.

Bloody nose = head smashed into the pavement? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    definite facts of the case

Zimmerman stalked this kid in a vehicle
    Zimmerman called police, the operator told him not to act, he did so any way
    he confronts the kid
    kid attacks zimmerman
    the kid was really not doing anything illegal or wrong
    the kid is shot
    kid is dead
    to be fair, I wanted to add in the part that the picture indicates.

The kid attacked Zimmerman. That's fairly obvious. The question is whether the kid's attack on Zimmerman was justified or not. Now, Zimmerman was already following Treyvon, and I think there was some evidence that Treyvon was aware that Zimmerman was following him.

When they actually confronted each other, did Zimmerman already have his gun out? Keep in mind that Zimmerman is not a police officer, nor should he have had made himself out to be. The most Zimmerman could say is "I'm a neighborhood watch officer!" (lol).

Depending on the circumstances, Treyvon's attack on Zimmerman could be justified, or it could not be justified. If it was justified, then it doesn't matter to what extent Zimmerman suffered injuries. All that his injuries would mean is that, Zimmerman picked a fight, started losing, so he shot the kid. It's a double standard to say "Zimmerman can shoot the kid in self-defense!" but deny that Treyvon can punch Zimmerman in self-defense.

Now if Treyvon's attack wasn't justified, then Zimmerman, under Florida's Stand-Your-Ground law (which is all sorts of stupid), validly used self-defense.

The problem with this is that, any application of Florida's Stand-Your-Ground law, the other party is necessarily dead, and in most cases, you only have the person seeking to claim self-defense as the only witness.
    Last edited by jaykaywhy; 2012-12-04 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    now i must ask

how could zimmerman, a guy who just got his head smashed into pavement manage to get up and quickly pull out his gun aim and fire all of which require some concentration

last i chekced its pretty hard to do that kinda thing when ur head just got smashed into pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

Did you miss the part where the back of his head was bleeding?

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:25 AM ----------

how could zimmerman, a guy who just got his head smashed into pavement manage to get up and quickly pull out his gun aim and fire all of which require some concentration
    It doesn't take a helluva lot of concentration to hit a target at point blank range.

may I ask you what this kid was doing before being confronted by a man with a gun who was stalking him in a vehicle?
    Irrelevant. He tried to kill Zimmerman and Zimmerman defended himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Did you miss the part where the back of his head was bleeding?
    He got hit in the nose and probably fell down.

If his head was smashed into the pavement, he would probably be dead or in the hospital.

10+ Year Old Account
    but it does take something to get up and get ur weapon after having the part of your body in control of that... smashed into the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he should be charged with second degree murder, should be being the operative word. However I think it's less likely he'll be charged with that given these photos so I feel the prosecutor over charged. It'd be much easier to push through a manslaughter charge because no matter how you look at it, it was his actions that started the conflict and directly led to the boy dying. So it was manslaughter, at the least.

Guess you didn't read about the back of his head buddy. Lol

He got hit in the nose and probably fell down.

If his head was smashed into the pavement, he would probably be dead or in the hospital.
    So once again we're just conjuring new facts.

Zimmerman tried to kill the kid, the kid tried to defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I think he should be charged with second degree murder, should be being the operative word. However I think it's less likely he'll be charged with that given these photos so I feel the prosecutor over charged. It'd be much easier to push through a manslaughter charge because no matter how you look at it, it was his actions that started the conflict and directly led to the boy dying. So it was manslaughter, at the least.
    Imo second degree murder will not stick. If anything it's in response to the negative PR. Should have been manslaughter, and probably involuntary manslaughter at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So once again just we're just conjuring new facts.
    Either his head was "smashed into the pavement" or it wasn't

Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    And what the media does has no bearing on the innocence or guilt of the defendant.
    quite a lot actually. Defendants in many cases have requested change in venue because of things like regional bias and media influence. Youve gotta get jurors in the courtroom who can remain unbiased. When the media can create sympathy in either direction and chooses to actively engage a certain way, youre making it that much tougher for the system to find people that will make the right decision. Granted it is obvious there are cases where the trial is more ceremonial because of enormous witness testimony or footage that confirms what happened. This case however, on so many levels, lacks verifiable evidence in either direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    you did not answer my question

how did this shooting even happen, last i checked any blunt object hitting the head would make it difficult for the person to really move/concentrate. hell less could knock out a person.

i find it really hard to believe that. this kid, charged this man, knocked him to the ground, beat his head into the pavement, man suddenly gets up, and can grab and fire his weapon.

Either his head was "smashed into the pavement" or it wasn't

Which is it?
    You realize you can have your head "smashed into the pavement" and not be dead, right?

Deleted
    Zimmerman tried to kill the kid, the kid tried to defend himself.
    If Zimmerman wanted to kill him, Trayvon would not get close. Zimmerman had a gun remember.

now i must ask

last i chekced its pretty hard to do that kinda thing when ur head just got smashed into pavement
    Adrenaline and survival instinct. People can do amazing things when those two are combined under dangerous situations.