View Poll Results: Which Era Was The Best?

Voters
1372. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic World of Warcraft

    102 7.43%
  • The Burning Crusade

    441 32.14%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

    518 37.76%
  • Cataclysm

    32 2.33%
  • Mists of Pandaria

    279 20.34%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
LastLast
  1. #381
    I'm also surprise that wrath is above TBC, i guess, if this poll was made 1-2 years ago, TBC would still be king (as a matter of fact, i have seen quite a few of this kind of poll, pre-mop, TBC always end up ahead)

    For this reason, i agree that, there must be a good part of old school gamer (not all of them obviously, since vanilla - tbc still got vote) that just moved on, that is not only don't play the game anymore but don't come to these forums.

    It's not big secret that they have been huge turnover of player in wow, in fact, from the people i was raiding with back in TBC, maybe only a few remains, the vast majority have quit (me included). i still keep teamspeak contact with old friend, bot not ingame, $15 just to chat is pushing it.

    So yes, since the population of wow has barely changed since TBC (11 millions at the end of TBC, 10 millions at the begining of MOP), i suppose that there are as much new player that came into the game, most possibly durring the wrath period, which explain the poll.

    The problem with wrath, is that it alternate the best and the worse. Naxx 80 was awful, boring and far far too easy. Ulduar was maybe the greatest raid of all wow. ToC possibly the worst raid tier of all Wow. ICC was ok, but i did not like the constant nerfing. Or more exactly, i feel that people that clear it pre nerf should have something special. title or tabard, or mount, anything.

    I agree that the first 6 month of cataclysm were great. Nice leveling, though the zone were too far apart, the dungeaon heroics were fun and challenging, people needed to manage mana and use crowd control spell, really fun. being able to cheat the dungeon finder with item in bags were a big mistake from blizz, which contribute to the general feeling that dungeons were too hard, which there were not.
    Raid were interesting, nice trash pack in BoT, nicest trash pack we have had in a very long time. Interesting mechnics for the boss.

    But the quality degrade after that. No raid in 4.1, just two rehash 5 man content. 7 boss raid in 4.2 and 8 boss in 4.3. It's not so much the number of boss, but the design of the boss, especially in 4.3 Far too repetitive, often enough, DS boss had 2 phase that just repeat until enrage. Deathwing could be one of the most repetitive and boring fight of the game, as bad as raid boss from molten core.

    Can't comment on MoP, never played it.

  2. #382
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellez View Post
    People who didn't vote for TBC or classic confirmed for not knowing shit about wow.
    So you're saying that because you think that CLASSIC (I bolded, italisised and underlined the real term that people that used to play back then use. Seriously, almost only people that started later on use "Vanilla") and TBC were the best, everyone else is stupid and not entitled to their opinion... Well then.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 05:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You're whining because it was too fucking hard? Last time I heard everyone hated Wrath cause it was too easy.

    What the hell?
    I said the same thing earlier, where when Cata hit, EVERYONE was talking shit about WotLK, and now it's on top of the charts as being the best. Figures...

  3. #383
    I picked classic because it had more of a sense of open-world adventure than the expansions, which are much more focused and linear.

  4. #384
    TBC. The game was gaining so much momentum and raids were incredible IMO. I enjoyed the feeling of progression through the heroics->kara->za/t5->t6. The game stayed challenging and fresh for about two whole years when all they really added was ZA and Sunwell (which I hardly even scratched). I'll admit, without a good guild the expansion would have been terrible for me... any DPS alts I had who couldn't get into guild raids were completely abandoned because getting through a Shadow Labs run on a hunter seemed fucking impossible at times.

  5. #385
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    No it's actually because people don't remember the crap WoTLK was after Cataclysm.
    No, it's actually because people preferred Wrath over TBC.

  6. #386
    classic of course

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    Everything was perfect except resilience IMHO.
    What do you think was the matter with it?

    Too good or too bad? Or was it the fact that it was there and seperated pvp gear from pve?

  8. #388
    I remember when Wrath was out and everyone thought it was the worst but I didnt really because in the beginning of it I made friends doing heroics on my realm and kept doing it with those people. I REALLY wish lfg prioritized your own realm so you can meet new people on it

  9. #389
    Wrath. I'm a bit biased because I started playing in Wrath, so everything felt fresh and exciting. But looking back on it you could pug a lot of content and make new friends as well as run with your raid each week since 10/25 didn't share a lockout. There was enough "easy" content that it felt like you were progressing at a decent pace, yet enough "hard" content that people who wanted a challenge could find it (in the later tiers obviously). All in all it just felt the most balanced for all players to me.

