Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    amen bro
    this thread is full of warhawks
    Lol. It's quite pathetic and telling how you refuse to label Assad's forces as "Warhawks" and those who support them as such, but you insist on labelling those who support the innocent and defenseless as "Warhawks."

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    Oh god you've been trolling us all this whole time. Good show.

I mean, you can't possibly be serious, right? You're like Stephen Colbert on a cocaine/steroid cocktail.
    I'm not sure if it's more of a commentary on your own world view rather than mine if you consider what I said to be "trolling." Quite sad, actually.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:03 AM ----------

passing the psych test will be a difficult feat for you.
    A below average personal attack lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Lol. It's quite pathetic and telling how you refuse to label Assad's forces as "Warhawks" and those who support them as such, but you insist on labelling those who support the innocent and defenseless as "Warhawks."
    They aren't defenseless. They are rebelling. They are taking care of their own problems. I suggest we let them.

You're a "Warhawk" because you advocate the expansion of the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Psy, you have to consider the possibility that these people might not want our help. Most of the places we've "saved" in the past didn't want our help and didn't end up much better off afterwards.
    The BBC as well as RT possess polling data that suggests that most of the rebels as well as the people in the actual warzones want help from ANYONE who is willing to help them. This is corroborated by the fact that rebels are regularly shown begging anyone, particularly the United States, for help.

Not all Arab countries are alike and certainly a decade ago is not now.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:06 AM ----------

They aren't defenseless. They are rebelling. They are taking care of their own problems. I suggest we let them.

You're a "Warhawk" because you advocate the expansion of the war.
    The women and children who are bombed by fighter jets when they go to the hospital to tend to wounds sustained by earlier bombings and sniper attacks are defenseless. They can not ostensibly fight back against the onslaught of a genocidal and murderous regime adequately if at all.

You are not entitled to your own definitions and classifications of positions. I do not advocate for an expansion of the war, but rather the opposite: the reduction of war by ending the military ability of the Assad regime.

I'm not sure if it's more of a commentary on your own world view rather than mine if you consider what I said to be "trolling." Quite sad, actually.
    No dude, seriously. Read what I quoted and tell me if that sounds like the product of an even remotely rational mind.

This is beyond me disagreeing with your foreign policy. Even if I agreed with it you'd be starting to scare me now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The media is independent; this is no longer 1984, not even 2003. The media is much more accountable now, and things like actual Syrians on the ground posting videos of atrocities is proof enough of what is happening on the ground.
    This is what most hope for. Too naive. Even when media is honest to us, the sources it has may be too controled. And i doubt you believe things changed much since the "omg Iraq has the weapons" fuss . We still have to be very selective about what we read and listen to.

Under international law, which I remind you that every country other than Somalia and Afghanistan have largely ratified,
    Keep in mind that what countries do is nowhere close to what people do or think.
    I was just going to bring the idea that there are always people(as i am) who has no clue or does not care about "international laws" when it comes to violating the interests of your own country. And they are all ready to (even mindlessly) resist any interventions for the country, and to justify any actions done by it's government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    The only real personal attack there is the psychopathy part. Other than that, he's just saying you are uninformed and what you posted was idiotic.
    Hey, I did say "apparent psychopathy". And I can not see how advocating the murder of, at a minimum, tens of millions of your fellow human beings can be anything else. That's assuming TehTiny is human, of course.

And claiming it's a personal attack lets him ignore that what he said is demonstrably untrue.

10+ Year Old Account
    No dude, seriously. Read what I quoted and tell me if that sounds like the product of an even remotely rational mind.

This is beyond me disagreeing with your foreign policy. Even if I agreed with it you'd be starting to scare me now.
    I don't find anything particularly alarming or incorrect in what I stated previously. The problem seems to be with you solely.

You are not entitled to your own definitions and classifications of positions. I do not advocate for an expansion of the war, but rather the opposite: the reduction of war by ending the military ability of the Assad regime.
    You say that I am not entitled to my own definitions, followed immediately by you yourself defining getting the U.S. armed forces involved in the war to be a "reduction of war". Adding another army to the mix doesn't make the war smaller any more than 4 + 3 = 2.

You say that I am not entitled to my own definitions, followed immediately by you yourself defining getting the U.S. armed forces involved in the war to be a "reduction of war". Adding another army to the mix doesn't make the war smaller any more than 4 + 3 = 2.
    Size * Time = War

10+ Year Old Account
    War is not defined by the size of two armies. War is defined by an amalgamation of impact, conflict and time for which it carries on for. The United States intervening would lessen all of this, therefore reducing net "war."

Anyways, I'm tired of arguing with what are probably European revisionists waking up. It's time for me to go to sleep.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Size * Time = War

^ This is correct. I'm glad that what I say is validated by other smart people echoing my sentiments later on in the thread (this has happened a few times now.)

I don't find anything particularly alarming or incorrect in what I stated previously. The problem seems to be with you solely.

This is the essence of your post. Only instead of being ironic and humorous, you were deadpan and completely serious.

That's why I'm alarmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god you've been trolling us all this whole time. Good show.

I mean, you can't possibly be serious, right? You're like Stephen Colbert on a cocaine/steroid cocktail.
    Yeah, he had me going up until that last one, too. It's the whole Poe's Law problem. "Any sufficiently advanced parody is indistinguishable from a genuine kook." I'm not sure what's scarier/funnier; that he might be serious, or that even if he's parodying/trolling there are others out there who would take what he says seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Yeah, he had me going up until that last one, too. It's the whole Poe's Law problem. "Any sufficiently advanced parody is indistinguishable from a genuine kook." I'm not sure what's scarier/funnier; that he might be serious, or that even if he's parodying/trolling there are others out there who would take what he says seriously.
    rofl

anyways, peace out

This will be the mood in Syria following its liberation and security being restored to the innocent: (of course this is slightly humorous, but you probably understand the idea.)

Skip to 2:10 by the way.

Because throwing the U.S. army into the mix sure made every other war we intervened in quick and bloodless. Yup.

Anyways, I'm tired of arguing with what are probably European revisionists waking up. It's time for me to go to sleep.
    That's actually hilarious. That's the first time this Texas Libertarian gun-owning capitalist has been called that.

rofl

anyways, peace out

This will be the mood in Syria following its liberation and security being restored to the innocent: (of course this is slightly humorous, but you probably understand the idea.)
    Shortly followed by Islamic extremist taking control, and then they're back to square one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    [/B]

Assad is/was Pro west.
    LOL... He is an ally of Iran, Russia and China... doesn't sound too "westy" to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here's what I say to Syria . . .

Sorry.

Every time we intervene over there it comes back to bite us in the ass. Let someone else deal with it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from your comments and the way you structure sentences, I find it hard to believe you're serious. Especially when your name is 'Psyopz'. Are you legit or some CIA bot?

You want to liberate someone? Liberate your mind first.
    I'm still waiting for you to disprove the chemical weapons claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to disprove the chemical weapons claims.
    The burden of proof lies within the one making the claim not the one disbelieving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    The burden of proof lies within the one making the claim not the one disbelieving it.
    Grokan knows that. Kivimetsan made the initial claim that this was a false flag, so it's up to him to prove that, which is what Grokan is asking for.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.