Poll: Opinions?

Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Basically this. Anyone who argues otherwise is being (at the very least slightly) sexist towards one party or the other.
    I'm with this.

It takes 2, it's always put on the man that they were the irresponsible one etc and it's always the man that doesn't have a choice about the childs future.

There are many times I could see that an abortion would not be wanted for the father, or wanted by the father, and I think it's important for both parties to have an equal participation in the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

It does seem unfair. It comes all down to what the woman wants to do with her child to be and her body. No one cares about the mans child to be though. It's kind of like a "It may be our baby but it's my body"

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I was hoping that would come across, although I am trying to make a point. If sex is this important, a legal contract that you sign with your partner before getting in bed with them shouldn't be out of the question.
    The only issue I have is, people tend not to read contracts. I mean, just look at all those people bitching about their "unlimited" data plans slowing down after 2GB when it was clearly in the contract they didn't read.

Come on people stop acting childish and just saying stupid stuff now on both sides. We were having an informed debate until some people made it personal.

STILL LOOKING FOR SOME TO EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE CURRENT SYSTEM IS FAIR. Yes we all know the risks of the current system and how it works but is it fair? How we got off on the tangent of a man forcing a woman not to have one is dumb. Theres np way a man could ever force a woman to carry. If you could finish the pregnancy some way without the womans body it would be a valid arguement but you cant right now. Until we can develop a child in either another body or in a test tube by transplanting it oit of the woman and get full developme.t you cant.

But if a woman has a right to end her responsibilities how is it fair that a man does not? One side has the option the other doesnt. Not equal under the current system how is that hard to see.

I like to see more men suing when the choice is taken away from them. I'm all for abortion when it's a mutial issue, BUT two people need to make a joint choice. If one is , "this is just currently troublesome," and the other is like, "well not for me, I want this commitment" It's only fair to hear both sides, and there should be no absolute, " if i dont like the answer, fuck you i'm doing it my way" option unless both have it. They should have the option of not being tied to the unwanted kid too. Every condition should have an alternative.

It's stupid for 2 people to even be having consentual sex without taking every protective step.
    Like I said before tho, this is about making the choice in birth exclusive to one gender only, even tho it takes 2 to make one.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    One question:

How would you make sure she doesn't have an abortion if the guy wants a baby if she wants an abortion?
    That's what the hefty fine I mentioned is there for. Throw a bunch of money at the father as punishment for going behind his back.

Deleted
    It shouldn't solely be up to the woman to protect herself even though I'm the one doing it in my relationship, better this way but for random encounters I'd probably want the guy to use a condom.
    We're not talking random encounters here, we're talking situations where the male wants a child. If you ended up getting pregnant after not taking contraception or not insisting the man use a condom then why do you have the right to abort that man's child? Even better, why not get an implant which is easily removable for long term effectiveness?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Why can't the woman take responsibility for HER OWN sex life?
    Every woman has no choice BUT to take responsibility for HER OWN sex life. If she falls pregnant, SHE has to face either 9 months of pregnancy (and then the rest of her life as a mother) or go through with an abortion. Either way, SHE is stuck with the consequences. They will stay with her for the rest of HER life, far more than any man can ever hope to comprehend. If you think having an abortion is an "easy" way out, you are a naive fool. At best most women will be left with moderate emotional scarring and a bit of physical trauma, realistically though, the emotional trauma is a lot worse than most will realise. At worst there can extreme emotional/physical damage.

why should she be able to financially ruin a man's life for the next 18 years?
    First off, as already stated, the woman will have her life "financially" ruined for the next 18 years. Given that the man is equally responsible, he should take 50% responsibility. His finances aren't ruined because of the woman. It's his own fault.

Seriously, people like you are why people no longer trust feminism.
    Seriously, people like you are the reason feminism is necessary. This coming from a man btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Maybe you should explain why it's invalid instead of just saying that it is?

It's invalid because the man is then held hostage by the decisions the women makes (who just happens to be as equally guilty as him for it occurring)
    In short Women get abortion as a way out or as a means to force fatherhood on another individual.

Now considering it is the women's body I don't think a man should have any choice in the matter of abortion but he should have the legal right to say
    "You want to keep it I am washing my hands of all responsibility as I do not agree with your decision to keep it)

It comes down to a equality issue in the end men need equal rights in the matter however they must be different rights simply because were not the ones carrying the fetus and it doesn't impact our physical health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Like I said before tho, this is about making the choice in birth exclusive to one gender only, even tho it takes 2 to make one.
    Welcome to patriarchal society, where women are always incapable of informing their own decisions and carrying their own responsibilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    That's what the hefty fine I mentioned is there for. Throw a bunch of money at the father as punishment for going behind his back.
    How would that stop an abortion from taking place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    We're not talking random encounters here, we're talking situations where the male wants a child. If you ended up getting pregnant after not taking contraception or not insisting the man use a condom then why do you have the right to abort that man's child?
    Because it would be my body. My choice. How are people gonna stop me from having abortion if I want one?

