Poll: Which class deserves a 4th spec?

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    What does this even mean? In his post, he explained how druids have always had 4 completely separate specs, it's only recently that they've literally been divided into their own option choices.

In your scenario, however, you're asking them to completely pull something out of their ass to add a forth spec to a class who's obviously never had one and I'm not even entirely sure why. Boredom, maybe?
    Shockadins have existed since Vanilla. Maybe tank shaman since that just makes sense.

Honestly though this all would just go down the path of more homogenization so I voted no one else needs it. Though it probably will anyways knowing Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Blood dps back. Only real role that has existed that has been robbed from my memory.

Just throwing it out here because I have posted a good deal on this thread:
    I'm all for encouraging people to use their imagination to try and come up with a new, exciting spec for each class - heck, it is fun. But in practicality, I still can't see any class truly deserving a 4th spec. Regardless, dream away.

Deleted
    paladins clearly deserve a viable caster dps spec

._.

Deleted
    DK healer would be interesting

Shaman tank as well <3

Deleted
    none other deserves one and blizzard stated this over and over so be done with it.

I have vague memories of playing as a shockadin back when it not only existed, but was viable in BGs... I'd be fine with just offering holy talents that allowed you to do it, but with Blizz's massive simplification of specs, I guess it would have to be a 4th spec...

Or, again paladin, I loved in wow when I could tank heal, and run up on mobs and get mana from SoW. I miss that.. Now I just feel like a priest. C'mon, let me get some shitty melee damage in to build up mana. Made me feel very connected to both offspecs without feeling like the fail disc priest with plate we are now

Shaman tank crossed my mind.

I dont think any other class needs a 4th spec option.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i would love a deathknight heal spec >.< ...but that's just because i hate switching between my dk for dps/ tank and mistweaver or shaman for healing >.<
    This ^^ since I've always thought unholy "might" or would work out well as healing with unholy energies and I see that working as an example of death coil in which it can be used to shield an ally against damage so why not make a 4th spec thats nearly unholy/blood based for healing? But then again warlocks might cause lots of QQ to make them a healing spec :P

I'd rather have them fixing/balancing all the current specs before they start adding more specs/classes to the game. Realy.

Shaman tank, ofc.
    And Warlock tank. MoP's beta let me dream about it, now I want it!

Tank specs would be the easiest to add for balance issues since all blizz has to do is make sure said tanks hit like noodles and suck at self-healing in PvP (recent DK nerfs should show them the way there), and then stick to balancing them for PvE. New/revised specs i would like to see are:

Shaman tank: Shield, taunt, mail armor. The skeleton is there, just add all the fleshy bits to it
    Warlock tank: They obviously wanted to see how it would workout with the glyph they get, and a demon-man-thing would be neat as a tank
    Death Knight RDPS: caster plate is currently used by only one spec of one class. A RDPS DK would not be too far off the original lore/play-style of them in WC2-WC3 and it gives blizzard a better reason to keep/add spellplate to loot tables.
    Mage tank: Battlemage would be nifty to see as well mages already have baseline abilities that altered would make them decent tanks. For example, their armor spells (add real armor values and reduced chance to be crit), and alter time and mirror images are already near perfect tank CDs.

I would love to see something for rogues as well since if the above changes happened they would be the only dps only class left, but I have no idea what direction they could go that hasn't already been filled (druid dodge tank, hunter ranged agi, healing spec sounds awful).

Given how I used to tank on my Shaman back in vanilla, I would adore a Shaman tank spec being added (back) into the game. Before BC ruined the Enhancement spec, Shaman could shield tank or (especially at lower levels) use a two-hander to tank. I would love to see this added back into the game - it would be really cool if they could balance it so shields OR two-handers were viable, for different play styles/builds.

They ONLY reason druids technically have "4 specs" is because near the...mid to end of Cataclysm, Feral became incredibly strong in PvP. Great damage,Strong Bleeds and if you were in trouble? You would pop bear form, 4 different defensive cooldowns and benefited from extra dodge as well as savage defense. You could live through quite alot of situations.

Now? If you go bear in PvP to prevent dying? You are only delaying the inevitable by about 10 seconds. You gain 'No' benefit from bear form besides extra health.

Deleted
    They druid 4th spec made total sence, druids have always had that 4th specc. So how come it makes no sence? But fine What would warlock have? They have destruction, whoes focus on casting spells like singel targets, heavy hitting spells. Afflition, is Damge over time. Demonology is all about the demon. So what would the 4th be? A tank spec? fine, if you REALLY wanted it to, it could make sence, But why, why is 4 tanks not enough for you? And lets talk about mages, So what should they get? Some kind of Time warp healing? still would be cool yeah, but make sence? not really. And people should not have picked a non hyprid class in hope of it getting a tank or heal spec.

So let me just make a list of this sillyness.