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So you're saying that because you think that CLASSIC (I bolded, italisised and underlined the real term that people that used to play back then use. Seriously, almost only people that started later on use "Vanilla") and TBC were the best, everyone else is stupid and not entitled to their opinion... Well then.
    people always used both words. What you say is wrong. The second part is right though, 100% true.

    kidding aside though, it actually does hold some merit. If you never played during BC for example, there is no way for you to tell if that era of the game was more enjoyable and fun than wotlk. It does slightly diminish your opinion.

    I said the same thing earlier, where when Cata hit, EVERYONE was talking shit about WotLK, and now it's on top of the charts as being the best. Figures...
    that's because players didnt expect the pile of garbage cata would turn out to be. In light of the horrible things blizzard can still do to this game, they actually appreciate how good wotlk was - relative to the true cataclysm that was cataclysm.

  11. #391
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,595
    The best era? From launch to now. Not now as the exact time of this post, but now as the everchanging present. World of Warcraft was, is, and will be a great game. You can't really complain about a game that has content added, and changes made every few months. You can't complain about a game that has had numerous designers, artists, and engineers working on it. You can't complain about a game that has had numerous different design philosophies used on it. So, the very fact that the game has stayed so popular for so long means that the time the game has existed is an era in and of itself.

    Best Era: The eight great years, and counting, that this game has existed.

  12. #392
    Wrath had amazing raids but was also polluted with some of the worse, hence my vote goes to tBC. I personally cannot remember a raid I really hated (hyjal was a little annoying) and also loved the attunements, it gave the raids a little more meaning.

    I liked wrath and its entire story drive, but I disliked how it became the first expansion directed the game into some bad ideas; lack of attunements, burst-fest pvp, taking out class uniqueness, Heroic raids, and easy ability to skip raid tiers.

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No, it's actually because people preferred Wrath over TBC.
    I remember like it was yesterday.

    "WoTLK is too casual and easy".
    "WoTLK is the worst expansion ever" [then the dreadful Cataclysm came].
    "WoTLK heroics are too easy, epics don't feel epic anymore".

    WoTLK was the start of the downfall of the game. Cataclysm destroyed it [...in more ways then one]. Sometimes I think that Blizzard got fed up with all the WoTLK is bad and said fuck it let's make Cataclysm suck and troll the community. Bashing TBC makes people look like a fools in my eyes, obviously something went wrong between WoTLK and Cataclysm that made people quit [i.e. going from retarded easy for two years in [WoTLK] to retarded hard [4.0] and then back to retarded easy [4.3 / LFR].

    Lest we forget the horrible people and the rift in the community that WoTLK brought.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Bashing TBC makes people look like a fools in my eyes,
    Right, because anyone with a different opinion is a fool. get over yourself.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Right, because anyone with a different opinion is a fool. get over yourself.
    There's a significant difference between bashing and having a different opinion. Putting words into peoples mouths is disrespectful.

  16. #396
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    I remember like it was yesterday.

    "WoTLK is too casual and easy".
    "WoTLK is the worst expansion ever" [then the dreadful Cataclysm came].
    "WoTLK heroics are too easy, epics don't feel epic anymore".

    WoTLK was the start of the downfall of the game. Cataclysm destroyed it [...in more ways then one]. Sometimes I think that Blizzard got fed up with all the WoTLK is bad and said fuck it let's make Cataclysm suck and troll the community. Bashing TBC makes people look like a fools in my eyes, obviously something went wrong between WoTLK and Cataclysm that made people quit [i.e. going from retarded easy for two years in [WoTLK] to retarded hard [4.0] and then back to retarded easy [4.3 / LFR].

    Lest we forget the horrible people and the rift in the community that WoTLK brought.
    I too remember endless threads of:

    *TBC is shit compared to Classic
    *These raids are f*****g overtuned*
    *Fix (insert class here) BLIZZ NOW FFS* x10
    *FIX BUGS ALREADY BLIZ FFS cant raid because you suck*
    *Flying mounts made me quit, good job BYE!*
    *FIX SHIT ARENA UNBALANCED ! THATS NOT REAL PVP*

    I could go on forever .

    So yeah, tbc was way more hated during and at the beginning of wrath.

    Later on though , dunno why ( prolly nostalgia but i am not going to say it was 100% that ) , people started thinking back only at the first 3 bosses of kara and say it was nice.

    Good day !

  17. #397
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,198
    Wrath, BC, and Mists for me are all really strong for me for various reasons, but I think Wrath comes out ahead. BC and Mists are about tied, based on the small amount of Mists we've seen so far.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    There's a significant difference between bashing and having a different opinion. Putting words into peoples mouths is disrespectful.
    No one is doing that. The only disrespectful thing going on is you saying anyone who doesn't agree with you is a fool and that they "don't know any better". You're a fucking joke.

