Poll: Opinions?

Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Sexism isn't a logical point of view. You want me to waste time debating a stance devoid of logic, with logic?

No thanks. I have better things to do.
    There, you're doing it again. The person you were arguing with obviously have different PoV of what might be considered as sexism.
    The fact that you're trying to shove down your opinion (not a fact) to other people makes them less likely to take your side and take your seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    You don't need a witness present...

Signed contracts don't lie.
    You ever heard of forgery?

Deleted
    You don't need a witness present...

Signed contracts don't lie.
    They also don't hold up well in a court of law

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    There, you're doing it again. The person you were arguing with obviously have different PoV of what might be considered as sexism.
    The fact that you're trying to shove down your opinion (not a fact) to other people makes them less likely to take your side and take your seriously.
    I really don't give two shits if people posting sexist remarks take me seriously or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Men cannot force abortion, because it involves a surgical act, and it's an individuals right to not have anyone touch them.
    Hell a doctor cannot even give you a shot, if you don't allow it.
    You completely missed his point. He didn't say men should be able to force an abortion. He said men should be able to choose to opt out, just like women can. If she chooses to have it anyway, that's her decision, but she shouldn't get a dime from him. That's fair.

This kind of deal is more about keeping the choice exclusive to one gender, not about raising kids.
    All you kids who say no.
    Explain to me how it's fair for the potential of the female to say, "I want THIS or I will abort it and you have no choice in the matter."
    2 people make a kid. Both need to be in proccess of making it, then both should have say.

It's not fair or rite for the woman to hold a kid she does not want?
    Well it's not fair that a father has less rites when dealing with his child, to such a degree that there is even bias agianst him due to his gender im the court system.

What about things like adoption? Why does everything have to be black or white? lol

edit: being pregnant can turn into extortion in a blink of an eye. Both parties must have equal protection. Period.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-12-05 at 03:15 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I keep hearing well you know the rules so follow the. I hate to equate it to this but its the same as the race civil rights movement. Was it right to have slavery and then seperate but equal? No but people used the same arguements. Well you know the rules should have followed them. Giving ways to follow the current rules and not debating the issue is a sign your losing.

I cant stand people who fight like this. "WELL YOU KNEW THE RULES...fill in the balnk" is not a valid arguement on whether or not something is fair. Because you have no logical way to explain how the current system is fair you fall back on the idea of turning into a sheep and jist following the current rules without even looking at the current debate.

Deleted
    I really don't give two shits if people posting sexist remarks take me seriously or not.
    /ignore .

You ever heard of forgery?
    Yell yeah, the entire system falls to pieces if everyone starts breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    So let me get this straight: Two random people hook up to have a fine time together. But if something goes wrong and the women falls pregnant, all the responsibility falls on the woman? How is this even remotely fair?
    Since when is the world a "fair place"? Women, from the very second they're born are solely responsable for the child during pregnancy, including when it is accidental.

The rules should be simple enough:

1) Women & Man want an abortion = No Problem

2) Women wants an Abortion, Man doesn't = Women has final choice. It is her health & mental state at potential risk.

3) Man wants an Abortion, Women doesn't = Women accepts the Man no longer has any rights or responsibilities regarding the child.

4) Women & Man don't want an abortion = No Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Likilop View Post
    From the whole "opt out" out any financial obligations sides of things, even if a woman wanted to opt out of financial responsibility and give up the child, they have lost a year of income from carrying the child, as well as being behind in their career. One year being out of their career could cost them more than just that year of income alone, but also the increases in pay they would have got that they've now missed out on or a year behind in
    That's not True my own cousin has had multiple abortions within weeks of finding out she was pregnant and she was back at work within days.

