Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    attaching CC reduction to resil would just mean healers would stack it and become nigh un-ccable when DR comes into effect
    everyone @ high rated arenas already does, healers and dps alike.

And yeah, I too think CC is a bit over the top at the moment. Especially aoe cc. The cd reduction of warrior fear+shockwave for everyone, the addition of pala blind, druid disorient, priests psyfiend, hunters aoe root etc. etc. causes me to get caught in completely random ccs MUCH more than in previous expansions. You constantly get caught in stuff not even remotely targeted at you in random bgs.

Two options.

1/ CC should all share the same Deminishing Returns. Thus you can only be chain CC'ed for a short amount of time.

2/ Trinkets should make you immune to CC for 5 seconds as well as removing CC from you. Thus you actually have a chance, once every few minutes, to fight back or throw up some heals. I'd not make them immune to Silence or Snares though - just Stuns, Fears, Sap, Roots, Mind Control, those sorts of things.

One or the other would be fair, I think.

People keep saying "oh well random bgs no one is coordinated" not realizing that BOTH sides are like this.

So pretty much the opposite team is targeting you hitting diminishing returns on everything. But that DOESN'T MATTER because there's so much different CC with different DR's so you can pretty much be shutdown for 20+ seconds straight. Not that it really matters since with burst you'll probably be dead in under 10 seconds anyways.

So yes, the problem is CC. Not coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Two options.

1/ CC should all share the same Deminishing Returns. Thus you can only be chain CC'ed for a short amount of time.

2/ Trinkets should make you immune to CC for 5 seconds as well as removing CC from you. Thus you actually have a chance, once every few minutes, to fight back or throw up some heals. I'd not make them immune to Silence or Snares though - just Stuns, Fears, Sap, Roots, Mind Control, those sorts of things.

One or the other would be fair, I think.
    These are the two options I've always thought would atleast quell the problem if not go towards fixing it. Implementing one of these would return it to using your limited CC at the right time rather than using as much CC as possible all the time.

I personally don't understand why they feel everyone needs several different CCs now, it's just a bit boring when everyone has 3+ CCs and immense burst damage, like they're scared to give a class something a different class doesn't have because the vocal miniority will cry about it. People used to moan that it was like a rock-paper-scissors system but atleast that's based on a more entertaining balance, now everyone just has a hammer but some are bigger than others.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

All CC sharing the same diminishing returns is how SWTOR PvP works, and man do I prefer that system to WoW.
    SWTOR's Resolve system has its flaws but it's a TON more enjoyable and skillful to play around than being non-DR CC chained in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Combined DR sounds pretty sweet, and would actually do two goods:
    1) Applying a CC must now be very well thought about, because if the situation does not warrant it, it will likely leave you less effective when things heat up shortly after.
    2) Mindless mass AoE CCing would be punished, as it should be. Thus a team running up to some strategic point and going all out on them with no consideration at all, would probably be fought back nicely once everyone hit their trinkets.

I can understand a bit, why everyone and his/her mother has CC nowadays. Thinking about 3-arenas, if there were classes with no or bad CC, those would probably be excluded from it entirely. I suppose fixing it on the receiving end is pretty much all what can be done without breaking some classes or having to redesign a whole lot more than sensibly doable or even wanted.

Using a trinket only when really called for is pretty much what I do. So I like to think at least, and my playing history goes back quite a few years. (Vanilla beta actually.) With burst where it is however, there is pretty much a constant pressure on a lot of team mates. Especially in the smaller BGs. People should be killed of course, but it sadly is possible to CC a group so much, that by the end of it I'm the only one left with little chances of saving anyone. Or at least buying someone a few seconds. The days of "focus the healer down" are somewhat over. We're best taken care of by skill free AoE CC, and dealt with when everyone else was burned down now it seems.
    All the strategic considerations in honors, but often there is only so much one can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    The days of "focus the healer down" are somewhat over. We're best taken care of by skill free AoE CC, and dealt with when everyone else was burned down now it seems.
    Aye, when I play my Disc Priest in 2's and 3's I just get shutdown with CC while they burst my teammates down (equally we shutdown their healer too), maybe 1 out of 10 teams will try and burst me down first which is funny considering I probably die faster than the dps .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Resilience reducing CC duration will just lead to weirdness where you won't know exactly what to expect. CC should just all share DR. That said, CC feels worse because damage is too fast, but I don't expect much of a change from Blizzard on that, their motto seems to be the faster play happens the better, and dam the quality of the experience.

I feel bad for their significant others.
    I dont think DR's on all cc's is usefull, it will just crap everything up, however i do think some things should be moved into the same school of diminishing returns. CC is fine to be honest, some comps have a bit more, maybe some cc's should have their cast time increased. But Blizz is trying hard to balance the cc aspect. But they arent prone to forum QQ as much as they used to be; save the chaos wave nerf ( rrraaaaaaggggeee!!),

High Overlord
    CC should cost something, not just be free to use any time. I main a rogue and most of their CC costs a fair bit of energy if not specced for it, stun costs a gcd, energy, combopoints, and incurs a cooldown. Blind, gouge, and sap all cost energy and are broken by any damage, again if not specced for it. If warrior stuns used their TfB stacks, they would think twice about using it. Blood fear seems fair, a good chunk of health for an instant cast fear, tho the CD should be a bit longer IMO. But since they may very well be nerfing it, they should tie it to each spec's resource, say 200 demo fury, a burning ember, or a soul shard.

Sharing a DR may help, but I want them to make people chose between damage and control.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Funny that you mention rogues. My first main for many years was one too, and in those early days CC was quite short in supply. While back then rogues were cherished by their team for providing some good annoyance to the enemy team. Rogues of today sadly feel like little more than crazy needle pokers with little chance of harming me in a serious way as a druid healer. I fear warlocks, warriors and shadows a LOT more nowadays. (Pun intended.) And it's only in combination with those, where a well placed kick or blind makes an actual difference. Somewhat sad if I think about it.

I would either like instant cc to last shorter or maybe create a global dr on instant ccs so people would not be chaining their instant ccs on people(though it would be uneffected by spells that make casted ccs instant?).
    Last edited by apepi; 2012-12-10 at 11:26 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    CC should cost something, not just be free to use any time. I main a rogue and most of their CC costs a fair bit of energy if not specced for it, stun costs a gcd, energy, combopoints, and incurs a cooldown. Blind, gouge, and sap all cost energy and are broken by any damage, again if not specced for it. If warrior stuns used their TfB stacks, they would think twice about using it. Blood fear seems fair, a good chunk of health for an instant cast fear, tho the CD should be a bit longer IMO. But since they may very well be nerfing it, they should tie it to each spec's resource, say 200 demo fury, a burning ember, or a soul shard.

Sharing a DR may help, but I want them to make people chose between damage and control.
    Your examples with locks makes me cringe. Soul shards, and embers are not as easy to get in arenas as a ticking energy bar. The equivalent of a soul shard would be 100+ energy.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    Your examples with locks makes me cringe. Soul shards, and embers are not as easy to get in arenas as a ticking energy bar. The equivalent of a soul shard would be 100+ energy.
    Lol I hope that doesn't happen, just had to think of an example in the 30 secs it took me to type :P
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.