Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Been playing plenty of Xin jungle, and to be honest the jungle feels...well, exactly the same as before. The first clear packs a bit more of a punch, but in terms of experience and gold gained, and the speed in which I can gank, it doesn't feel like squat has happened. I can still get an easy level 2 gank in if I have to, or counterjungle just as effectively.

To all the people who say they're sitting at low hp on their first clear: for some reason never seem to have this issue. I've tried out Nocturne, Rengar and Xin, and of the 3 the only person who was sitting low was Rengar. I get that they are 'safer' junglers than some others, but as long as you're chugging the pots as you go along it seems pretty damn hard to be sitting at 50%~ hp unless you're rushing to golems / red. Curious what junglers people are using?

As for builds, at least on Xin I completely ignore upgrading the machete. I purchase it for the first clear, but never upgrade it and just rush Black Cleaver. Don't really see the point in getting a faster jungle time when a) I clear it safely and quickly as it is, and b) half my jungle is missing by the 20 minute mark anyway. Anyone else choosing to ignore the machete upgrades for 'normal' builds?
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Deleted
    Maybe depend also on what kind of pull u get at blu/red?
    But yes I've seen some lvl 2 xin ganks too.
    BC seems op (almost broken atm) so I guess it could be a good idea to go for that instead of the machete upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Maybe depend also on what kind of pull u get at blu/red?
    But yes I've seen some lvl 2 xin ganks too.
    BC seems op (almost broken atm) so I guess it could be a good idea to go for that instead of the machete upgrade.
    Yeah that can always play a massive part, but I've only really been getting 'traditional' leashes (aka the mid or top hit the thing once then run off). If I'm forced to solo red/blue I'll usually chug 2 pots to get up to full again, but typically after that I won't be dropping low again.

BC definitely is amazing atm, but I'm still not sure I'd upgrade Machete even if it wasn't, I'd probably just build the components of Trinity Force / smaller items anyway. Just doesn't seem as valuable opposed to other possible items, considering the jungle is still such an easy clear.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

15+ Year Old Account
    I think its time to bust out the ol' jungle Pantheon again.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I think the jungle change affects the lines more than it affects junglers since it will be harder if not impossible to get early xp from wraights/golems.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    to be honest i dont see a big difference in the jungle, early ganks with lee sin and mundo still easy doable. Clear speed for wraith and wolfs is higher though but doesnt take up to long. The good thing are the new jungle items fitting for APs/ADs and tanks. If you get more exp and gold now in the jungle i failed to notice it but imho jungle is pretty much the same to me, if this promotes a change of the meta game, i doubt it.
    Last edited by mmoc901e5959a9; 2012-12-07 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    to be honest i dont see a big difference in the jungle, early ganks with lee sin and mundo still easy doable. Clear speed for wraith and wolfs is higher though but doesnt take up to long. The good thing are the new jungle items fitting for APs/ADs and tanks. If you get more exp and gold now in the jungle i failed to notice it but imho jungle is pretty much the same to me, if this promotes a change of the meta game, i doubt it.
    Certain junglers that used to be god tier no longer are (Lee Sin is the most noticeable), and a few tier two junglers (most notably Darius and Diana) are now close to god tier. Gold is essentially the same, but the exp increase is noticeable. Anyone who says otherwise just is not clearing the jungle at all. Also, the jungle is now open to more roles. Before, it was mostly support tanks, but now you can move people around a little more in lane and get some true carry junglers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Certain junglers that used to be god tier no longer are (Lee Sin is the most noticeable), and a few tier two junglers (most notably Darius and Diana) are now close to god tier. Gold is essentially the same, but the exp increase is noticeable. Anyone who says otherwise just is not clearing the jungle at all. Also, the jungle is now open to more roles. Before, it was mostly support tanks, but now you can move people around a little more in lane and get some true carry junglers.
    Yeah, I was playing Darius today in the jungle and I was like "wtf is this, he's really good". What happened Axethor, what the hell happened.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Ok can u give me all the infos?
    Runes and masteries? I guess 19/11 is the masteries but just to be sure....exactly how?
    http://imgur.com/Qwf2j These are the masteries I'm currrently switching between. If the team is tanky, I'll go with 21/9, if not, I'll stick with 19/11.

I've also tested out a Ghostblade, BC, Ravenous Hydra, Speed boots, FM & Runic Bulwark in a bot game (first time trying RH), and it seems pretty cool. Ulting with Ghostblade + instant Hydra + passive + Q with W procced = havoc. :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 new meta for jungle is just rush Black Cleavers after wriggles.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I'm curious, I've heard a few accounts of Eve still doing well in the new jungle. She's one of my favourites, but haven't gotten around to testing it out, was wondering if someone who has would be able to tell me if it takes any special runes, what they start with and what masteries they use. Also, I play her AD in the jungle, but that shouldn't be too much of a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Yeah, I was playing Darius today in the jungle and I was like "wtf is this, he's really good". What happened Axethor, what the hell happened.
    His Passive is OP for clearing with Machete.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I'm curious, I've heard a few accounts of Eve still doing well in the new jungle. She's one of my favourites, but haven't gotten around to testing it out, was wondering if someone who has would be able to tell me if it takes any special runes, what they start with and what masteries they use. Also, I play her AD in the jungle, but that shouldn't be too much of a difference.
    If they are it's news to me, the new Jungle eats Evelynn for breakfast. Maybe going E to focus on single target damage will make her clear better than the old Q way, but right now she shouldn't be played in the jungle at all.

