Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There have been some times when I feel I've let myself down in the way I've behaved online. I don't like making other people feel bad face to face, so I try not to do it online either.

Kind and polite to the people that deserve it. I hate anyone that is incompetent or that I disagree with on a fundamental level and so I'll argue my point in a very cynical and sarcastic way. That got me infractions on previous accounts. Sadly my personality goes very much against the rules of this forum when I'm in a certain mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    I'm a dick online and a dick offline. Don't care what people think. I'll argue with anyone over anything, anytime
    That describes me to a T. I think IRL we'd either be friends or get into a fight. Possibly both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have openly admitted to possessing zero regard for the rules of this forum. The fact that I have only been infracted and temp banned a few times as opposed to being perma banned simply shows that my own personal code of conduct is reasonably compatible with the rules of this forum for the most part. Personally I think the vast majority of the mods are over-zealous, self-righteous, tosser jobsworths with no common sense, but there are exceptions to that. Even though I don't post that much, it seems as though my run-ins with the mods are relatively sparse, since I am not someone to simply spam mindless flames.

I have absolute faith in my ability to recognise a prick when I see one, and if i feel it is appropriate I will point it out. However, if someone provides a compelling argument against me, I will always admit when I am wrong. I suppose that's the thing to understand about me (my god this sounds self-indulgent), I might be somewhat aggressive in my statements sometimes but I am very open to competition and contradiction, as my main goal is to gain greater knowledge and understanding and I have nothing but appreciation for the people that can provide that to me.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Getting infracted because of something you haven't done is never going to happen.

Also, let's not talk about moderators' actions, no need for that, if you want though, just PM Sunshine.
    So why would an Infraction be Private? Even to the person being Infracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    "How well are you aware of the way you're replying to others?"

I have no empathy for people I have no attachment to. So naturally I just write it how I view it without covering anything up.
    Can be both good and bad that. But that is just how I am.
    Some people really need the truth while others would probably have been better off if I kept my mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    That describes me to a T. I think IRL we'd either be friends or get into a fight. Possibly both.
    Probably beat the piss out of each other til we were both tired and then be friends again
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So why would an Infraction be Private? Even to the person being Infracted.
    Goddammit, this is why we can't have nice things.

Deleted
    I care little for consequences online, I insult and demean at whim. In person I am as polite and humble as royalty and I'm exceptionally considerate. To some it would make sense that the polite side is simply a facade and my harsh side is the reality but there are simply two sides to me, uncontrollable but ever consistent. In theory the fake side should crack under pressure and stress but the separation between online and offline remains ever persistent. My only conclusion is that I am both, instead of having a mixture in both worlds like most do, some may be 60/40 nice/nasty in one and 40/60 in the other, I'm not like that. I subconsciously separate my social tendencies into two different areas, one dominated by elitism, superiority, anger, frustration, resentment. The other dominated by compassion, empathy, peace and joy. Online I approach things with no regard to morality or emotion, I discard most instinctive reasoning for logical and mathematical approaches, offline I am the opposite, I act on feeling and morality without considering logic first.

15+ Year Old Account
    I try to act like the same person I am in the real world. I don't usually shy from stating my point of view or giving my opinion of yours. I don't much care if people will think I'm wrong or take offense, but I don't think trying to make people angry accomplishes much, in most circumstances. There have been a few times my online presence has said something that I realized later was over the line, but usually I'm good at self-editing.

I think I've only ever gotten 1 infraction here, for a sig that was too many kb. On the official forums, I got a 3day ban, but it was just for trying to make a point by posting on a toon named BillyBadass (but with essets and accents) when Blizz said they were going to ban nonstandard characters on the EU realms. Got reported for explicit language because of the word 'ass', lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    "How well are you aware of the way you're replying to others?"
    Not sure if that is a question for me, But i'll answer it anyway!
    I'm aware of the way i behave wich can be good and sometimes bad. I generally tend to not be a "Dick" but ofcourse i have my fair share of moments aswell.
    Not something i'm proud of though! Sometimes i do find myself being too harsh and i tend to apologize for it if it was totally unneccesary.
    I do however think i've been responding more responsively as i became older. But regardless of that i still slip everynow and then!

Deleted
    I am open minded, but if your view of something is the full opposite of mine I first try to explain my point of view then get super sarcastic is it's something I find serious or truly like and you bring little to no arguments to your point. To be not confused with me trying to be funny though (to which I fail 50% of times, I have dryad humour sometimes, it comes naturally to me... get it? get it? NATURALly!, and now you're facepalming).
    If you continue after that with a point I find really stupid, I generally consider you're a fanatic and stop responding since it's not worth my time. Though to not be confused to me stopping responding because I forget about the thread, since that happens a lot to me lol.

In general though I'm a nice guy. I wasn't infracted for serious things, a forbidden topic I made as a joke when I said the doomsday is coming to wow relating to the twilight cult and once made a stupid comparison.

I talk more here then in real life sometimes. Because I'm a bit more shy in real life.

I wish I could be as honest and straighforward in real life as I am on the internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't say, really. I like to think I'm smart enough to handle the Internet with... appropriate force.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    I wish I could be as honest and straighforward in real life as I am on the internet
    What's stopping you? Common sense, respect, fear?

I try to live by the golden rule that if someone ask for your opinion, you might as well tell the truth no matter what. Maybe I should add that I don't really make friends easily..

This thread is already amusing because one person has been banned since they posted.

Tbh I'm much more of a dick in real life than on internet forums. If someone says something stupid on the internet, I might just let it go fairly quick if I feel I'm arguing with a brick wall. In the real world they will get what's coming to them, it's no holds barred when I let them know how much of a moron they are.

Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    What's stopping you? Common sense, respect, fear?

I try to live by the golden rule that if someone ask for your opinion, you might as well tell the truth no matter what. Maybe I should add that I don't really make friends easily..
    I try to live by the principle, that if what I say does nothing but hurt, there is no good in saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like rl, mostly. I try to keep things lighthearted, and generally fail miserably because people misunderstand my :P's. I try to keep a level head, fail miserably whenever I actually care about the discussion. THe only damn downright good thing I can say about my own online vs. offline behaviour is that online I am better at ecognizing what discussions I shouldn't take.

Honestly, if I started browsing these forums while drunk, Boub would permaban my entire family tree just to be on the safe side xD
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    There isn't really any reason to sugar coat everything, But do you feel like being rude while you don't need to be necessary? ( I'm not saying that you are btw, just wondering )
    Some people think I come across as rude, maybe it's just social courtesy to beat around the bush? Lol.

Some people appreciate people being direct, others don't. I don't think I'm rude at all though. I'm polite and I always greet people well etc.