10man Heroic Will of the Emperor Help

Hello all, We just downed spirit kings heroic and are going to make a push on Will. I would like to get a solid strat so we don't waste any time.

We are currently 6/16 heroic and our comp is as follows:

Prot Pally
    Brewmaster Monk
    Resto druid
    Resto Shaman
    Disc priest(Can go shadow)
    Hunter
    Mage-would like to know if there's a preferred spec/talents for this fight
    Ele Shaman
    Rogue
    Frost DK

My thoughts were that we would have the priest go shadow and have the rogue tanking strength. Is it recommended to have a melee sit on boss and dance? Any strats and or tips would be helpful. Thanks!

You should have your frost dk go 2h haste (I think) to abuse that +50% melee damage buff, and have him solo strengths. Rogue mage ele shammy full time on rages, and hunter and either mage and ele shammy help out on courages. The disc priest should go shadow, and just run dots on the strengths, two bosses, and the rages.
    For soaking, you're pretty set with a dispersion, 1min detter, and rogue soaks, plus you can throw in 2 min defensive CDs with your other classes.
    Only tips I can tell you is that your hunter should pick up spirit bond and Crouching Tiger, and your rogue should pick up elusiveness.

This is our soaking order

2 rages - Hunter
    1 strength - A tank
    2 rages - SP
    1 courage - A tank
    1 strength - A tank
    2 rages - Hunter

BOSS SPAWNS

2 rages - Hpala
    1 strength - Rogue
    2 rages - SP
    1 courage - mage
    1 strength - Rogue
    2 rages - Hunter

(~1:15 with no add spawns)

2 rages - Hunter
    1 strength - Rogue
    2 rages - SP
    1 courage - mage
    1 strength - Rogue
    2 rages - Hunter

(~1:15 with no add spawns)

2 rages - Hunter
    1 strength - Rogue
    2 rages - SP
    1 courage - Mage
    1 strength - Rogue
    2 rages - Hunter

(~1:15 with no add spawns) Hero time

2 rages - Hunter
    1 strength - Rogue
    2 rages - SP
    1 courage - Mage
    1 strength - Rogue
    2 rages - Hunter

Abilitys:
    Rogue, Cloak or Feint with Cheat Death as backup.
    Hunter, Deterrance with talent for 1min cd
    Mage, Cautherize/iceblock
    SP, Dispersion

As for having a melee on the bosses i wouldn't recommend it, this fight is mostly about controlling the adds. Tanks damage and the dead time between waves should be more than enough to kill them really.
    Last edited by svettleif; 2012-12-06 at 07:19 AM.

Hey Svett i was wondering how you would set up a soaking rotation with this setup:

Setup:

Tanks:
    Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

Healers:
    Rshaman - can go Ele
    MW Monk
    Disc Priest

Dps:

Feral/boomkin Druid
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Mage
    Mage
    Elemental Shaman

i hope you can help me out

Bye

Eíe

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks= soak every courage spark
    Rogue= every rage spark ...Feint and a power word shield he might only even need to be topped off tbh
    Shadowpriest= soaks rage set
    Hunter soaks =rage set
    resto druid with symbyosis deterrence=rage soak
    boomkin with cloak of shadows= another rage soak
    Your mage would also be your emergency soak 1 with cauterize for a single spark and can soak 2 with block if timed correctly
    dk can also emergency soak a single spark with all cd's up.

Also with the way gear is now you can kill any spark set you choose to they die fairly quickly so if someone is late on a soak or fucks up or w/e the case may be you can just kill the sparks as long as they are snared so you aren't kiting them.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2013-01-21 at 09:30 AM.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Lurg View Post
    My thoughts were that we would have the priest go shadow and have the rogue tanking strength. Is it recommended to have a melee sit on boss and dance? Any strats and or tips would be helpful. Thanks!
    Our setup for this has always been the following:

Tanks:

Brewmaster monk
    Blood DK

Healers:

Holy paladin
    Restoration druid

DPS:

Shadow priest (mainspec holy/disc, usually soaks sparks from courages except the first one)
    Mage
    Warlock
    Warrior ("tanking" strenghts, only assisted by ranged if needed)
    Elemental shaman
    Rogue (That's me and my sole purpose for the fight is to solo-soak the sparks along with supporting with damage and CC on rages)

Shortly, I as a rogue soak every spark except for courages after bosses have jumped down. If there is more than one spark and they're close to each other, I will go for them with cloak of shadows. Just feint soaking (Elusiveness-talent is strongly suggested) otherwise. We have our holy paladin/mage/warlock to assist with soaking if the sparks are spread around the room but I can usually just sprint/nitro/shadowstep everywhere.

Rogue soaking may be hard to nearly impossible depending on his gear (and thus healthpool), but it's definately worth the shot since if you can afford to keep one healer healing the raid and the rogue, soaking sparks will become very easy. As I mentioned, Elusiveness is required if you let your rogue soak them all.

It's quite messy at first, hopefully I were able to help out at all. Good luck and have fun!