Deleted
    If they are it's news to me, the new Jungle eats Evelynn for breakfast. Maybe going E to focus on single target damage will make her clear better than the old Q way, but right now she shouldn't be played in the jungle at all.
    I can confirm that you can clear the jungle with no help, skipping golems though until the first time you go back. 15/15 masteries, start machete and 5 pots, madred's + boots on first back, then you're in the clear, smooth sailing from there on. It's a bumpy ride with no pull from your teammates, but that shouldn't happen in real games. Oh yeah, started with E for the machete.

Edit: Would be vulnerable to counter-jungling from the beefy low-level junglers like Jax, Shaco, Xin, obviously, but that was always a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shifted some runes and masteriesvaround so I could start my Skarner jungle a little differently. Cloth Armor, Rejuvenation Bead, one pot and the Tital biscuit biscuit. Utility speed masteries keep my base movespeed highish... Considering I used to start regrowth its actually higher than before.

Seemed to work pretty well. Id turn the armor and bead into the emblem of valor. Iron Solari looks to gave been nicely buffed so Im considering that.

Eve clears

I can confirm that you can clear the jungle with no help, skipping golems though until the first time you go back. 15/15 masteries, start machete and 5 pots, madred's + boots on first back, then you're in the clear, smooth sailing from there on. It's a bumpy ride with no pull from your teammates, but that shouldn't happen in real games. Oh yeah, started with E for the machete.

Edit: Would be vulnerable to counter-jungling from the beefy low-level junglers like Jax, Shaco, Xin, obviously, but that was always a problem.
    I prefer to jungle on Evelyn now. I take ap quints, armor yellow and blues, Andalusia pen reds. My masteries are mostly offense with enough defense to get armor and the extra health. I take smite and barrier. Here's why:

I ask for hard leash on blue, and take tome and one pot. I level E first. I drop blue golem with leash and smite, pot as I go to wolves, barrier to take no damage from wolves, drop big wolf, level Q and proceed to butcher the jungle. I clear all but red before I base, and I upgrade tome to a kages and buy a dorans ring. I don't take boots because I pick up W as my forth ability. After I clear a few more times I have enough for a twin souls and boots, plus my ult. This gives eve two slows, two shields, a chase/escape and attack speed, plus spam-able Q. The twin souls give mag resist for fanning mid. I gank and upgrade boots to b. greaves, and the next item is usually hextech, or dfg, and certainly both when possible. I upgrade the boots to give the 12% speed increase on hit, and if I am doing super well, I build rylais and/or lich bane. It gives her a rediculously bursty yet super escape ready toolkit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmastical View Post
    Sounds interesting and very different from what I do. I go for AD Eve, build's pretty up in the air atm, but I like having a blade of the ruined king for the extra slow and some lifesteal. If I'm doing really well early, getting a couple of kills from ganks pre-6, I make a wriggles and stick with that for a while, then go for a trinity. Alternatively, IE, Phantom Dancer is pretty sweet if you can get them before the game turns into organised team fights, makes murdering people you run into in random bushes a piece of cake, but then you really need to vary with some survivability later, like a mallet or a wit's end, or just go straight for a guardian angel. Oh, and I pick up mobility boots (with furor enchant), I love the speed at which I can cruise the map and they make positioning before or during team fights quite easy. Popping up behind the ADC, getting a 2-3-4 person ulti shield on and smashing their face before anyone's the wiser is very satisfying, and usually makes them try to disengage, which is where Eve shines (chasing people).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmastical View Post
    I prefer to jungle on Evelyn now. I take ap quints, armor yellow and blues, Andalusia pen reds. My masteries are mostly offense with enough defense to get armor and the extra health. I take smite and barrier. Here's why:

I ask for hard leash on blue, and take tome and one pot. I level E first. I drop blue golem with leash and smite, pot as I go to wolves, barrier to take no damage from wolves, drop big wolf, level Q and proceed to butcher the jungle. I clear all but red before I base, and I upgrade tome to a kages and buy a dorans ring. I don't take boots because I pick up W as my forth ability. After I clear a few more times I have enough for a twin souls and boots, plus my ult. This gives eve two slows, two shields, a chase/escape and attack speed, plus spam-able Q. The twin souls give mag resist for fanning mid. I gank and upgrade boots to b. greaves, and the next item is usually hextech, or dfg, and certainly both when possible. I upgrade the boots to give the 12% speed increase on hit, and if I am doing super well, I build rylais and/or lich bane. It gives her a rediculously bursty yet super escape ready toolkit.
    Blowing two SS and you don't even full clear is not how you should be playing the jungle. If you are winning with that, either you or your opponents are poorly matched. As an enemy jungler, if I saw an Eve I would run into her jungle and take red, possibly golems/wraiths. I might even try to flat out kill her. With CV on the support it gets even better, because then I can see your starting items. Eve is too squishy and lacks the sustain/pets to make up for it. From the sound of things your building her AP Jungle, which is even worst than AD. The new jungle hurts Eve more than helps and she was already a low tier pick in season 2. It's just not worth it to play her there anymore.

Deleted
    The new jungle hurts Eve more than helps and she was already a low tier pick in season 2. It's just not worth it to play her there anymore.
    Actually, after several games jungling her, I have to disagree. As long as your blue pull turns out well, the new jungle is pretty much the same as before, but gives more gold ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, after several games jungling her, I have to disagree. As long as your blue pull turns out well, the new jungle is pretty much the same as before, but gives more gold ^^
    Invade at your blue or no "leash". Now what? Other blue reliant junglers, like Amumu, Skarner, or Fiddlesticks, can still clear, they just can't gank immediately. Can you say the same for Eve?

Deleted
    Yeah, I'd just make my way to their blue and pick it up, then back and clear my own jungle :P

As I said earlier, she can do a clear just fine on her own, long as she skips golems.