Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have that one already though. My guildbank is getting full because of all the vegetables i'm getting from farming - only not a single roshambo card in soon 3 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I struggled with Hexos for several days.

On one very odd occasion, he bugged out and I was able to ignore the beams.

Has anyone else experienced this though?
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2014-06-11 at 10:45 AM. Reason: derp resize image

My guildmate has. We say he's rank 9.75.

I frequently killed Hexos only to be killed by the beams that remain for a short time until it's counted as a victory. I can't say I'm not jealous of you two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    I struggled with Hexos for several days.

On one very odd occasion, he bugged out and I was able to ignore the beams.

Has anyone else experienced this though?
    It happened to me once as a frost mage. For me I think it had to do with using Mirror Images and my elemental getting threat, but I have heard that sometimes pet classes in general can bug him out, probably if you're pet does something just before he latches onto you or if something happens to mess with threat between you and the pet right at the start.

Sadly, I actually tried to duplicate that bug because I was so frustrated with him at the time, but I was unable to do so. And when I did finally kill it I was glad that I didn't end up exploiting him like I was trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Cool story bro
    He probably did most bosses in 2 or less attempts. The brawler's guild is a complete joke now because SoO gear makes it faceroll. Hell, if you die on any fights besides Hexos, disruptron or ahoo'ru, chances are you're bad

its annoying but I find the roll over bug to be hilarious in how it combines bosses with people panicking.

ofcourse if someone is on hexos it's mass slaughter.

Also the fare few times when total strangers got thrown together by the bug and pull off a crowning moment of awesome by defeating each others bosses with no deaths within the time limit. only seen this happen 2 times. months ago.

does that bug still happen occasionally?
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-06-12 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nibbleh is driving me insane.

I've done few tries and for some reason in most of them he just bugs and stands still until gets a stack or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Nibbleh is driving me insane.

I've done few tries and for some reason in most of them he just bugs and stands still until gets a stack or two.
    Use the move pad.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Just did the whole thing as a shadow priest in one evening. The only 2 bosses that I had problems with were Hexos (though I managed to kill him after like 15-20 tries) and Nibbleh (took like 2 hours to kill him, spamming Shadow Word: Pain on the move... not the best mobile dps, but I managed to kill him when I used Heroism drums/potion at the start and burned a couple of million before he got to me and from there on just refreshed DoTs and spammed SW:Pain as much as I could, still a horrible fight as a shadow priest, it was a total faceroll as elemental shaman with LB on the move and Fire Elemental).

I am a rogue and only boss that challenged me was Hexos, but I managed to kill him around 7th - 8th try (I gave myself huge breaks-after 3/4 days after failing 1 or 2 times). Now only Blind Hero is missing from my deck. I am glad I managed to bring all bosses down this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't seem to beat the goblin + gnome duo, I can take about 60-75% of their hp off, but I guess I just down right suck at playing my main class (Frost DK) more than I thought xD
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Can't seem to beat the goblin + gnome duo, I can take about 60-75% of their hp off, but I guess I just down right suck at playing my main class (Frost DK) more than I thought xD
    dps the one with the lazer. move around a lot to dodge any rockets that get fired at you. when the lazer guy goes under the shield, follow him there. let a few rockets hit the shield to remove it and keep dpsing him. basically just gotta avoid all the rockets and heal up a few times due to the laser damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    dps the one with the lazer. move around a lot to dodge any rockets that get fired at you. when the lazer guy goes under the shield, follow him there. let a few rockets hit the shield to remove it and keep dpsing him. basically just gotta avoid all the rockets and heal up a few times due to the laser damage.
    I try that, but end up somehow screwing up with the rocket hit area, even if I'm not in it, I get hit by them
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I try that, but end up somehow screwing up with the rocket hit area, even if I'm not in it, I get hit by them
    As far as I know, only "buggy" part of that combat is shield where sometimes it doesn't disappear when there is no charge to absorb incoming rocket. Also, you should attack the one who doesn't fire rockets because those rockets hit the other guy too. I think it was the goblin who fires them so you should attack to the gnome.

If you're struggling dps wise then just focus on self healing and putting the rockets on them (the goblin can hurt himself with the rockets too). You don't need any dps to pass this if you make every rocket hit, and just ignore whichever is under the shields. They're a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Are any of the card bosses actually challenging? I've done 5 of them so far (The easiest to obtain) and if they're faceroll I'm not even going to bother with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If you're struggling dps wise then just focus on self healing and putting the rockets on them (the goblin can hurt himself with the rockets too). You don't need any dps to pass this if you make every rocket hit, and just ignore whichever is under the shields. They're a waste of time.
    This fight is easiest done as a healing spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This fight is easiest done as a healing spec.
    Bit of an issue as a DK, but yes for classes with a healing spec it is an easy way to do the fight if you're struggling with executing the fight as a dps.

Are any of the card bosses actually challenging? I've done 5 of them so far (The easiest to obtain) and if they're faceroll I'm not even going to bother with the rest.
    As a ranged you shouldn't have issues with any in your gear. There are 3 fights that were an issue originally as melee and 1 which was a pretty brutal gear check for most when first added.

Razorgrin - Blind Hero - Bear & Lady Fair - are all trivial for ranged but were a slight issue for some melee originally.
    Mingus Diggs - was originally the hard dps check requiring about 140k dps (compared to any other bosses 110k or lower) and unless you had significant self healing also mobility to keep the damage down. Unfortunately mechanically there's very little to it so as soon as people are walking around in current tiers LFR this fight is trivialized, never mind normal mode ilvl you appear to have.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I still can't beat Hexos... Stupid fight >.<

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Venziir if you've been trying hexos a LOT (I'm not really sure what the average is to call a lot, but lets say 20+ with no luck), it might be worth trying some out of the box methods such as I believe click to move being used as a facing method was one some people found helped.

Other people also found playing Super Hexagon (or some variant free version) for practice helped them.