I posted this on the WoW general forums, but to gain more support/feedback I posted here to see what people have to say.

Hi all, this is a large amount to read, so I'll quickly sum up what I wish to talk about. 1) I want to see regular/heroic modes combined so that the difficulty of the fight is based more on the boss then a difficulty setting. 2) I would like to see LFR difficulty increased. 3) I would like a new loot system, where players are encouraged to cooperate more with respect to loot.

I really want to hear what the community/Blizzard has to say to some of these things.

1)I want for raid difficulties to be reduced back to two. I know a lot of people dislike LFR because they feel it's a necessary grind for gear where they are forced to carry other people and then risk having no reward from it anyhow. I think it's fairly safe to say that LFR is hear to stay, though. So I thought for a little while on how I would like to see a change on this.

I think that in the current state people have to learn three separate fights for the same boss and I feel it's a bad design. I started WoW after ICC had been out for a long time, but before Cata. Everyone I've talked to about this said that this is the point where WoW declined in player enjoyment. So, while I haven't truly experienced Ulduar in the way other people have I think I know what could make the raiding experience much more fun again.

LFR is here to stay, and I'm not going to complain about that, if Blizzard wants more people to have fun and experience the game that's fine, I mean that is the reason we play, right? It's there job to make the experience fun for all their customers. So, if LFR is here to stay and we want to reduce the amount of raid encounters that have to be learned I think it would be logical to get rid of heroic mode of raids, and at first you might think what?! This is madness! Keep reading.

If we got rid of heroic difficulty in the sense it currently is we could make it so that there were more elite encounters, and make it so that progression was based on your ability to kill a boss as opposed to learning to adapt to new changes installed in the heroic version of each fight. I love the idea of having a huge raid tier like we currently have, because I'm a fairly casual player and I'm able to raid and enjoy the content at whatever rate I feel like and not have huge downtimes between patches. I think the idea of creating certain "optional" fights in place of heroic bosses is much more fun then going to fight lets say Stone Guard again, just learning how to deal with another pooch. This also gives Blizzard more flexibility in designing these grand raids that everyone loves, less tuning, more fun.

A current example of how this could be installed is with Elegon. If people could just clear the trash and go into the Will of Emperors encounter, it'd be difficult but it's possible without the loot from Elegon. So why not make Elegon optional. Make the fight harder in the aspect that you have this DPS check to get these BiS items. If you wanted to clear Will of the Emperors and then go on to HoF, fine, but if you wanted to go back and have to kill this epic dragon that can give you great loot and make HoF progression easier, wouldn't that be fun?

This idea of elite gear is new to me, and I love it. Do an encounter in a manner that increases the difficulty of the fight and you get greater rewards. Not like shooting yourself in the foot to make it difficult, but and actual mechanic that you perform differently then the easier route is pretty cool. I think doing 10% of the fights in this manner, as well as making certain fights just downright harder than others. I made the example of Elegon because it's no the final raid encounter of the patch. I think it's okay for some fights to be harder than others without necessarily being followed by a fight harder than that. I do think that Sha of Fear should no doubt be the hardest fight of the patch, and Grand Empress only slightly easier than that. But the other fights should have more flexibility.

2)I read the forums on popular sites such as mmo-champion, and I think it's safe to say that the community really has a nostalgic love for Vanilla raids. This is when there was only one difficulty of raiding and it caused a lot of people to absolutely fall in love with the game, but others who weren't able to experience all the content were turned away, so we need a way for people to fall in love with these raids but at the same time able to experience the content. I think LFR needs to be more difficult to the point that you will wipe if you fail to communicate with people properly, that people should be encouraged to play with each other as opposed to this idea that we have solo queues to go get quick gear.

3) I played the Guild Wars 2 beta for a while, and I don't want to compare these two game because it's apples and oranges, but I feel Guild Wars did something great with the way they incorporated loot for world bosses and events. I really, really wish WoW would incorporate something like this because it really does make people want to play together to accomplish these awesome objectives. Blizzard can no doubt calculate who did the most damage/healing/damage reduction etc. So why not make loot for LFR and open world objectives based off of this. Let's say I'm doing Stone Guards, if I do more damage then someone, don't stand in purple stuff, run towards people that have chains with me why shouldn't I have an increased chance of loot? It just makes sense to reward people who do the fight the way it's designed, it's not right to give an AFK person the same chance to win loot as the person pulling 100k+ DPS. I'm not saying that if you perform badly you should be punished, everyone still gets a chance at loot, I'm saying those who perform above average should be rewarded as so.

This idea can also be applied to open world quests and such. I don't think that just because you are in a party with someone who kills an objective the whole party should be rewarded. But just because you aren't in a party with someone doesn't mean you shouldn't be rewarded for participating in killing an objective. I think this idea of tagging takes away from the fun aspect of the game. The only case I think tagging is appropriate to the point that another person doesn't receive credit would be between Horde and Alliance. If you get in a party with someone it should be because you want to better communicate with that person and not spam general chat, or maybe because you are friends with that person and it makes it easier to complete objectives if you have a healer who can better see your health bars, or a tank who can pull aggro off of specific people better. I think this could be incorporated greatly with CRZ, it builds a sense of community regardless of how long you will be playing with these people, or if they are on the same realm or not. (can we get the option to add friends on specific realms without using realid).

Just a final note, if you agree with a point that's great, if you disagree, please explain what would be better rather than just saying it's wrong. I want this to be a constructive post.