Even better, why not get an implant which is easily removable for long term effectiveness?
    Pills have worked just fine for me. :\
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2012-12-05 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    But if a woman has a right to end her responsibilities how is it fair that a man does not? One side has the option the other doesnt. Not equal under the current system how is that hard to see.
    It's not and the system and even psyche in this situation is rigged against the penis. "men cannot be good single parents, it's allways the birth mothers rite," "men must pay child support, women are the only ones who stay home and risk everything for the child"

The lvl of sexism involved in bringing a child into the world, among the pseudo intellectuals, and talking heads is astounding.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    From my view it's a parasite if it's not wanted by the woman.
    Ouch, parasite? Two human cells will result in parasite? Parasite can grow to little children that makes people happy? Parasite can kiss you?

Another view: let me kill your cat or dog, I am sure I will be like devil in your eyes, but when comes to human, it is suddenly parasite... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Well, it all comes down to how the "couple" is connected, like you said if it is rape i would agree that the woman only has to choose, but i do think that if a woman in a ciuple got pregnant, she would take the faters words in consideration before doing an aportion, if he wants to keep the child, then i do think that the mother would consider keeping it because of her life partner wants a baby, and who knows maybe she will like it later, so i would say that yes women should have the only vote in this case, as said above they are the ones that carry the child for 9 months, they are the ones that has to feed, and has most of the responsibility at the start of a childs birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The only issue I have is, people tend not to read contracts. I mean, just look at all those people bitching about their "unlimited" data plans slowing down after 2GB when it was clearly in the contract they didn't read.
    Well, that's their problem then, isn't it? If your partner requests a contract be signed by the two of you, and you don't bother to read it through, then it's your fault for agreeing to something without reading it through. Companies already do this; break the rules of the contract you didn't read, you still have to deal with the repercussions.

I do think it should be something that is legally binding and verified by a qualified third party (i.e. lawyer) to prevent one side from screwing over the other.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-12-05 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Committed the dreaded "there/their" mix up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Welcome to patriarchal society, where women are always incapable of informing their own decisions and carrying their own responsibilities.
    A child is not ONE womans alone, therefore not only her decision. IF the ladies want to play that way, they need to embrace the future and go get pregnant by an applicator in a doctors office. Cut out the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    If you want children, bloody well find a girl who also want them.

I find it incredibly off-putting that you're advocating the right for a man who when he finds out that a female he slept with is pregnant all of a sudden discover this deep-seated need to _have_ that pregnancy completed, _regardless_ of whether the female wants it or not. And I fully agree with Spectral in that it's fully equatable to rape to force a woman through something she does not want.

That said however, I'm not inherently against a man having an opinion in regards to a pregnancy or not. But it's just that, an opinion which he can inform the woman of. It's her decision when it comes down to it.

Other than that, don't be a fucking idiot and use protection unless you and your significant other is actively working to have children.
    Now switch the Gender specifications around in your post and explain to me why it doesn't sound equally retarded to you.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    It's invalid because the man is then held hostage by the decisions the women makes (who just happens to be as equally guilty as him for it occurring)
    In short Women get abortion as a way out or as a means to force fatherhood on another individual.

Now considering it is the women's body I don't think a man should have any choice in the matter of abortion but he should have the legal right to say
    "You want to keep it I am washing my hands of all responsibility as I do not agree with your decision to keep it)

It comes down to a equality issue in the end men need equal rights in the matter however they must be different rights simply because were not the ones carrying the fetus and it doesn't impact our physical health.
    And I am fine with that, as long as they agree to absolve all responsibility BEFORE having sex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trymore View Post
    Ouch, parasite? Two human cells will result in parasite? Parasite can grow to little children that makes people happy? Parasite can kiss you?

Another view: let me kill your cat or dog, I am sure I will be like devil in your eyes, but when comes to human, it is suddenly parasite... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Parasite because it can't survive without leeching from the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Well, that's there problem then, isn't it? If your partner requests a contract be signed by the two of you, and you don't bother to read it through, then it's your fault for agreeing to something without reading it through. Companies already do this; break the rules of the contract you didn't read, you still have to deal with the repercussions.

I do think it should be something that is legally binding and verified by a qualified third party (i.e. lawyer) to prevent one side from screwing over the other.
    Well, I am also worried a contract would compromise consent. I mean, what would happen if you signed it then decided you didn't want sex?

PS: I don't know why I'm defending stupid people who sign without reading, it's so unlike me.