Rogues would get a tank spec( HOW is this any different from brewmaster monk, all about dodge and parry) So why would we need that?.
    Shaman Would get a tank spec, useing the earth to make a armor. so sure, in vanila they did have a tanker chance so sure.
    Mage: Like a said some kind of healing with useing time to heal. But first of, It would just be silly, And lore wise, mages are not healers. And the Bronze dragon aspect would not take kindly to keep breaking time like that.
    Warlock : some kind of tanker form, they already have that, not for raids no, but they can glyph it. so why make a spec, for all about just 1 glyph?.
    Monk: would get some kind of range dps. But why, do they need to have a range spec, if you want to be a range, Roll a druid if you also want to heal and tank.
    Warrior : What would they get? HOW would a healing spec fit in here? Since they already have a tanker spec. And a 3 dps spec would just be stupid. So what would that be? a 3 weapon 1h?
    Paladin : would be range dps agian, why? Lore wise, holy magic is not a magic used to battle enemys from range, and if you want to, you can glyph you holy paladin to atleast do some damge.
    Priest : the same as paladin, Why? Is 1 damge spec not enough?.
    Deathkngiht : would get what? a range damge specc or a healing spec, how can a DK heal? so it would be a range dps spec, and that just does not make sence.
    Hunter: What would they get? YOU can not heal with a Gun/bow/crossbow, that is a no no. and a person useing a range weapon like a bow is not a tank. How would the 4 fit in here. For if you gave everybody, then it have to be everybody and not just well beside hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    They druid 4th spec made total sence, druids have always had that 4th specc. So how come it makes no sence? But fine What would warlock have? They have destruction, whoes focus on casting spells like singel targets, heavy hitting spells. Afflition, is Damge over time. Demonology is all about the demon. So what would the 4th be? A tank spec? fine, if you REALLY wanted it to, it could make sence, But why, why is 4 tanks not enough for you? And lets talk about mages, So what should they get? Some kind of Time warp healing? still would be cool yeah, but make sence? not really. And people should not have picked a non hyprid class in hope of it getting a tank or heal spec.

So let me just make a list of this sillyness.

snip
    You spout a lot of non-sense about lore, just pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    none other deserves one and blizzard stated this over and over so be done with it.
    [citation needed] Sorry, they did say they aren't going to do it for MoP, they didn't say they are never going to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of them. Every class should get a fourth spec, and the specs should be used to give classes something that they used to be able to do but no longer can, or something completely new.

I've actually got some ideas for this.

First of all, to accomodate some of these changes, ranged weapons should be split up into two-handers (bows and rifles) and one-handers (crossbows and pistols).

Warrior: Vanguard (Ranged/Melee DPS)
    Ranged/Melee hybrid spec for warriors. Wields crossbows or pistols in offhand. Loses some melee and defensive capabilities in favor of movement and ranged attacks. Leads the charge in battle.
    - Inspiration: Gilnean warriors like Genn Greymane.

Paladin: Crusader (Spell DPS)
    Simply put, a specialization dedicated specifically to Shockadin playstyle. Wields caster maces and off-hands, especially Librams.
    - Inspiration: The sub-optimal "Shockadin" spec.

Hunter: Beast Master (Melee DPS)
    Melee spec for hunters. Shots become strikes. The current BM spec is renamed "Ranger."
    - Inspiration: Beast Master was a Hero Unit in WC3. Rexxar is the most famous.

Rogue: Scout (Ranged DPS)
    Ranged specialization. Can (dual) wield crossbows and pistols, and throw daggers. Quick and acrobatic.
    - Inspiration: The Scout was a core class in the tabletop RPG

Priest: Acolyte (Spell DPS)
    A spell DPS spec focused on holy damage.
    - Inspiration: Sub-optimal Discipline DPS specs.

Death Knight: Flame (Melee DPS)
    A new group of Death Knights, mostly fallen paladins, under the guidance of the new Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon. Use fire-based attacks instead of frost. Opposite of Arthas' style DKs, seek to purge the remaining evil Scourge in fire.
    - Inspiration: Bolvar Fordragon (holy/fire), Thane Korth'azz (fire), Teron Gorefiend (fire), Sir Zeliek (holy)

Shaman: Guardian (Tank)
    Tanking spec primarily revolving around earth totems and defensive abilities.
    - Inspiration: Old, sub-optimal shaman tanking specs.

Mage: Time (Healing)
    An offshoot of the Arcane spec focused on manipulating time and space to heal and defend allies. Can turn back time to reverse the effects of injuries, alter the flow of time and space to prevent or redirect attacks, etc. Also has access to some damage and utility abilities.
    - Inspiration: Recent developments for the mage class involving time-based magic. Time Lord's Regalia.

Warlock: Demon Hunter (Tank)
    A melee-range focused tanking spec for warlocks. Split off from the current Demonology spec.
    - Inspiration: Warlocks already have a Glyph of Demon Hunting; Demon Hunters in general.

Monk: Wardancer (Melee DPS)
    A more graceful and flowing fighting style than the forceful Windwalker, with circular movements instead of linear ones. Uses a Crane stance.
    - Inspiration: Wardancer class from the RPG, the fourth August Celestial (not currently represented by monks).
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2012-12-08 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Crackling Jade Lightning is useless, Chi-Ji is left out....

Monk needs a ranged dps spec.
    Isn't Chi-Ji more like the healing aspect anyway?