    PS: I started in TBC and still say Wrath is better. Am I a fool? No, it's called opinions. Learn them or don't have proper discussions.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I too remember endless threads of:

    *TBC is shit compared to Classic
    *These raids are f*****g overtuned*
    *Fix (insert class here) BLIZZ NOW FFS* x10
    *FIX BUGS ALREADY BLIZ FFS cant raid because you suck*
    *Flying mounts made me quit, good job BYE!*
    *FIX SHIT ARENA UNBALANCED ! THATS NOT REAL PVP*

    I could go on forever .

    So yeah, tbc was way more hated during and at the beginning of wrath.

    Later on though , dunno why ( prolly nostalgia but i am not going to say it was 100% that ) , people started thinking back only at the first 3 bosses of kara and say it was nice.

    Good day !
    Just thought i would throw in my 2 cents as someone who has generally had an active account since the game came out. If you are like me and have played since the beginning, there is a very good chance BC was the pinnacle of WoW for you. For me it's *arguably* the best expansion and/or era of the game. But I do think the fact that it was the first expansion and the game was still quite new and awesome to people who had been playing vanilla, plays a big part in why people like me enjoyed BC the most.

    For example, someone who had just started playing at the end of BC or Wrath obviously has a different opinion, as the game always feels better when it is fresh and new to you. That and, different people have different experiences in game. Generally the time of the game where you had great friendships within it will be your best period.

    But i really just had to quote that guy up there^, and tell you that, that is absoloutely NOT how the community recieved the Burning Crusade. Of course, there were people who probably didn't like certain aspects of the game, but it was nothing compared to how the community began acting after Wrath came out. In BC, the game was still so fresh and most people were so addicted to it and enjoying it, most wern't even thinking about complaining, we all just wanted to play. The game was, what it was. (There was always a certain level of complaint with classes being OP, and FOTM of course, but that's just how the game is and will always be)

    In wrath and as the game went on, it became more obvious to people that with voice and complaint, Blizzard could pull a string and change something pretty easily in the game. And they did this in many patches and expansions, mostly because the subscriber base was reaching it's peak and so many more people were starting to play. They had to try and accomodate everyone. The more Blizzard made changes to the game, the more people felt entitled to voice there opinion and try to have the game changed to the way they wanted it. Even if those changes were not the best thing for the game as a whole.

    It's kind of a stupid argument. For it to make sense, you cannot have two people giving an opinion on what expansion was the best unless BOTH people:
    1) Started playing the game at the same time
    2) Had very similar experiences within the game

    So.... meh.

    All I know is that, being someone who has way too much played time notched up in this game, I am ready for it to fade away and for Titan, or whatever Blizzard's next major MMO is, to get released.

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I too remember endless threads of:

    *TBC is shit compared to Classic
    *These raids are f*****g overtuned*
    *Fix (insert class here) BLIZZ NOW FFS* x10
    *FIX BUGS ALREADY BLIZ FFS cant raid because you suck*
    *Flying mounts made me quit, good job BYE!*
    *FIX SHIT ARENA UNBALANCED ! THATS NOT REAL PVP*

    I could go on forever .

    So yeah, tbc was way more hated during and at the beginning of wrath.

    Later on though , dunno why ( prolly nostalgia but i am not going to say it was 100% that ) , people started thinking back only at the first 3 bosses of kara and say it was nice.

    Good day !
    The difference between the end of WoTLK and TBC was that TBC didn't begin the decline of the game. People didn't hate TBC more than WoTLK that's nonsense. You're just mad because you can't handle the truth.

    *These raids are f*****g overtuned*
    You're mistaking TK/SSC for current content when it was specifically overtuned so people couldn't clear it while T4 was current.

    *Flying mounts made me quit, good job BYE!*
    People will complain about everything and anything. Out of 8 million people there was someone complaining. I didn't have a guild member or anyone in trade quit over flying mounts on a PvE server at least.

    Fix (insert class here) BLIZZ NOW FFS* x10
    The game was fairly new. The game is more unbalanced now.

    *FIX SHIT ARENA UNBALANCED ! THATS NOT REAL PVP*
    This is where I know you're pulling crap out of your ass. Arena was more balanced at its launch then it is now or ever has been.

    *FIX BUGS ALREADY BLIZ FFS cant raid because you suck*
    Or maybe because they sucked.

    *TBC is shit compared to Classic
    People didn't say that. There were some that quit but the majority stayed. Hence the subscription numbers stayed stable and went even further up.

    So yeah, tbc was way more hated during and at the beginning of wrath.
    Belial is that you? You're the lord of lies aren't you.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 02:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    No one is doing that. The only disrespectful thing going on is you saying anyone who doesn't agree with you is a fool and that they "don't know any better". You're a fucking joke.

    PS: I started in TBC and still say Wrath is better. Am I a fool? No, it's called opinions. Learn them or don't have proper discussions.
    I shouldn't have to explain myself again so I'll just say you're wrong and you're doing that.

    PS: If you want a proper discussion then don't quote one phrase out of my argument and start saying that I think people are fools for having a different opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •