Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

North Korean born in a prison camp escapes after 23 years

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_16...-brutal-years/

Pretty interesting read, a lot of disturbing shit in there. He's supposedly the first person born in a N. Korean prison camp to ever escape one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why hasn't that country been annihilated yet.

Just read the whole story and thats really gut wrenching.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-12-05 at 12:48 AM.

Deleted
    That's why i hate that contry.. they are so sick..

but that is just my honest opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this, it's hard to believe nothing has been done about it. Especially by America, we seem to love being in everyone's business. :P

Thats how they do things there, no need to nation bash.

You cant bash the usa going into the middle east, then be against the way NK treats their own people. They are both examples of people projecting their own elastic values onto a situation, the difference is your view on the subject.

One thing that really disturbs me is the fate of family after going public as dall said.

"He was tortured because his mother and older brother were accused of trying to escape. He was just 13 years old at the time. "

Whats going to happen when they see him rubbing their faces in it on national television? Death wont come soon enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    After reading this, it's hard to believe nothing has been done about it. Especially by America, we seem to love being in everyone's business. :P
    No oil, very few natural resources. A standing army of 1 million. Nuclear weapons.

Yeah America isn't gonna do shit. But neither is anyone else.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    No oil, very few natural resources. A standing army of 1 million. Nuclear weapons.

more a matter of china making it very clear they wont tolerate us fucking around in their back yard. they came to NK's rescue once, they would do it again

Deleted
    NOTHING has been done because north korea's leaders are kind of crazy and they have dangerous weapons (nukes & co.) that could be released on the us soil or anywhere else for that matter. so us doesn't want to risk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You cant bash the usa going into the middle east, then be against the way NK treats their own people.
    Actually, you can. And it makes perfect sense to bash both.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    more a matter of china making it very clear they wont tolerate us fucking around in their back yard. they came to NK's rescue once, they would do it again
    This is also very true.

Worse, the will to use those nuclear weapons.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

quick, find him before he offers to be a guinea pig for an experimental steroid and buys a luchadore's mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Because China.

Actually, you can. And it makes perfect sense to bash both.
    That makes no sense, we liberated people and created democracy's in these countries (human rights etc). How is that different than what you propose for north korea? Or are you oil tinfoil hat guy?

I wonder if NK has any grounds to have him extradited since he is technically property. Interesting debate, human rights vs property rights. Im guessing the verdict would be decided in the country where the case is held. Nk says yes, most other places in world say no (not all though), all about the culture.

I find it weird that Cooper asks "Did you know that America existed" instead of something like "Did you know that other countries existed". Or simply "Did you think North Korea was the whole world"

Deleted
    Absolutely disgusting, i don't have any words.

Fuck north korea and i hope for reunification on south korean terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense, we liberated people and created democracy's in these countries (human rights etc). How is that different than what you propose for north korea? Or are you oil tinfoil hat guy?
    Tin foil hat? I don't even know what you're saying.

I'm pretty fucking sure the country wasn't sold under the pretense of "liberating people and installing a democracy." I can damn well criticize the Iraq war, the way it was fought, and the death of innocents we caused, all while tell North Korea to fuck itself with a wooden spoon for the way they treat their citizens. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Absolutely disgusting, i don't have any words.

Fuck north korea and i hope for reunification on south korean terms.
    Im surprised that your surprised slavery isnt still common. Did you know saudi arabian men now get a text anytime their wife leaves the house (its a law)? Plenty of places with issues you personally view as bad, but thats why you didnt migrate there, right?

Please no nation bashing, its in the rules. Ive been infracted multiple times for saying much less, id edit

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no nation bashing, its in the rules. Ive been infracted multiple times for saying much less, id edit
    Give it up bro, no ones buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats how they do things there, no need to nation bash.

You cant bash the usa going into the middle east, then be against the way NK treats their own people. They are both examples of people projecting their own elastic values onto a situation, the difference is your view on the subject.

One thing that really disturbs me is the fate of family after going public as dall said.

"He was tortured because his mother and older brother were accused of trying to escape. He was just 13 years old at the time. "

Whats going to happen when they see him rubbing their faces in it on national television? Death wont come soon enough
    What if I think both are fucking insane and in a decent world neither would ever exist?

The US should keep to themselves and stop trying to be a hero.

North Korea should stop being a reclusive police state that punishes 3 generations with hard labour because of a thought that doesn't match the dictator's.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    China is getting tired of keeping that worthless parasite state alive too.

The very day china says fuck it that country is done. South Korea, Japan and the US are going to wipe it off the map.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-12-05 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    China is getting tired of keeping that worthless parasite state alive too.

The very day china says fuck it that country is done. South Korea, Japan and the US are going to wipe it off the map.
    Lets just hope they havent set up nuclear warheads up across the country by then.