Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do your local Pigeons do?

Basically, here, New York, and New Jersey. Pigeons do not fly. They prefer to walk everywhere. If you're barreling down the road the pigeon will walk to cross the street and get out of harms way. It is rather rare for them to fly. What I have seen them do is flat their wings to push themselves but still walk. I have had pigeons bump into me, I have had pigeons dart under my feet as I am walking. Last time I was in Nottingham, England, pigeons flew if you came anywhere close to them and they watched carefully. Same for some areas south.

I wonder if one day "City Pigeons" will evolve to developer more powerful legs and lose their flight.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I live in FL I see pigeons just scavenging for food or build nests inside old buildings, maybe hang on telephone wires as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a few pigeons, but our most populous bird is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great-tailed_Grackle

At dusk there are so many of them getting ready to roost on power lines and trees you'd think it was the end of the world. They are sooooo loud and messy.

idk, Pigeon stuff?

Don't get many here, mostly Magpies and they're all fat as hell and walk everywhere too.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Basically, here, New York, and New Jersey. Pigeons do not fly. They prefer to walk everywhere. If you're barreling down the road the pigeon will walk to cross the street and get out of harms way. It is rather rare for them to fly. What I have seen them do is flat their wings to push themselves but still walk. I have had pigeons bump into me, I have had pigeons dart under my feet as I am walking. Last time I was in Nottingham, England, pigeons flew if you came anywhere close to them and they watched carefully. Same for some areas south.

I wonder if one day "City Pigeons" will evolve to develope more fat and lose their power to flight.
    fixed it for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzy View Post
    fixed it for you
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...gy_Pidgey_Isle

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    We have a few pigeons, but our most populous bird is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great-tailed_Grackle

At dusk there are so many of them getting ready to roost on power lines and trees you'd think it was the end of the world. They are sooooo loud and messy.
    lol, i read that and thought, 'hmmm sounds a lot like where i live' than looked at ur location...we both live in san antonio

it gets loud at northstar mall tho, i agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I wonder if one day "City Pigeons" will evolve to developer more powerful legs and lose their flight.
    Road runner pigeons! XD

I don't see many where I live and they are very watchful. Can hardly approach them without scaring it off.
    I guess it must have to do with people shooting them for sport here while those in New York aren't bothered much less kicked; and of course, more people.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-12-08 at 06:50 AM.

Fuck those birds, man...

10+ Year Old Account
    Our Pidgeons hop around on one foot with the other sucked up in their body to get food for sympathy. Fuck survival of the fittest man.

Also, we have more of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvus_corax then anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Holy shit this, down here in CC too. Loud enough you can hear them all yelling with the windows up in a car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crap on anything and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't get many here, really only see them in the city, but they fly if they get startled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Crap on anything and everything.
    This.. They also refuses to fly away when you walk towards them.. They just run around in panic instead ._.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    mostly Magpies and they're all fat as hell and walk everywhere too.
    I resent that.

my local pigeons devour the souls of young candy folk and devour gibbler seeds O-O i live in the nightosphere
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw some pigeons near my favorite sports bar the other night. They just kinda chilled out near tables people were eating at, in the hopes of scoring some free eats.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Auckland, New Zealand. They scavenge and get fat... but they still fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Pigeon,

Pigeons I saw when I was in Japan.

Only have crows here really. They poop on you, and seagulls, they poop on you more.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ That's what happens when you blow-dry a pidgeon and fluff it up good.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!