Poll: Opinions?

Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    But, do you see how the answer is in the statement itself? If the women are the custodial parents, is it not blatantly obvious that the father more than likely does not want to have custody over the child? If he is deemed as an unfit parent, I can confidently say that I doubt it was his idea to go through with the pregnancy in the first place.
    Are you actually unfamiliar with men that say they'll be around (or even intend to be around) and then bail? There's no way that's the case, I think you're just being deliberately dishonest.

Good luck with men having a say in their children's rights in this day.

http://www.examiner.com/article/judg...es-controversy

Men aren't even acknowledged the right to have children in the first place, while killing infant babies is protected for women in the name of "my body, my right".

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Or the flipside...

Guys refusing to pay child support because they can't handle what they signed up for (the sex part) is apparently A-OK.
    Well it's not like we can just skip down to the abortion clinic and terminate the pregnancy. If men fuck up, we automatically lose game over. If women fuck up, they can say "alright well do I want to have the child or do I want to have an abortion".

Men have no such safety net, and that's what is wrong with the current system

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Are you actually unfamiliar with men that say they'll be around (or even intend to be around) and then bail? There's no way that's the case, I think you're just being deliberately dishonest.
    Or am I trying to stop deliberately dishonest women from touching my cash?

If women fuck up, they can say "alright well do I want to have the child or do I want to have an abortion".
    Men have no such safety net, and that's what is wrong with the current system[COLOR="red"]
    That's a problem with our reproductive system.

If you actually want the government to forcefully abort an unborn baby from a woman because the father of the unborn baby said so... well I don't even know what to say to that.

Edit: Stop fucking deliberately dishonest women.
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2012-12-11 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    No, he should not have a say in whether or not the woman wants to abort or not. He should however be able to be excused from paying for the next 18 years if he wants the woman to abort and it's still early enough for her to do so - if she still wants it? Well then she should be able to provide for it herself.

It basically comes down to this.

Both want it? Great
    Both do not want it? Great

Mother wants it but the father does not? He should not be hung up on 18 years of payment and the mother should be able to care for her child alone.

Father wants it? Well here is where I'd say the mother still decides at this point. The man cannot demand the woman to go through pregnancy.

No way i could have said this any better, so i won't try.

No, you're not. You're making a dishonest argument, it literally does absolutely nothing to stop anyone from doing anything. It's just a dishonest argument on a message board. Knock off the martyr crap.

Deleted
    Then use protection if you don't trust the woman to have used protection.

No, you're not. You're making a dishonest argument, it literally does absolutely nothing to stop anyone from doing anything. It's just a dishonest argument on a message board. Knock off the martyr crap.
    People like you are why I would feel much more comfortable with men having the final say in abortion. Because I didn't provide more in depth statistics after 2 minutes of google searching, you are able to piggyback off other people's arguments and completely disregard my original argument.

Tell me this. Are you 100% ok with the way things currently are? I'd like to hear your opinion rather than the regurgitated quotes of others.

Considering how prevalent equal rights are, women should man the fuck up and allow it to be 50/50 in the matter.

People like you are why I would feel much more comfortable with men having the final say in abortion.
    I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. How is it that I make you feel that women shouldn't have bodily autonomy?

Are you 100% ok with the way things currently are?
    Women should have 100% bodily autonomy. Until that's acknowledged, nothing's on the table for me. In the United States, at present, that isn't anywhere near sufficiently acknowledged to begin negotiating back in the other direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then whine that women can make men pay child support even if they don't want the kid when she can still get rid of it. You aren't trying to stop women from doing anything to you, you are trying to control what they can do to themselves.

If you said 'woman can abort if they want to, but I should be able to give up all rights and not have to pay her if she doesn't' than most people would agree with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggity View Post
    Considering how prevalent equal rights are, women should man the fuck up and allow it to be 50/50 in the matter.
    Your rights ends where another persons body begins. You have no rights to someone elses body.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Your rights ends where another persons body begins. You have no rights to someone elses body.
    Another person growing in someones body inst really their body is it?
    So you are anti abortion I presume?
    it takes two to make a baby.
    A baby changing someones life completely, do i have no right to my own life as well?

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. How is it that I make you feel that women shouldn't have bodily autonomy?
    In the sense that you are blind to a real problem and are quick to dismiss an argument that would solve the current injustice. I wouldn't want that kind of thinking deciding the fate of my future.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Then whine that women can make men pay child support even if they don't want the kid when she can still get rid of it. You aren't trying to stop women from doing anything to you, you are trying to control what they can do to themselves.

If you said 'woman can abort if they want to, but I should be able to give up all rights and not have to pay her if she doesn't' than most people would agree with you.
    You seem to have misread the thread title. It's not "how do we solve the terrible current system?"

It's an either OR debate and that is what most people here aren't understanding. Men have more to lose, but women aren't able to admit such an obvious fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggity View Post
    Another person growing in someones body inst really their body is it?
    I do not see the early stages of a pregnancy to be a person. Week 18 and onwards I could consider a fetus as a person but until week 18, no. It's a clump of cells in early pregnancy.
    So you are anti abortion I presume?
    No, why would I be? I do not see a clump of cells as a child.

A baby changing someones life completely, do i have no right to my own life as well?
    Obviously you do. I've never stated anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have misread the thread title. It's not "how do we solve the terrible current system?"

It's an either OR debate and that is what most people here aren't understanding. Men have more to lose, but women aren't able to admit such an obvious fact.
    So because the thread is about should they have a say in abortion it completely makes anything outside that tiny argument, even the things directly pertaining to it, not there? I'm not sure you understand how forum threads work. No discussion on our forums has ever, in the history of the internet, been like that.

So yes, CHANGING the system on all sides while agreeing men should not be able to tell a woman she can't abort is a completely viable view for a thread like this.

If you have sex with someone, you and that person you are with are the one's taking the risk. If you dont like what the potential outcome could be, dont take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    So because the thread is about should they have a say in abortion it completely makes anything outside that tiny argument, even the things directly pertaining to it, not there? I'm not sure you understand how forum threads work. No discussion on our forums has ever, in the history of the internet, been like that.

So yes, CHANGING the system on all sides while agreeing men should not be able to tell a woman she can't abort is a completely viable view for a thread like this.
    You don't seem to understand the question at hand.

In the sense that you are blind to a real problem and are quick to dismiss an argument that would solve the current injustice. I wouldn't want that kind of thinking deciding the fate of my future.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:36 AM ----------

You have complete control over your own body and situation. If you do not want to pay for a child, that decision starts before you ever have sex not after.

So, your solution to the current injustice of men occasionally paying some money is robbing women of bodily autonomy. How is that not just plain ol' misogyny?