But yeah if you would rather carry the kid full term hindering your own life just to abandon the child so it grows up knowing it's parents didn't love/want it I would honestly say your one sick fuck with a twisted sense of morality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitiga View Post
    So, so much wrong in this threat... I get downright angry when I see shit like this:

If man doesn't want baby, there is a very simple solution: keep your fcking dick to yourself! Seriously, Detheaven and Dex, the rest of the world stopped thinking like this in the last century. Back then there were no child support and women that got pregnant was screwed. That's the reason forced child support was invented in the first place. Please, educate yourself on history, grow a spine and take responsibility for your sex life!
    I have a very well grown hypothetical spine, thank you very much. Why can't the woman take responsibility for HER OWN sex life? let's say she's on the pill, and still gets pregnant, or even better, she's on the pill and he uses a condom, and she STILL gets pregnant, why should she be able to financially ruin a man's life for the next 18 years? Seriously, people like you are why people no longer trust feminism.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A woman have a right to decide what to do with her pregnancy. Keep it or abort it. Man's opinion should be noted and dismissed.
    If said woman wants to keep it then a man SHOULD have a right to decide what he wants to do with his fatherhood. Be a father and marry her/pay child support or not be a father and go fuck some other chick with no material/moral obligations to the pregnant one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    IMHO I find unbelieveably unfair that woman can have an abortion without the consent of the father (ignoring extreme cases like rape ofcourse).
    But then again I'm not really for abortion at all so my opinion might not be the most objective one.
    Women's excuse is that baby is part of their body and they can do what they want with it.

Thoughts?
    So lets say a couple used the standard protection methods, rubber or the pill (you pick), neither is 100% guaranteed and the girl / woman falls pregnant.., she does not want the child because she finds herself to young / putting a break on education or career or just because she wants to live her life to it's fullest which in her eyes isn't revolving around sprouting kids 24/7, the "dad" says no because he wants the child and could care less about her wish despite it's her having to carry this for the coming 8½-9 months and then be soul bound to it's side 24/7 for the coming year.., so she must have it now?- GTFO

It's entirely the woman's choice in this matter.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Case 1 : mother and father disagree about keeping the child or not. Because they disagree on such a crucial matter, the couple will without a doubt clash sooner than later. And the mother will have to live with the consequences. So, yes, she should be the one to decide.

Case 2 : men don't bear children. They don't go through 9 months of hormonal roller-coaster, they don't vomit for 3 months, they don't have someone examine their internals. They don't have to bear with amniocentesis (putting a needle through your abdomen to take a sample of placenta) in case of above average risks of trisomy. Men don't have to quit their job for a couple of months or risk ruining their career. Men don't risk their lives when giving birth. And men don't bear half the burden of taking care of a baby than any woman. So, yes, the mother should be the one to decide.

Case 3 : if the guy is stupid enough to have a relationship with a woman while being unsure she is on pill and still he decide against using condoms, I seriously doubt he has enough mind to judge what are the true consequences of having a child… So, yes, the mother should ultimately be the one to decide.

Maybe some guys think they can be good fathers while their girl don't feel she will be able to upbring their child but I can pretty much guarantee those guys don't have half a clue of what having children implies…

And I am a guy, father of 5…

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    If the man wants the child aborted then the mother shouldn't have any claim to child support. She wanted it that badly she can pay for it.
    Wanting a baby, and not wanting an abortion are 2 very things.

But, yes, I agree, if a woman really wants a baby badly (and this should not be the assumption made simply because she has chosen to not abort), and a man doesn't then it isn't "fair" that the man has to pay half. But really, any man who gets "tricked" into making a woman pregnant and then paying for it is a victim of his own stupidity.

You haven't proven that the post was sexist, so really you just like to spout of lines with no explanation.

That's okay though, I guess it's within your right to do so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    So lets say a couple used the standard protection methods, rubber or the pill (you pick), neither is 100% guaranteed and the girl / woman falls pregnant.., she does not want the child because she finds herself to young / putting a break on education or career or just because she wants to live her life to it's fullest which in her eyes isn't revolving around sprouting kids 24/7, the "dad" says no because he wants the child and could care less about her wish despite it's her having to carry this for the coming 8½-9 months and then be soul bound to it's side 24/7 for the coming year.., so she must have it now?- GTFO

It's entirely the woman's choice in this matter.
    My question about that would be how they would be able to force her to carry it until birth.

You haven't proven that the post was sexist, so really you just like to spout of lines with no explanation.

That's okay though, I guess it's within your right to do so...
    You want me to prove something inherently subjective?

PS: I am enjoying the irony of the pot calling the kettle black.